#SWFC PRESS CONFERENCE

10 hours ago, peacock1961 said:

Rhodes is on his way to Forest. According to a few of their fans i sometimes drink with.

I reckon he’ll go to Stoke when they come down, if they keep Lambert as manager. Westwood might go there too if Butland is sold back to the prem

12 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Lesson one: there shouldn't be a space between the end of a sentence and its ending punctuation.

12 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

I bet you put that sentence together ever so carefully.WTF:

I so wanted to find fault with his sentence....

That said, my grammar is nothing to write home about. I am currently helping my 11 yo towards his SATs in May and his Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar papers are unbelievably tough. There’s stuff in there I’ve never even heard of.

Anyone out there who says exams have been made easier.....go and find a Key Stage 2 Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar paper. 

Enjoy your Subjunctives, Subordinate Clauses and Passive Voices. (if anything EVER deserved a FFS it’s that!)

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

I so wanted to find fault with his sentence....

That said, my grammar is nothing to write home about. I am currently helping my 11 yo towards his SATs in May and his Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar papers are unbelievably tough. There’s stuff in there I’ve never even heard of.

Anyone out there who says exams have been made easier.....go and find a Key Stage 2 Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar paper. 

Enjoy your Subjunctives, Subordinate Clauses and Passive Voices. (if anything EVER deserved a FFS it’s that!)

Been through the same with mine.

What struck me.. wasn't that it was difficult, so much...it's that they're taught so differently.

Maths and English being the stand outs... it was the same shizzle understood in a new way.

2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Been through the same with mine.

What struck me.. wasn't that it was difficult, so much...it's that they're taught so differently.

Maths and English being the stand outs... it was the same shizzle understood in a new way.

Best one ever.

KS2 English test.

Insert a 3 letter word to complete the incomplete word in this sentence:-

“I am f _ _ _ ing tired today.”

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Best one ever.

KS2 English test.

Insert a 3 letter word to complete the incomplete word in this sentence:-

“I am f _ _ _ ing tired today.”

Eel:ph34r: or uck

Edited by Hughthecone
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hughthecone said:

Eel:ph34r: or uck

Its probably a good test of the cleanliness of one’s mind.

If the first answer you think of is eel you will one day enter the Kingdom of Heaven. 

If you leapt straight to uck you may as well live life to the full down here on Earth. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Hughthecone said:

I worked in Holland for 2 and half years ,I picked up a lot words ,mainly ones that you would not want to hear, but they would describe some posters on here IMO.:ph34r:

I studied there for 5 months in groningen and had the time of my life..only learnt one word though which helped when buying a beer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

I so wanted to find fault with his sentence....

Indeed. Some of the linguistic terminology they learn at primary school nowadays didn't used to be covered until A Level English Language not that long ago.

The really soul-destroying aspect of the way English teaching is going is the fact that many eleven year olds can tell you what a split digraph is or identify a subordinate clause, but have no idea how to analyse their use in context, and have very few imaginative ideas as to how to craft an effective piece of writing for themselves.

Reading for pleasure will always be by far the most important activity in terms of producing good readers and writers in the long run, to be honest.

Anyway, back to business - what do you reckon to sticking Forestieri on the left flank?

:duntmatter:

16 hours ago, owls101 said:

Not sure about Rhodes.  Unless we sell for same price as we bought we make a loss which will screw us for ffp.

Financially (Bizarrely) it might be better to keep him.

No we amortised 30pc in the books this season so can sell for 30pc less and not make a further loss 

20 hours ago, Quist said:

I think Westwood and Rhodes are as good as gone for next season. Abswers regarding them are cleverly avoided. This may generate a bit of money to reinvest in players and get rid of high wages of the books.

It would make sense.