Who to move on?

1. Morgan Fox- Nowhere near good enough, need a much better LB if we are to be anywhere near the play offs.

2. Glenn Loovens- Out of contract and nowhere near good enough for a upper table team any more, he must be moved on. He wouldn't be anywhere near Middlesbrough/ Fulham etcs team so shouldn't be near ours.

3. Daniel Pudil**- Also out of contract, but he has performed well at times. Im guessing he's on a fairly good wage, so maybe see if he will take a pay cut.

4. Ross Wallace- Out of contract and injured, Wallace didn't do enough at the start of this season to earn a new deal tbh. Love the bloke but if we want to go up, we need much, much better.

5. Liam Palmer- OK as a back up, but prefer Hunt. Palmer again would never get into a Wolves, Villa etc side so we need to be ruthless.

6. David Jones- OK as a back up, but nowhere near good enough, not sure anyone would want him tbh on his wages.

7. George Boyd- Again, will be on big wages and I'm not sure anyone will want him but it would be good if we could offload him somehow.

8. Almen Abdi- Out of contract in 2019, doubt anyone would even take him on a free tbh but if we could get rid it would be a good move.

9. Marco Matias- I rate him, on his day he is unplayable, but he has his day once a season. Not sure anyone would buy him tbh so might be stuck with him.

Butterfield goes back to Derby, we get Sam Winnall back.

Sign Venancio if it's possible to do so for a cheap fee, if not review alternatives.

1 minute ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

It’s clear we need to be making changes , has Jos had enough time to make such decisions, he still hasn’t seen quite a few players even kick a ball yet !! Going to be interesting, I hope !! .

Hopefully he has seen enough of the ones we should ditch.

The injured lads under contract get a pre-season to prove their worth.

Is the transfer window shorter or closed earlier next season?

Let all the out of contract players go other than Nuihu and either of the kids if they resign if not we will get development compensation for them.

Venancio back to his club unless we can bring him in for £500k anymore and there are better options elsewhere, Buttercup back to derby.

Fox is not good enough and need replacing with a championship standard full back, Hunt is too injury prone and personally I would move him on, Palmer is ok as back up but not first choice.

Matias needs moving on or loaning out to at least get off the wage bill, the hutch situation needs looking at if he knee is finished then he should retire, Keiren Lee situation gone very quiet if like many have said he could also be done that will mean Jones staying if he is fine then get rid of Jones. If we again can either loan or get Abdi off the wage will if could save us a few million with wages and medical bills alone we hve better fitter options who have more of a willingness to play than him.

Upfront we need 4 strikers but have 7, we need to offload Fletcher if we can find anyone to take him or loan him out maybe he finds any form and we can sell in January any of his £40k a week off the salaries is an improvement, Rhodes needs loaning out to get regular first team action and hopefully goals then look again at January to maybe recouping some of the fee we paid on him. Winnall clearly does not want to be at the club but due to his injury he could still be here until the January transfer window.

We need to sit down with Joao, Westwood, Hooper, Reach and get their contract extended all have less than 18 months left and if we allow their deals to run out next season we will lose money and all of them. I know people will say we have two young keepers coming through but Westwood fit is still the best keeper in this league and at 33 he still have 5 years in him at this level and maybe one above.

I'd agree with the sentiment and would add Fletcher to that list but realistically other than the out of contracts, I can see the others going while on the reported wages we've been paying out. 

Realistically I can see Westwood being in demand (solely based on paper talk so not too sure), Rhodes could still be a wanted player but we'd take a big hit on the fee we paid, I'd personally take £4m happily, Fessi is a massive saleable asset, probably our biggest, Lees and Bannan would also command decent transfer fees, however other than Rhodes I wouldn't want to lose any. 

If we persist with 5-3-2, with wing backs, Hunt fits the bill but we need back up and IMO we need 2 left sided players in the wing back role. Added to this we need 3 reliable CBs, Hutch could be a decent shout but I'd want 2 more to join Lees with academy lads as back up. 

I still think we're lightweight in Midfield and have failed to address this for 2 years, we're good on the ball but not on a Tuesday night away to a big bullying team when you just need to be strong and tackle for your life. 

1. Morgan Fox- Nowhere near good enough, need a much better LB if we are to be anywhere near the play offs. - he's not a bad back-up left sided centre back... however if we get the opportunity to move him on then I would, he's not a wing back at all.

2. Glenn Loovens- Out of contract and nowhere near good enough for a upper table team any more, he must be moved on. He wouldn't be anywhere near Middlesbrough/ Fulham etcs team so shouldn't be near ours. - He'll be released 

3. Daniel Pudil**- Also out of contract, but he has performed well at times. Im guessing he's on a fairly good wage, so maybe see if he will take a pay cut. - Release, he's played well this season since he moved to centre back but he'll be on big money, we need a clear out

4. Ross Wallace- Out of contract and injured, Wallace didn't do enough at the start of this season to earn a new deal tbh. Love the bloke but if we want to go up, we need much, much better. - has been a great servant for us but we need to be getting the average age of our squad down & releasing players on bigger money, Wallace falls into this category 

5. Liam Palmer- OK as a back up, but prefer Hunt. Palmer again would never get into a Wolves, Villa etc side so we need to be ruthless. - We need to get rid, no way near good enough at this level? Hopefully we can get shut as I shudder every time he's on the pitch, would make a good league 1 full back or centre mid

6. David Jones- OK as a back up, but nowhere near good enough, not sure anyone would want him tbh on his wages. - been made a scapegoat by our lot, he's not brilliant but he's pretty solid, good experience but looking at being on the bench at best next season if everyone's fit, I'd look to sell if we can 100%

7. George Boyd- Again, will be on big wages and I'm not sure anyone will want him but it would be good if we could offload him somehow. - I wasn't happy when we signed him as was another ageing premier league player on big bucks, we needed pace but ended up with him! hasn't really impressed me tbh, I know he's been playing out of position but I would be very happy if we can move him on but not sure if this will be an easy one.

8. Almen Abdi- Out of contract in 2019, doubt anyone would even take him on a free tbh but if we could get rid it would be a good move. - hopefully he just retires, or if not just either pay him up or see if anyone will take him for free, worst signing we've made in years & that's saying summit! 

9. Marco Matias- I rate him, on his day he is unplayable, but he has his day once a season. Not sure anyone would buy him tbh so might be stuck with him.- Wouldn't mind seeing what he can do next season, has shown glimpses this season but his injury record is terrible, keep him fit who knows... we could have a player on our hands, he came with good pedigree from Portugal

Butterfield goes back to Derby, we get Sam Winnall back.- We need to sell Winnall, bought for 500k on good wages, he's our most prized asset for FFP this summer, I like him, always impressed me when he played but he doesn't want to be here, obviously had a fall out with some of our players, it's best we move him on & make a rare profit.

Sign Venancio if it's possible to do so for a cheap fee, if not review alternatives. - Venancio has done okay, had his best game on Saturday I thought, would be happy to sign him but not for the reported 3 mill! he's no better than Sasso & he was available on a free transfer

You've missed Westwood out who like Winnall, is a prize asset FFP wise, he's on big money, we signed for free, we have great options in defence, I think he'll go... tbh it's best for both parties he moves on.

I'd like to see something like the below to go into August with...

GK

Wildsmith

Dawson

RWB

Hunt

new signing

CB

Venancio (if we can get for right price)

Lees

Thorniley

Van Aken

2 new options, or at least 1

LWB

Reach if he learns to not nesh tackles, stop crosses, he would make a great a attacking full back

Penney

A new signing as well 100% who is used to playing in this position

CM

Hutch (can play centre back as well)

Lee

Bannan

Joey

Reach (if he doesn't want to learn how to defend to play LWB)

Fessi (can play in the hole or up top, options for both)

Matias (same as above)

FW

Hooper

Nuhiu

Joao

Fletch

Matias

Fessi

1 hour ago, wawawuto said:

1. Morgan Fox- Nowhere near good enough, need a much better LB if we are to be anywhere near the play offs.

2. Glenn Loovens- Out of contract and nowhere near good enough for a upper table team any more, he must be moved on. He wouldn't be anywhere near Middlesbrough/ Fulham etcs team so shouldn't be near ours.

3. Daniel Pudil**- Also out of contract, but he has performed well at times. Im guessing he's on a fairly good wage, so maybe see if he will take a pay cut.

4. Ross Wallace- Out of contract and injured, Wallace didn't do enough at the start of this season to earn a new deal tbh. Love the bloke but if we want to go up, we need much, much better.

5. Liam Palmer- OK as a back up, but prefer Hunt. Palmer again would never get into a Wolves, Villa etc side so we need to be ruthless.

6. David Jones- OK as a back up, but nowhere near good enough, not sure anyone would want him tbh on his wages.

7. George Boyd- Again, will be on big wages and I'm not sure anyone will want him but it would be good if we could offload him somehow.

8. Almen Abdi- Out of contract in 2019, doubt anyone would even take him on a free tbh but if we could get rid it would be a good move.

9. Marco Matias- I rate him, on his day he is unplayable, but he has his day once a season. Not sure anyone would buy him tbh so might be stuck with him.

Sign Venancio if it's possible to do so for a cheap fee, if not review alternatives.

pretty fair that

1 hour ago, Lombado said:

Hopefully he has seen enough of the ones we should ditch.

The injured lads under contract get a pre-season to prove their worth.

Is the transfer window shorter or closed earlier next season?

In Jos we trust

31 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

1. Morgan Fox- Nowhere near good enough, need a much better LB if we are to be anywhere near the play offs. - he's not a bad back-up left sided centre back... however if we get the opportunity to move him on then I would, he's not a wing back at all.

2. Glenn Loovens- Out of contract and nowhere near good enough for a upper table team any more, he must be moved on. He wouldn't be anywhere near Middlesbrough/ Fulham etcs team so shouldn't be near ours. - He'll be released 

3. Daniel Pudil**- Also out of contract, but he has performed well at times. Im guessing he's on a fairly good wage, so maybe see if he will take a pay cut. - Release, he's played well this season since he moved to centre back but he'll be on big money, we need a clear out

4. Ross Wallace- Out of contract and injured, Wallace didn't do enough at the start of this season to earn a new deal tbh. Love the bloke but if we want to go up, we need much, much better. - has been a great servant for us but we need to be getting the average age of our squad down & releasing players on bigger money, Wallace falls into this category 

5. Liam Palmer- OK as a back up, but prefer Hunt. Palmer again would never get into a Wolves, Villa etc side so we need to be ruthless. - We need to get rid, no way near good enough at this level? Hopefully we can get shut as I shudder every time he's on the pitch, would make a good league 1 full back or centre mid

6. David Jones- OK as a back up, but nowhere near good enough, not sure anyone would want him tbh on his wages. - been made a scapegoat by our lot, he's not brilliant but he's pretty solid, good experience but looking at being on the bench at best next season if everyone's fit, I'd look to sell if we can 100%

7. George Boyd- Again, will be on big wages and I'm not sure anyone will want him but it would be good if we could offload him somehow. - I wasn't happy when we signed him as was another ageing premier league player on big bucks, we needed pace but ended up with him! hasn't really impressed me tbh, I know he's been playing out of position but I would be very happy if we can move him on but not sure if this will be an easy one.

8. Almen Abdi- Out of contract in 2019, doubt anyone would even take him on a free tbh but if we could get rid it would be a good move. - hopefully he just retires, or if not just either pay him up or see if anyone will take him for free, worst signing we've made in years & that's saying summit! 

9. Marco Matias- I rate him, on his day he is unplayable, but he has his day once a season. Not sure anyone would buy him tbh so might be stuck with him.- Wouldn't mind seeing what he can do next season, has shown glimpses this season but his injury record is terrible, keep him fit who knows... we could have a player on our hands, he came with good pedigree from Portugal

Butterfield goes back to Derby, we get Sam Winnall back.- We need to sell Winnall, bought for 500k on good wages, he's our most prized asset for FFP this summer, I like him, always impressed me when he played but he doesn't want to be here, obviously had a fall out with some of our players, it's best we move him on & make a rare profit.

Sign Venancio if it's possible to do so for a cheap fee, if not review alternatives. - Venancio has done okay, had his best game on Saturday I thought, would be happy to sign him but not for the reported 3 mill! he's no better than Sasso & he was available on a free transfer

You've missed Westwood out who like Winnall, is a prize asset FFP wise, he's on big money, we signed for free, we have great options in defence, I think he'll go... tbh it's best for both parties he moves on.

GK

Wildsmith

Dawson

RWB

Hunt

new signing

CB

Lees

Thorniley

Van Aken

LWB

Reach if he learns to not nesh tackles, stop crosses, he would make a great a attacking full back

Penney

CM

Lee

Bannan

Joey

Matias (same as above)

FW

Hooper

Nuhiu

Joao

Fletch

Matias

Fessi

Two young goalkeepers is a risk IMO if we have immediate ambition of promotion. We would have to sign another GK regardless if he left, probably experienced back up, so you're not gonna save all of KW wages as you'd have to use some on a replacement 

Likelihood is if KW goes he goes to a top champ side, thus strengthening them and weakening us (in the immediate term)

Thats not sensible if you want one of only 3 promotion spots, again, IMO

2 hours ago, gypsyowl said:

GK

Wildsmith

Dawson

RWB

Hunt

new signing

CB

Lees

Thorniley

Van Aken

LWB

Penney

CM

Lee

Bannan

Joey

Matias (same as above)

FW

Hooper

Nuhiu

Joao

Fletch

Matias

Fessi

Agree with all of this bar Fletcher... and I would still bring in a CM we need a back up for hutch. If we brought in a good enough one Hutch could play CB meaning we’d only need one player recruiting there.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Agree with all of this bar Fletcher... and I would still bring in a CM we need a back up for hutch. If we brought in a good enough one Hutch could play CB meaning we’d only need one player recruiting there.

Fletcher is one of them where if we could offload him & get him off our wage bill then fair enough, I'd go with that, but if he's fit for August & still a wednesday player (probably will be tbh) then I think he can be very useful next season

It's get said quite often he's a better version of Nuihu, well look how he's done under Jos? Surely a more technically gifted player could surpass the new rejuvenated Nuhiu of 2018

You're right about a new CM, probably could do with someone else, a ball winning midfielder would be good, then like you said, can put hutch into a back 3 then which I tbh think will be his best position

3 hours ago, wawawuto said:

Far to many changes in one go ,players need moving incrementally

Got to keep Rhodes. Best striker at club by far,(record proves it).Been playing in an under strength team and 95% of posters have written him off already.

Let him go and he will tear it up for someone else, Then all on here will be moaning saying what pielarks we were letting him go.

1 hour ago, gypsyowl said:

Fletcher is one of them where if we could offload him & get him off our wage bill then fair enough, I'd go with that, but if he's fit for August & still a wednesday player (probably will be tbh) then I think he can be very useful next season

It's get said quite often he's a better version of Nuihu, well look how he's done under Jos? Surely a more technically gifted player could surpass the new rejuvenated Nuhiu of 2018

You're right about a new CM, probably could do with someone else, a ball winning midfielder would be good, then like you said, can put hutch into a back 3 then which I tbh think will be his best position

I see your thinking, I have never been a fletcher fan myself even prior to us, however I did think he would be better than he has been. On the other hand I am a Nuhiu fan so that kinda counteracts the argument. However I do agree with you that he’ll be here in August.

Pity really as I do think there would be a chance of getting Wickham on a season long loan next year but not sure we can justify it with the number of strikers we have.

53 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I see your thinking, I have never been a fletcher fan myself even prior to us, however I did think he would be better than he has been. On the other hand I am a Nuhiu fan so that kinda counteracts the argument. However I do agree with you that he’ll be here in August.

Pity really as I do think there would be a chance of getting Wickham on a season long loan next year but not sure we can justify it with the number of strikers we have.

Wickham a good shout but I think we need to ban all signings from the premier league indefinitely :biggrin:.... can't think of one good one since westwood?  

7 hours ago, room0035 said:

Upfront we need 4 strikers...

...if we're playing in the pub leagues.

I know this season has been pretty exceptional, but hasn't it taught anyone anything? We keep seeing this short-sighted lack of foresight being stated. Under normal circumstances you would have a duo on the field and two on the bench. Just one injury and you're already lacking options. Presumably you plan on one of them being Hooper who is becoming as well known for injuries as he is for goals. Also remember that the loan window is much more restricted than it was in the past so you can't just bring someone in for a few weeks in an emergency.

5 is the minimum at this level, perhaps 6 if one of those you're depending on struggles to stay fit for long periods.

Dunno, it's not up to us as fans to decide. Horses for courses and a lot out players haven't played for Jos through being injured so who knows how they'll perform under a new manager. Big Dave has improved enormously under Jos's reign so anything is possible