Basement Bargains?

Its good to see reality dawning in our minds re transfer targets and fees. That's where we are in footballing terms just now, as much as we may not like it. We can still be relatively successful and hopefully achieve above expectation levels. I just wish Mr C would come out and openly say it, instead of hinting at it. We would all be the happier for it.

3 hours ago, Rogers said:

We should buy Dutch, Swedes, Norwegians, and Germans,  forget paying over the odds for bang average UK players. 

We we just need to build a team of athletic players that do a job. Like a club version of Iceland 

OK Mr. Hitler

Jota... brum if they go down. McNair is a good shout.

John Swift is a good player too.

Landsbury hasn’t played much for Villa and would play the DM role we’ve been crying out for, would much prefer Pearson at Preston but he’s not gonna be affordable.

Could Marshall play wing back ?? If so it’s a yes from me as Palmers replacement... the left is more essential tho, Joe Bennet would have been brilliant if Villa didn’t muck that up for us. 

Byrne at Wigan is key to there game and would cost a lot. 

6 hours ago, GMOwl72 said:

German efficiency is what we want with a touch of Dutch total football thrown in for good measure.

If Jos is here come June then I’m hoping he has some astute signings lined up and that we get them sorted before July..........you can live in hope!

Knowing our luck and transfer dealings these last few seasons well end up with the new Wim Jonk lol