12 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I wonder...did he try Nielson up front because he's looking to see if he's got a Nuhiu type under his nose...no tach jokes please.

WTF!?

Would have been lovely if that little half chance at the end had bobbled in for him.

4 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Would have been lovely if that little half chance at the end had bobbled in for him.

Yeah.... absolutely.

I know I'm being fanciful...but why else would he do that?

I can't rationalise it beyond 2 reasons.

1. He genuinely wanted to have a look at him in that position.

2. End of season bet.

WTF!?

NB...was amazed at the Matias turn of speed and the hunger to chase down... I'd like to see some more of that!

Edited by Costello 77

32 minutes ago, archieswfc said:

I'm struggling to think who would genuinely demand a fee who is not earning top dollar.

We have a good few proven Championship players who other clubs would pay both pay the fee and wages for.

People need to get their heads out of the clouds and look at the world we are trying to compete in.  There will be more money in this league than ever next season and more clubs who are used to paying and gambling a lot more for a place in the league above.

11 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Not aware of that pal but the Fletcher to Rangers deal was 100% agreed by all involved!

I wasn't aware of the Fletcher deal but both deals make it pretty clear that we will sell to both freshen things up and tighten things financially which I think is fair enough and an obvious requirement now the 3 year plan hasn't worked.

12 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Not aware of that pal but the Fletcher to Rangers deal was 100% agreed by all involved!

Never heard that one.

Not saying you're right or wrong but don't recollect seeing anything in the press or on here about it.

2 hours ago, Bexy1977 said:

It’s difficult really. There are some we’d probably like to move on (i.e. Jones, Fox) and there are those who maybe should move (i.e. Abdi, Matias) but it’s who’s gonna take them unless we set realistic to low fees.

i think we’ve got to look at who we can cope without and we might get a fee for, although most of these we’d want to keep.

Westwood

Palmer

Joao

Hutch

+ sure Winnall will go.

we have to raise funds and cut squad.

id like to see us sell in an ideal situation to free up money and squad space.

Fox

one of Hunt or Palmer

Jones

Abdi

Matias

Boyd

Fletcher

Winnall

and Butterfield will go back to Derby, and Venancio to where ever hear from (though I’d keep him at the right price)

shame for some, but think with FFP we have to ruthless.

only other player is Rhodes. I’d like him to stay and be a main man, but I can see a sale at a reasonable offer.

we need enough money and space for a dominant CB a really ball winner in CM and some pace

if we play 3 4 1 2 next season that could be enough.

looking at the thing as a whole, i wonder will we see little movement in the closed season window (unless someone wants to bury us in money for a player)?,

thus allowing jos to see the whole squad's capabilities when fit, and how they'd mesh together?.

IF either rhodes or hooper start knocking them in for fun, then obviously up will go their market value, if ff is ripping the division a 'new un' then likewise, as would be bannan, but would we then want to keep them all?.

as for nuhiu, he is (is it fair to say?) the only c/f we have other than fletcher? and how much will it cost to secure him?

how many deals can jos do to bring in someone we've not heard of before, rather than secure atty for the same sort of money?.