Almain Abdi

3 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

And loads of goals too. But that is not the point, we are talking about people throwing away Wednesday opportunity are we not ?

I thought biggest flop is the player who came and did nothing at all to suggest they were worth the outlay. 

58 goals in 80 games can't be considered a flop really can it?

The later scandal obviously cost us. (Though not as much as him)

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

I thought biggest flop is the player who came and did nothing at all to suggest they were worth the outlay. 

I'm sorry that you are looking at the topic from only one angle. 

He had the opportunity to have a very long successful career at Hillsborough, with England and to realise his full potential in footballing terms. That constitutes a flop in my book, albeit, not in the narrower sense.

29 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Consecutive 90min shifts for Wednesday? I do actually think it's literally zero.

28 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Think you are right actually , quite horrendous isn’t it 

I know it's hard to believe, but it's actually....2! 

At the end of '16/'17, he played 90 minutes against Norwich & Villa.  But then he's outdone himself this season, by not even being in the squad for 31 games, not being used for 7 and playing only 4 games....but never for longer than an hour.   

So, in 88 (league) games, he's played in 20.  900 minutes exactly, I worked out. 900 minutes out of a possible 7920.  11%!  

:carlosswfc:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Suzuki_San said:

At the end of '16/'17, he played 90 minutes against Norwich & Villa.  But then he's outdone himself this season, by not even being in the squad for 31 games, not being used for 7 and playing only 4 games....but never for longer than an hour.   

So, in 88 (league) games, he's played in 20.  900 minutes exactly, I worked out. 900 minutes out of a possible 7920.  11%!  

NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
13 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'm with you on this. Wasted his future with us but not a flop in his time as a player for us; quite the contrary IMO.

9 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

Matias beats him hands down.

He gas played 200 minutes in the same 88 games..... 2%.

Makes Abdi look like an ever-present. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, dnhc said:

can someone clear this up for me please, in years gone by when vic mobley was sold to qpr, we had to return the money as he wasn't fit for purpose as a professional footballer?

Dont know m8 I'm old but who is mobley?  Is he a poor Jan molby?  Or his he related to immobile?