Half time cringe! Respect the 'legends'

2 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Remember the Radio Hallam giant ball? That was pretty funny for a while in the mid 1980s. Around that time I also remember them setting up small nets on each side of the pitch and having kids representing each of the two teams there that day play a game.

But the best ever will still be the Royal Marines showing us all how to disarm, maim and kill people. I saw that at both the Ricoh Arena and Hillsborough.

It's a good thing to double up on.

We live in uncertain times.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

I think the current DJ is good but when it comes to announcing the legend he usually does it in quite a subdued manner, meaning the crowd often miss who it is. Maybe start by recalling some of their achievements before then shouting the name out? 

AND!! .....................The Legend this afternoon is...Kim..OLSEN!!!!

Who...errrr

is STILL ...Kim...OLSEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Heeleyowl said:

I know the stands are usually about half empty in the half time periods but some of the recent applause for the half time draw, given to some of the 'Wednesday legends' has been desultory if not pathetic.   I appreciate that some of the older players might be a complete mystery to some fans, so why not spend a little bit more time with the welcome rather than just 'here's our old friend ..........'  This was most painfully brought home at the last home game.  I felt really sorry for Brian Hornsby.  Okay he's no TC (Terry Curran for those born after 1979) but he played in the Boxing Day massacre FFS and offered a little bit of flair in what were very dark days for our club.  Perhaps a little research and a bit more effort in the (otherwise pretty good) announcers welcome would not go amiss.  Give the fans a little bit of background - career dates/appearances/goals/notable games played etc.   To some of us they were very important at one time so lets make the welcome a bit warmer and a whole lot more genuine.  Rant over - back to my warmed up soup!  and I hope its not Fred Spikesly on Saturday.

What a great point this is . What an obvious but superb addition that would be - club should see this suggestion. 

Great to remind us of the history and the special players we have enjoyed over the years 

Kim Olsen..played over 11 games for Sheffield Wednesday....!!

"Kim..give us your memories"

"Ahh thank you..I remember one particular game when I ....

"Did you score Kim...30 yarder was it....???!!"

"Well..as I was saying..I remember I made a run...towards the Kop.....

"Leathered it Kim did ya?...In front of the Alp..of heaving humanity thingy???.."Top corner???"

"As i say....I was running towards the eastbank, the ball at my feet......

"Mesmeric dribble Kimmo...eh?"

".err. And I got a throw in ..off the thigh of a right back who went on to play for Coventry"

"Wow....that was KIm............................... OLSEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

• Haha 5

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Wednesday Family ....

This afternoon put your hands together for Ola..TIDMANNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!......see what I did there Ola...wiv the "Hands together thingy....?..Never quite got the 'ang of that did yer?"

"Ola...come back Ola..it was a f.ookin' joke!!!...Ola !!!..............FFS!!!"

Edited by asteener1867
  • Haha 9

2 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

Not being funny but they are pulling raffle tickets, not being unveiled as the new manager!

It's subjective. Whatever he does at halftime is irrelevant, he was an integral part of a team that gave a lot of us a lot of pleasure, and he'd walk into this team.

Cut the club some slack for trying  to inject a bit of fun into half time. 

Let's face it, we need something to take our mind off the cuttent fayre.

Good Afternoon..

Today we have a DOUBLE to pick the numbers out.....!!!!!

"Welcome Chrissie Waddle...AND..West Ham defender ..David  BURROWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Good afternoon Chris...Wheres David....?......David!!!..Come out David...its only a laugh....

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, DJMortimer said:

Remember the Radio Hallam giant ball? That was pretty funny for a while in the mid 1980s. Around that time I also remember them setting up small nets on each side of the pitch and having kids representing each of the two teams there that day play a game.

But the best ever will still be the Royal Marines showing us all how to disarm, maim and kill people. I saw that at both the Ricoh Arena and Hillsborough.

Wasn't that before the Steel city derby or summat?..."Heres some tips for Hillsborough corner at 5ish" lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DJMortimer said:

Weren't we playing the piggy jacks that day? I'm sure I can remember thinking to myself 'Only Wednesday could have a full on demo on how to kick the f@ck out of someone on Derby day'

• Haha 3

I guess theres a lot like me as soon as the ref blows for half time i'm down the steps to the concourse and don't come back until I hear the music that heralds the team back on ...shame really as the old players deserve a good welcome .