Almain Abdi

10 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Works about about £200k a game so far. Not including wages. 

It's been a disastrous move really.  

Shame for the us. Shame for the lad. 

Mind. Even when fit I'm not sure where he was supposedly going to fit into Carlos' 4-4-2.   All a bit of a random signing really.  

Shame he's had another set back as ironically I think he'd be well suited being the most advanced midfield player in Jos' 5-3-2.

9 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

No abdi is the worst upto 35k a wk wages double what matias on . Signings like this are killing us. Whatever bad signing we had in past wont be on anywhere near the wages he is reported to be on. 

can someone clear this up for me please, in years gone by when vic mobley was sold to qpr, we had to return the money as he wasn't fit for purpose as a professional footballer?

7 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

He should have been a great signing,  because according to thus site. ..he has no weaknesses to his game! :laugh::ph34r:

2018-04-14 12.03.36.png

'LIKES TO DO LAYOFFS' it's written there for you all to see. no argument there then, he's had a number of significant 'layoffs' since his arrival.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Halifax Owls said:

Another player over the age of thirty who has a pea sized heart and would be better suited to running a coffee shop in the Dales.

I'm embarrassed on his behalf.

I can't agree with your assessment...but I share your bitter disappointment.

WTF!?

10 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

I’m not saying all these quotes regards players wages are wrong but where is they coming from ? Is it guessing or is it common knowledge 

The usual formula (not an exact science but we know from previously released details is a decent rule of thumb) is that whatever the fee is, project that again over the life of the contract.

So a £1m player could expect £1m over four years, or £250,000 a year, or £5,000 a week. Give or take.

£4m player like Abdi would expect £4m over four years, or £1m a year, or £20,000 a week. Give or take.

• Thanks 1

Abdi has been an abject failure over his time at Hillsborough, for whatever reason.

But IMO there is actually a challenger. For a very different reason.

We signed David Layne from Bradford for about £20K in the early 1960's. He was a hustle bustle hard centre forward with a rocket shot in either foot. He scored plenty of goals for us in the couple of years he was with us and had put himself in contention for an England place. His worth had multiplied by at least X5. So not a failure in playing terms. But as a professional sportsman, as a Wednesday ambassador and as a person he let us all down in the worst possible way, by taking a bribe to help lose a game. He and the other two ,Swan and Kay were a disgrace. David Layne became a flop in those terms and never regained any respect on his return to play.

3 minutes ago, Halifax Owls said:

Another player over the age of thirty who has a pea sized heart and would be better suited to running a coffee shop in the Dales.

Now then, it's a man's life running a tea shop in the Dales. Those biddies are mental for cake.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

Abdi has been an abject failure over his time at Hillsborough, for whatever reason.

We signed David Layne from Bradford for about £20K in the early 1960's. He was a hustle bustle hard centre forward with a rocket shot in either foot. He scored plenty of goals for us in the couple of years he was with us and had put himself in contention for an England place. His worth had multiplied by at least X5. So not a failure in playing terms. But as a professional sportsman, as a Wednesday ambassador and as a person he let us all down in the worst possible way, by taking a bribe to help lose a game. He and the other two ,Swan and Kay were a disgrace. David Layne became a flop in those terms and never regained any respect on his return to play.

At least they got 80 games out of him!

5 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

I reckon half the squad are going down for obvious match fixing this season lol

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, dnhc said:

can someone clear this up for me please, in years gone by when vic mobley was sold to qpr, we had to return the money as he wasn't fit for purpose as a professional footballer?

I think you are correct. Something like £55K if memory serves. We had to claim on our insurance , but I'm not sure how we did with that claim

4 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

The usual formula (not an exact science but we know from previously released details is a decent rule of thumb) is that whatever the fee is, project that again over the life of the contract.

So a £1m player could expect £1m over four years, or £250,000 a year, or £5,000 a week. Give or take.

£4m player like Abdi would expect £4m over four years, or £1m a year, or £20,000 a week. Give or take.

Oh I see , learn something new everyday on here !! As long as the transfer fee is near enough correct that !!