Half time cringe! Respect the 'legends'

5 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Good memories? We were flipping atrocious back then! 

Also, weird how the Kop looks packed for that QPR game yet rest of the ground is empty.

Some folks can have good memories of events even in the direst of times. It was moments like these that sent some of us home with a smile on our faces. Just because we weren't playing well on a regular basis doesn't mean that all the good bits should be consigned to the dustbin.

16 minutes ago, ReginaldD said:

2000/2001 was my first year as a season ticket holder.

So not necessarily the quality of football on offer but the whole experience provides good memories 

Thanks for posting those clips ReginaldD. They brought back some good memories for me too. Some folks would moan if we got to a Champions League final and lost to the best goal ever scored mate.

7 hours ago, ReginaldD said:

Maybe with our dutch connections these days we might get Gerald Sibon to do the draw next season. 

If we were to put a highlights reel on the screen in his time with us some younger fans would be left wondering why he didn't go on to win the Ballon d'or

Some good memories for me in my early years of having a season ticket 

It would be very interesting if we managed to get Sibon to do the halftime draw.

Would we be lucky enough to see him do the draw in fantastic style and look like a raffle drawing magician or more likely would he get down to pitch side and decide it looked to much like hard work and he just didn't bother.

Either way it would be entertaining, sitting on the edge of our seats waiting to see if we would get a no show or the one in ten chance of a specular show. 

As the highlights show great talent, what it doesn't show is a laziness and can't be arsed attitude.

For a lot of the younger generation he was good, for us older fans not so great.

I would rather pay to watch a less talented player give his all than a gifted one, give nothing.

#rather Nuhiu than Sibon or Jonk#

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Miffed said:

I used to think it was the rubbish speakers we had on the Kop or the crap PA system, but Ive realised lately its just the announcer who mumbles. It was noticeable yesterday when he was doing his usual waffle that no one understands but then when he passed the mic to the guy from Capital** you could hear him loud and clearly. It was as if the old speakers had suddenly sprung into life ....... or my ears suddenly remembered what to do...... I dunno, it just made a change to hear what was going on. Then they passed it back to ol' mumbler again and I hadnt the foggiest.

**only know who he was could I could actually hear for a change.

Everyone in our bit was complaining that we couldn't understand a word he said apart from repeating 'ONTHEPITCHATHILLSBOROUGH' again and again and that the usual guy had mastered the art of the old crappy PA system!

On 17/04/2018 at 18:22, asteener1867 said:

Draw the raffle, then a 5 minute chat...instead of walkin' football or fat lads kickin' the ball into wheelie bins...pass half time on...a chance for Wednesday fans to hear what were their favourite moments..instead of 

"Hello"

"Take a ticket out"

"Bye"

Thet Totally stole my f.ookin' idea off here last week.With alexandresson!!...absolute bloody plagiarism!!!!

You know you are reading this you soddin' thought thieves!!!!

On 23/04/2018 at 00:36, ReginaldD said:

Maybe with our dutch connections these days we might get Gerald Sibon to do the draw next season. 

If we were to put a highlights reel on the screen in his time with us some younger fans would be left wondering why he didn't go on to win the Ballon d'or

Some good memories for me in my early years of having a season ticket 

Sadly I cannot supply footage of my early years of having a season ticket ...

John Logie Baird had yet to sprout pubes nevermind provided to world with Television pictures ....lol

• Haha 2