Danny Batth

Loan move would be a good deal, particularly if we are shelling out £2m+ on Venancio to make his loan permanent. If we are maintaining 3 CB's next season, don't think we are in bad shape* as we are with Lees, Venancio, Van Aken, Thornily with a couple of youngsters able to fill in and Hutchinson could drop back in if needed. 

Think there is room for one more, either Pudil on a year extension or the likes of Batth on loan. 

*based on the fact we aren't going to be a promotion challenging team due to FFP restrictions and will have to modify our expectations after this year

Look at Marshall stats since joining Millwall on loan for a position we are crying out for service the right wing.

13 matches, 3 goals, 5 assists and Millwall have not lost a game since he signed, they sit 6th in the table we sit 16th with the service of Boyd, Wallace - but we don't touch him because he was once on loan.

Maybe that mean Carson, Barkley, Wickham are not good enough and if they came available for a good price we should avoid them as we had them on loan which means they must be crap.

Strong, physical and aggressive. Good leadership and organisational skills. OK so as people have alluded to he isnt the quickest, but neither was loovens, or Dawson at Hull. Remember back to our cb partnership of shirtliff & Pearson?? As long as you can get two reasonably quick fullbacks either side of them it's fine, so for me if the price is right or we can get a loan it's a good peice of business if we could get him in alongside Lees,, could become our new Pearson & shirtliff??. 

I would be happy with Batth at Hillsborough, but he has been at Wolves a while and so I guess his family is settled around there. The choice of Championship clubs he could go to that is commutable from Wolverhampton.

Aston Villa, Birmingham City, WBA, Stoke City,

A bit further away

Bristol City, Derby County, Nottingham Forest

I'm saying his agent has potentially a lot of more local options near by who would probably be able to pay him good wages. If he fancies moving from Wolverhampton (why not) then maybe he will come. But my money would be on him moving to Birmingham if they stop up.

56 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Look at Marshall stats since joining Millwall on loan for a position we are crying out for service the right wing.

13 matches, 3 goals, 5 assists and Millwall have not lost a game since he signed, they sit 6th in the table we sit 16th with the service of Boyd, Wallace - but we don't touch him because he was once on loan.

Maybe that mean Carson, Barkley, Wickham are not good enough and if they came available for a good price we should avoid them as we had them on loan which means they must be crap.

exactly why do we keep going back for old players...especially ones like Marshall who as had an hand in a goal every game!! 

Some me fans need to get a grip on things don’t they mate...does it matter if they’ve played for us before or not? If they  are good enough and doing the business then I’m all up for it. Batth and Marshall would improve this current squad. 

2 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Not featured in the Wolves side for some time and is likely to be moved on following Promotion 

Want to look at over the summer to bring back to S6? 

Don't need him

1 hour ago, steveger said:

Why do we as fans have to keep returning to these players from our past ?

We need to move forward and be looking for much better now...

Quite simple.  Most fans don't know that much about football and don't follow it that widely.  Therefore they haven't heard of that many players.  So if they want to start a transfer thread they haven't got a huge pool to choose from.  Like I said, quite simple.