Basement Bargains?

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

And rightly so. 

Beard. Sleeves. Man bun. Boots that look like they'd take you home to Kansas if you clicked the heels 3 times. 

Agreed but adolf jos would soon sort that out - and once he did he could concentrate on his football and he’s quite good at that part

5 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Agreed but adolf jos would soon sort that out - and once he did he could concentrate on his football and he’s quite good at that part

If that's the case I'd be more than willing to lend Jos a helping hand in sorting the lad out. 

Free-tattoo-removal.jpg

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, yeadonowl said:

no chance with Maddison they want at least 8m for him

Games gone mental if true. On that note though, Peterborough United's transfer policy over the years has been exemplary, although you could argue what good has it done them, but the players they've found from the lower leagues have been superb. If they can do it on a regular basis then why other teams don't replicate their example is beyond me??

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

Yiadom, Ameobi, Jota, Adams would be worth an enquiry if we did go down. The Birmingham players wouldn’t be cheap though 

Che Adams? Would be interesting how the fans would react to that, but in fairness he has pace, power and I could see him in that line of three behind a central striker in a 4-2-3-1.  The player I'd like to see us go for is Swift at Reading.  We would be regaining that much needed asset of a box to box midfielder. 

2 hours ago, Maltby owl83 said:

Games gone mental if true. On that note though, Peterborough United's transfer policy over the years has been exemplary, although you could argue what good has it done them, but the players they've found from the lower leagues have been superb. If they can do it on a regular basis then why other teams don't replicate their example is beyond me??

I used to wonder whether they got the benefits of Man Utd’s scouting system when Darren Ferguson was at Peterborough and his dad was at Manure?

2 hours ago, Maltby owl83 said:

Their chairman is very vocal on social media and likes answering questions from fans of all clubs. He’s said on many occasions he turned down circa 5m for each of Maddison and Marriott. Seems to think that the prices will be up there with Gayle and Asombalonga fees

• Thanks 1

I don't think we need to sign any strikers this summer as we've got loads of them.  Probably same goes for centre mids if Lee starts the season fit.

So my priorities would be wing backs, particularly left sided, and centre halves if we're gonna stick with 3-5-2.

With this in mind I'd suggest looking at:

LWBs

Loans: Luke Garbutt, Matt Targett, Brendan Galloway

Buy: Joe Bryan, Brian Oviedo, Josh Tyman

CBs

Loans: Kyle Bartley,

Buy: Jan Kirchoff, Harlee Dean, Charlie Mulgrew

Marshall has done very well at Millwall to be fair, never particularly seen the hype in him myself

we should have signed Charlie Mulgrew last summer, and I’d still like to see him come this summer but expect he will stay at Blackburn 

9 hours ago, spike1867 said:

Che Adams? Would be interesting how the fans would react to that, but in fairness he has pace, power and I could see him in that line of three behind a central striker in a 4-2-3-1.  The player I'd like to see us go for is Swift at Reading.  We would be regaining that much needed asset of a box to box midfielder. 

He gets goals, but a reading fan I know said he’s one of their laziest players. I haven’t seen enough of him to say whether that’s true though 

Yiadom is the best shout I've seen so far. I would like to see full backs at the club who can defend primarily and offer support when needed.

I would imagine a lot of our activity will be dependant on who leaves in the Summer. Jos could well want a big shake-up.