Danny Batth

If somebody tried to get rid of me when I had a chance of playing for the team I’d supported all my life in the Prem (even if was just one game) I’d dig my heels in. 

Unless he’s made to feel very unwanted and train with him the reserves or gets a very silly offer he can’t turn down I can’t see him moving.

43 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Not featured in the Wolves side for some time and is likely to be moved on following Promotion 

Want to look at over the summer to bring back to S6? 

Now we have got Rhodes I am readying myself for Batth and Judge threads every single window.  Happy days.

Edited by One De Bilde
Spelling

27 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

100% yes...he’s not the quickest but he offers everything else that we need imo 

There's a reason why he hasn't featured that much for Wolves this year.

1 minute ago, CLswfc said:

Because theyve thrown daft money at other players who of course would get in ahead of him? 

We're not in a position to throw daft money this window I'm afraid. 

3 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

If somebody tried to get rid of me when I had a chance of playing for the team I’d supported all my life in the Prem (even if was just one game) I’d dig my heels in. 

Unless he’s made to feel very unwanted and train with him the reserves or gets a very silly offer he can’t turn down I can’t see him moving.

I seem to remember a player we picked up at center back a few years ago called Tom lees in a very similar situation and i don't think he ended up doing too bad for us.

If Batth has half the impact then he would be a very good signing for us and al ot cheaper than the £3m+ they are quoting Venancio to be costing if we sign him.

2 minutes ago, One De Bilde said:

Now we have got Rhodes I am readying myself for Batth and Judge threads every single window.  Happy days.

Don't forget Ben 10.:duntmatter:

3 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

I seem to remember a player we picked up a few years ago being similar treated by him team that he had played for all of his career in Tom Lees and he seems to have done ok since signing.

Managers have their favourite and you only have to look at the wolves team if you are not Portuguese then you don't seem to play much.

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I seem to remember a player we picked up at center back a few years ago called Tom lees in a very similar situation and i don't think he ended up doing too bad for us.

If Batth has half the impact then he would be a very good signing for us and al ot cheaper than the £3m+ they are quoting Venancio to be costing if we sign him.

I wasn’t questioning whether he would be any good or not. I was simply putting myself in the shoes of someone with a chance of playing for ‘their’ team in the  Prem - not something that presents itself to all! 

Edited by GMOwl72

Next season we need to cut our cloth accordingly if we had not spent £4m on van Aken and picked up Batth for £1m or wasted £8m on Rhodes and instead signed Bobby Reid for £500k, not wasted £4m on Abdi and instead sign Pelupessy for £500k.

If we had been some what smarter in our transfer dealing we might not have posted a £20m loss for last season. We need to look at getting good championship standard players in who know the league and Batth is on of those types of players and will not cost the world.

People slag of Ben 10 but he performs at every team he has played for since being loaned to us, he scored such cracking goals but gives good service to the strikers you only have to look a Rhodes and who provider the ammunition for his goals at Blackburn and it was Ben 10. A choice between Boyd/Wallace or Ben 10 I know which player i would want in my team.

6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I seem to remember a player we picked up a few years ago being similar treated by him team that he had played for all of his career in Tom Lees and he seems to have done ok since signing.

Managers have their favourite and you only have to look at the wolves team if you are not Portuguese then you don't seem to play much.

I don't think you can compare the two. Batth wasn't playing because I don't think he was good enough. We had another player on loan and when we signed him looked what happened. McGuigan. How can anyone assess a player who hasn't played all season. He did well with Wednesday but that was along time ago. We have young Thornley coming through the ranks. I would rather invest in the likes of those players rather than on one who at present is an unknown quantity.

6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Next season we need to cut our cloth accordingly if we had not spent £4m on van Aken and picked up Batth for £1m or wasted £8m on Rhodes and instead signed Bobby Reid for £500k, not wasted £4m on Abdi and instead sign Pelupessy for £500k.

If we had been some what smarter in our transfer dealing we might not have posted a £20m loss for last season. We need to look at getting good championship standard players in who know the league and Batth is on of those types of players and will not cost the world.

People slag of Ben 10 but he performs at every team he has played for since being loaned to us, he scored such cracking goals but gives good service to the strikers you only have to look a Rhodes and who provider the ammunition for his goals at Blackburn and it was Ben 10. A choice between Boyd/Wallace or Ben 10 I know which player i would want in my team.

Do you not think there was a reason why the likes of Batth, Ben 10 Wickham etc etc didn't sign for Wednesday on a permanent deal. How do you know how much Batth is earning, or how much Wolves would want for him. All speculation. It sounds as though you have made your mind up on Batth which is fine.

3 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

I don't think you can compare the two. Batth wasn't playing because I don't think he was good enough. We had another player on loan and when we signed him looked what happened. McGuigan. How can anyone assess a player who hasn't played all season. He did well with Wednesday but that was along time ago. We have young Thornley coming through the ranks. I would rather invest in the likes of those players rather than on one who at present is an unknown quantity.

As i said in a previous post we black list players because we had them on loan.

If we had a choice get Batth in or resign Loovens and Pudil both injury prone has beens on a combined salary of close to £30,000 a week, or we get in a player over 260 games and at least half of them are at championship level 130 championship games for wolves in the last 4 season. 

Look at what has happened to Millwall since they signed Marshall in January we won't touch him because he was on loan 10 years ago but at Blackburn he provided the service for Rhodes to score goals and become a £10 million player.