First visit to the KFC yday

Got to say it was a pleasurable expierience..big session in Beverley..laid back stewards and plod..and the 'bantz' with the home fans :luhukay:..not to mention the cheapest pint I've had in a ground this season at £3.90....don't understand why there's different prices tho :picnic:..seems a bit odd

14 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

Got to say it was a pleasurable expierience..big session in Beverley..laid back stewards and plod..and the 'bantz' with the home fans :luhukay:..not to mention the cheapest pint I've had in a ground this season at £3.90....don't understand why there's different prices tho :picnic:..seems a bit odd

What did you think to Beverley? It’s become my home over the last 20years and absolutely love the place.

2 minutes ago, East Yorks Owl said:

What did you think to Beverley? It’s become my home over the last 20years and absolutely love the place.

If you’ve been what’s it like at the races? Like to go racing and Beverley is one track I haven’t been to. Good place for a few beers before and after?

How times change when I went there when we needed a win to get into the top six in league one i found the police , stewards and home fans complete ar53holes . Had groups of hull fans waiting for groups of wednesday fans smaller than theirs . Their fans giving us cut throat signs in the ground . Got lost on the way back to the hired mini bus . Obviously looking lost plod stops and their opening gambit was , what are your lot doing around here , train station is over there . When we said we were looking for our minibus plod proceeded to tell us . Well it's not around here so p155 off to the train station as I don't want to have to phone your family when you've been put in hospital . Maybe just me but I thought it was a dump full of Neanderthals . :ghoulguy:

1 minute ago, cross owl said:

How times change when I went there when we needed a win to get into the top six in league one i found the police , stewards and home fans complete ar53holes . Had groups of hull fans waiting for groups of wednesday fans smaller than theirs . Their fans giving us cut throat signs in the ground . Got lost on the way back to the hired mini bus . Obviously looking lost plod stops and their opening gambit was , what are your lot doing around here , train station is over there . When we said we were looking for our minibus plod proceeded to tell us . Well it's not around here so p155 off to the train station as I don't want to have to phone your family when you've been put in hospital . Maybe just me but I thought it was a dump full of Neanderthals . :ghoulguy:

Yes I was at that game and felt the intimidation more there than at most grounds .

7 minutes ago, East Yorks Owl said:

Plenty er boozers to go at but it's not my cup er tea tbh...really busy..loads er oldish couples just walkin about for no reason..I don't think I so anybody under 50 in 3 hours..suppose when you get to a certain age going to walk about in Beverley is what you do..I hate markets n all :picnic:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

If you’ve been what’s it like at the races? Like to go racing and Beverley is one track I haven’t been to. Good place for a few beers before and after?

If you like a few beers at the racing, Beverley races should be a winner.  You can also walk into the town from the course so the town centre gets very busy of an evening on race days.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, cross owl said:

I've been to boothferry park loads er times and one of the least scariest places I've ever been..did kick off all over the place tho on a pre season friendly about 30 years ago..reyt sunny day it wer..we had it off all over the city centre..maybe 25 years ago not too sure

Edited by Lichfield alien

7 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

Quite a small grandstand and a very undulating track steep uphill finish ,usually low numbers best in sprints.Its a fair way out of the town if your walking ,plenty of car parking on the Westwood and about couple of 100 yards from entrance.Hope this helps a bit.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Yes I was at that game and felt the intimidation more there than at most grounds .

If I remember rightly it came over the tannoy that we would be let out and the home fans let out five minutes later . By the time we had got out the hull fans had already been let out and as we had won weren't in any mood for being anything other than tw@s even though they were promoted anyway . Horrible place with the people to match :picnic:

13 minutes ago, cross owl said:

If I remember rightly it came over the tannoy that we would be let out and the home fans let out five minutes later . By the time we had got out the hull fans had already been let out and as we had won weren't in any mood for being anything other than tw@s even though they were promoted anyway . Horrible place with the people to match :picnic:

Wasn’t it all fenced off outside the stadium ?. I was happy when I got back to the car with my son that’s for sure !!!