At last - Thank you Jos!!!

Not a minute too soon. 

Jos is 100% correct, what we need are more options for plan A and to be less predictable, fans have seen this for yonks!!

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/jos-luhukay-drops-early-hint-about-sheffield-wednesday-s-tactical-approach-for-next-season-1-9120585

The comment about plan B’s is one that’s a little misleading IMO. It was often plan B that got us out of trouble under CC. What was frustrating was why plan A was so often not right and worse still entirely predictable. We’ve save clubs a fortune in scouting as there was simply zero chance of us doing anything remotely unpredictable!!! 

Edited by Morepork
  • Thanks 3

He's no mug. He's seen what we've all seen. Knows better than all of us. 

He's had to go horses for courses to ensure safety,  but now that's assured  I'm pretty certain the lads are going to have a hard working and intense pre season coming so we can hit the ground running.

• Like 1

I've said from the start that Jos has tried and tested promotion methods.

I care not that they are in a different country, nor that his appointment looks left field, or that he doesn't jump up and down on the touchline.

Jos knows football, he will prepare thoroughly and I expect us to hit the ground running next season.

• Like 1

End of the day...chansiri will not get rid of jos....there’s no- one out there who wants the job anyway...chansiri is not going to pay for another manager and staff to come in so let’s get behind jos ...next season can’t be a bigger anti-climax and let down than this season...there’s no pressure or expectations on us next season...so let’s see what happens first

7 minutes ago, Rogers said:

It’s ok coming up with tactics for plan a,b, and c. It’s fitting the players we have into those plans that’s the real issue. 

He'll already have an idea of who's staying and who's going already.

Whether we have the money for the players he wants it a different issue. 

First thing we need is a good plan A.

One that suits the players we have/ acquire and makes us effective in attack and defence.

Also one that is capable of beating all the different types of teams you get in this league.

eg The way Carlos wanted to play was great against footballing sides but very poor against physical teams. This meant we were always going to drop points against certain teams which meant even when we were at our best we were never a top two side.

You need some very good players to set up differently from one week to the next. Not sure we have them.

Only problem I can see is the English players having the same ability as foreign players which jos has worked with in the past, to be more technically / tactically, adept to a changes within a game, if he cant teach our players how to change tactics without changing lets say formation is very difficult, I remember when I first played for Paderborn Utd, how difficult it was, changing tactics with changing formation is a lot easier, this is only a small area of tactical awareness that as a brit I found complicated, it seemed normal for my German colleagues who where brought up playing with these changes, we would practice these changes 2 or 3 times a game.

Just hope our guys are up for it.

Edited by daleblue

29 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

He's no mug. He's seen what we've all seen. Knows better than all of us. 

He's had to go horses for courses to ensure safety,  but now that's assured  I'm pretty certain the lads are going to have a hard working and intense pre season coming so we can hit the ground running.

I really hope your right but i have my doubts.

26 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

I've said from the start that Jos has tried and tested promotion methods.

I care not that they are in a different country, nor that his appointment looks left field, or that he doesn't jump up and down on the touchline.

Jos knows football, he will prepare thoroughly and I expect us to hit the ground running next season.

He wont take us up!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

End of the day...chansiri will not get rid of jos....there’s no- one out there who wants the job anyway...chansiri is not going to pay for another manager and staff to come in so let’s get behind jos ...next season can’t be a bigger anti-climax and let down than this season...there’s no pressure or expectations on us next season...so let’s see what happens first

There are plenty of managers who would jump at the chance of managing us.

Even third division clubs have managers lining up to manage them, we are much more attractive as an option. While ever there are unemployed managers we will have them clamouring for the job. OK as fans they might not be at the top of our wanted list but that's a different issue.

57 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

He'll already have an idea of who's staying and who's going already.

Whether we have the money for the players he wants it a different issue. 

FFP & our financial state will certainly restrict Jos's options in my opinion. He'll probably have to continue working with a few players he'd prefer to move on & players he'd like to bring in to improve weaker areas will probably be out of our reach.

We may have to accept a surprise outgoing for a decent fee for the likes of Westwood, Lees, Bannan, Hooper & Forestieri.

Personally I hope not, the return from injury from 3 of the above & our recent upturn in results is no coincidence.