Basement Bargains?

14 hours ago, beloved_aunt said:

I don't think we need to sign any strikers this summer as we've got loads of them.  Probably same goes for centre mids if Lee starts the season fit.

So my priorities would be wing backs, particularly left sided, and centre halves if we're gonna stick with 3-5-2.

With this in mind I'd suggest looking at:

LWBs

Loans: Luke Garbutt, Matt Targett, Brendan Galloway

Buy: Joe Bryan, Brian Oviedo, Josh Tyman

CBs

Loans: Kyle Bartley,

Buy: Jan Kirchoff, Harlee Dean, Charlie Mulgrew

I'd add a right back to that list, Palmer has to go! We need someone mire consistent than Jack Hunt as well. Yiadom would be a great signing but I'd imagine we'll have a fight on our hands after he let his contract run down. 

Edited by Maltby owl83

Would still like to see us gamble on Jack Byrne. Few years ago he was touted as on of the most talented midfielders in Europe. Somehow he ended up at Oldham... Could prove as a shrewed deal if we would be able to sign him on cheap, and help him realise his early potential.

Is there a consolidated list of players out of contract this summer. Unsure of accuracy but so far I’ve seen: 

Fabio - Boro

Yiadom - Barnsley 

Bjeliend - Brentford 

All would instantly improve our match day squad. There must be dozens of good players at this level available and you’d like to think we’d have a good shot at tempting many. 

Oztumer, Walsall midfielder picked in League PFA team of the year despite playing for a struggling club. Scored 13 goals in 32 appearances in L1. 

Only setback he's 5'3" . His contract is up and he's already said he's leaving as he wants to play at a higher level. Very popular with supporters who seem to fully have expected him to leave at the end of the season. He's 26, so a good age and wages ought not be a problem plus he'll cost nothing. Is he worth pursuing?

Edited by Beauchief Owl

On 4/17/2018 at 08:05, Bluesteel said:

Yiadom, Ameobi, Jota, Adams would be worth an enquiry if we did go down. The Birmingham players wouldn’t be cheap though 

Birmingham reportedly turned down £10m from Fulham for Adams in August. Freebies and loans for us this summer is my prediction unless we're under an embargo.

Edited by Geoffrey

23 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

Birmingham reportedly turned down £10m from Fulham for Adams in August. Freebies and loans for us this summer is my prediction unless we're under an embargo.

Is there a deadline to announce any penalties for P&S breaches? I know they said they would like to announce before the end of the current season.  It wouldn't be fair to a team and against the spirit of P&S to have a club suddenly have their plans change overnight.  Clubs should be allowed to plan accordingly.

Ball park Geoffrey...how close are we to being in breach over the last two seasons and a projection going forward?

Guest wilyfox

Yiadom and Meyler are two freebies I'd look to sign.

Scott Malone would be my first choice for LWB.

Marriott is the striker I'd want. Adam Armstrong as alternative.

As for loans, Adarabioyo, Celina, and Brandon Barker (really rate his talent) at Man City.

13 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Yiadom and Meyler are two freebies I'd look to sign.

Scott Malone would be my first choice for LWB.

Marriott is the striker I'd want. Adam Armstrong as alternative.

As for loans, Adarabioyo, Celina, and Brandon Barker (really rate his talent) at Man City.

Whoever gets Adarabioya on loan will be lucky, think that kid would boss the championship 

On ‎18‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 15:37, Philb125 said:

Is there a consolidated list of players out of contract this summer. Unsure of accuracy but so far I’ve seen: 

Fabio - Boro

Yiadom - Barnsley 

Bjeliend - Brentford 

All would instantly improve our match day squad. There must be dozens of good players at this level available and you’d like to think we’d have a good shot at tempting many. 

I was about to correct you and say that Snodgrass plays for Villa not Brentford but then realised you were talking about someone else.

• Haha 1