Most improved #SWFC player this season?

We've seen the likes of Wildsmith and Thorniley breaking through to the first team but that's natural progression made all the more easier with the change of manager from Carlos to Jos and the new boss opening the doors to them coming in.

Can't really class those as 'most improved' so I think we have to look at the first teamers really such as Atdhe Nuhiu and Lucas Joao.

Who would be your most improved player of Sheffield Wednesday this season?

Owlstalk Shop

1. Nuhiu

2. Joao

3. Fred (started very shakily but got much better)

Nuhiu and Joao have been transformed, especially Atdhe. We can take huge confidence for next season from this.

If Jos can squeeze even 10% more from Hooper, Bannan, Lees, Reach and Hunt, and if he can motivate Fernando to play at his best we are an absolute shoe-in for a season challenging at the top.

pudil as been a revelation since switching to a central position .. . joao & nuhiu have stepped up from last season .............players like fred, thorniley ,dawson clare have done well but having not really seen them before I cant say if they have improved . ......if I had to make a choice i'd say pudil 

I was always worried when Pudil was on the "Carlos" team sheet. However, I have been quite happy with him since Jos took over and gave him regular games in a back three.

1. Pudil

But is not the future...thats another thread

Then we have Lucas and Atdhe who have been great for Jos

2. Lucas

3. Atdhe

And finally for me is Frederico. Didn't get a look in under Carlos but has certainly now proved his worth.

4. Frederico

Edited by Lombado

12 hours ago, Morgan J King said:

1. Nuhiu for definite. I personally think he deserves player of the year not only for fantastic play but for the ways he encourages fans to be louder, his heart is here with this club and every game he plays

2. Pudil

3. Thorniley 

This. if we were to show you stats of what Reach has done this season and stats of what Nuhiu has done and said. Which set of stats has amazed you the most.?

We would all be saying Nuhiu wouldn't we.

Has to be player of the year for us.

20 hours ago, Holmowl said:

1. Nuhiu

2. Joao

3. Fred (started very shakily but got much better)

Nuhiu and Joao have been transformed, especially Atdhe. We can take huge confidence for next season from this.

If Jos can squeeze even 10% more from Hooper, Bannan, Lees, Reach and Hunt, and if he can motivate Fernando to play at his best we are an absolute shoe-in for a season challenging at the top.

Agree with your 1,2 and 3 but we sure as hell aren’t challenging for the top 4 next year 

I would say that it’s a close decision between Joao and Reach for most improved - not Nuhiu, as many will say.  

Atdhe has become our most effective player and made himself the first name on the teamsheet but he has only improved his fitness and goal scoring. He already had the quality to play with his back to goal, retain possession, bring in other players, beat a man with his close control, set up chances for others with clever assist play, compete aerially, etc. You could see that he had the quality prior to his recent purple patch and he has tended to have a real positive effect whenever he was brought on late in games. The difference now is that Jos believes in him and is playing him from the start. Nuhiu is for me, our player of the season without a doubt and by a long way.  He is immense!!!

However, Reach and Joao have improved immeasurably. Both have improved their decision making, stamina, strength, physicality, shooting, goal-scoring, distribution, pace, positional play and creativity.

Additionally, Joao has improved in temperament (remember the tears), his calmness (in possession) and his aerial ability and Reach has improved his crossing and leadership. Both players have transitioned from junior into senior professionals in front of our very eyes. 

Its a very close call but if I have to choose then it’s Reach by the smallest margin over Joao because there was a spell earlier in the season when Reach was singlehandedly dragging us through games - he showed real character. 

Edited by shandypants

On 20/04/2018 at 09:07, torryowl said:

pudil as been a revelation since switching to a central position .. . joao & nuhiu have stepped up from last season .............players like fred, thorniley ,dawson clare have done well but having not really seen them before I cant say if they have improved . ......if I had to make a choice i'd say pudil 

Pudil plays well when he is due a contract. Did it last time. Pity he is poo inbetween