I’d be happy enough to do it with loans, half a dozen good young loanees would do wonders for our chances of promotion 

It fits in with what we need, talented youngsters who bring energy and pace to the group In our position, we could get a lot more quality on loan, than we could for the money we could afford to pay in fees

Edited by gurujuan

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I’d be happy enough to do it with loans, half a dozen good young loanees would do wonders for our chances of promotion 

It fits in with what we need, talented youngsters who bring energy and pace to the group In our position, we could get a lot more quality on loan, than we could for the money we could afford to pay in fees

because we don't know the level of up against the ffp wall we are, we don't know if we could actually afford to pay the loan players.

13 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

With the amount of parachute money in this division next season I reckon the prices of players will become exhorbitant. As if they aren't already lol . I can also see a few chairman taking note of Wolves this season and saying feck to FFP. If they do take that attitude then we might just be able to move on a couple of our big wage earners. IF we can do that then the wages for loanees wouldn't be too much of a problem.

UTO

4 hours ago, dnhc said:

If to fund any new signings (including nuhiu, if needed) to suit jos' needs for next season, we need to SELL, who that we REALISTICALLY can raise money on would you be willing to let go? don't come with answers like fletcher as on his salary weighed against returns he ain't going anywhere.

You would realistically be looking at Reach , Bannan  and Fessi 

3 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

We have a good few proven Championship players who other clubs would pay both pay the fee and wages for.

People need to get their heads out of the clouds and look at the world we are trying to compete in.  There will be more money in this league than ever next season and more clubs who are used to paying and gambling a lot more for a place in the league above.

The problem is, if the wages we are believed to be paying are true, that not many are worthy. Moving high earners on isn't easy if they aren't playing well. I'm not doubting we have some good players but injuries and lack of form don't make them attractive to potential buyers.

3 minutes ago, archieswfc said:

The problem is, if the wages we are believed to be paying are true, that not many are worthy. Moving high earners on isn't easy if they aren't playing well. I'm not doubting we have some good players but injuries and lack of form don't make them attractive to potential buyers.

let's hope a proper pre season and some tactics can help us resurrect the form of ALL of our players, those not willing to subscribe to that medicine should be shown the door.

give 100%, or **** off.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

Yeah.... absolutely.

I know I'm being fanciful...but why else would he do that?

I can't rationalise it beyond 2 reasons.

1. He genuinely wanted to have a look at him in that position.

2. End of season bet.

WTF!?

NB...was amazed at the Matias turn of speed and the hunger to chase down... I'd like to see some more of that!

3. Rhodes couldn't carry on and we didn't have another attacker on the bench,  so he stuck the biggest bloke we'd got up front to occupy their defence and try and make the ball stick up there. 

9 minutes ago, alanharper said:

3. Rhodes couldn't carry on and we didn't have another attacker on the bench,  so he stuck the biggest bloke we'd got up front to occupy their defence and try and make the ball stick up there. 

Not helpful when I'm trying to get one of my crackpot postings up and running.

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, archieswfc said:

What if the believed rumours aren't true ?

Edited by casbahowl

On 15/04/2018 at 12:42, dnhc said:

we'd have to take a serious haircut, i imagine even paying some of his salary?

Reprogramming sat nav  as we speak, Steve pack yer bags big man. Glasgow here you come , just think champions league football , well until September anyway

Haven't seen any evidence of Fletch ever being even discussed in relation to a move to Rangers.

He was a target for Celtic prior to coming to us (they went for Dembele in the end). That suggests that Rogers rates him, and with Edouard going back to PSG and Dembele possibly being sold this summer they might come back in for Fletch. If i was them, I wouldn't, they're doing better with the 'buy young and resell' model, and Fletch doesn't fit that.

As for the rest, onyl 3 are likely to get decent money in..

Winnall is very saleable and wont be missed as we're overstocked up top already.

Westwood could go. He is our best keeper, but the gap isn't massive and Dawson and Wildsmith will improve with game time.

I think there's a decent chance Carlos comes in for Hooper. If we got a 10m offer I'd snap his hand off.

Then looking to move on a few more for fairly small fees..

Jones

Boyd

Abdi

Hutch

Palmer

Fox

6 hours ago, dnhc said:

i know we got him on a free, but has salary is £40kpw, are rangers going cough that up?, can they actually afford it?

I think he might have to take a pay cut but if the move is what he wants then he will take it. It will probably be his last club st any decent level 

Ok realisticly answeing the question Westwood would be the obvious choice... no need for a replacement and we could get a fee albeit not massive. 

Others that we could get money for would be... Lees Bannan Forestieri Joao Hooper Reach. However there the players we need to keep hold of. But everyone has there price. As we put a massive price on FF last year I can’t imagine with his injury anyone would pay what we’d want for him. Lees stock isn’t as high as what it was a couple of years ago so again can’t see his price being met. Joao only has a year left so we can’t demand a big fee and Hooper is injury prone so again it’s weather we’d get the money we want, the only interesting one is Bannan... I could see someone paying for him, even a stupid amount that we could ask for but we’re not exactly flush in backup as this year has shown so would it be worth it ?

Other more viable options are Rhodes and Winnall and yes we would make a loss on Rhodes but it would claw us money back 

2 hours ago, cookeh said:

Haven't seen any evidence of Fletch ever being even discussed in relation to a move to Rangers.

He was a target for Celtic prior to coming to us (they went for Dembele in the end). That suggests that Rogers rates him, and with Edouard going back to PSG and Dembele possibly being sold this summer they might come back in for Fletch. If i was them, I wouldn't, they're doing better with the 'buy young and resell' model, and Fletch doesn't fit that.

As for the rest, onyl 3 are likely to get decent money in..

Winnall is very saleable and wont be missed as we're overstocked up top already.

Westwood could go. He is our best keeper, but the gap isn't massive and Dawson and Wildsmith will improve with game time.

I think there's a decent chance Carlos comes in for Hooper. If we got a 10m offer I'd snap his hand off.

Then looking to move on a few more for fairly small fees..

Jones

Boyd

Abdi

Hutch

Palmer

Fox

Agree with much of this, if let the names mentioned go just to get them off the books bar Hutchinson I think he’s too good and important. Keep at all costs