Jump to content


Recommended Posts



10 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Works about about £200k a game so far. Not including wages. 

It's been a disastrous move really.  

Shame for the us. Shame for the lad. 

 

Mind. Even when fit I'm not sure where he was supposedly going to fit into Carlos' 4-4-2.   All a bit of a random signing really.  

 

Shame he's had another set back as ironically I think he'd be well suited being the most advanced midfield player in Jos' 5-3-2.

 

9 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

No abdi is the worst upto 35k a wk wages double what matias on . Signings like this are killing us. Whatever bad signing we had in past wont be on anywhere near the wages he is reported to be on. 

can someone clear this up for me please, in years gone by when vic mobley was sold to qpr, we had to return the money as he wasn't fit for purpose as a professional footballer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another player over the age of thirty who has a pea sized heart and would be better suited to running a coffee shop in the Dales.

 

I'm embarrassed on his behalf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually believe he would have been a good fit in our midfield , shame really . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

He should have been a great signing,  because according to thus site. ..he has no weaknesses to his game! :laugh::ph34r:

 

2018-04-14 12.03.36.png

'LIKES TO DO LAYOFFS' it's written there for you all to see. no argument there then, he's had a number of significant 'layoffs' since his arrival.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Halifax Owls said:

Another player over the age of thirty who has a pea sized heart and would be better suited to running a coffee shop in the Dales.

 

I'm embarrassed on his behalf.

I can't agree with your assessment...but I share your bitter disappointment.

 

WTF!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

I’m not saying all these quotes regards players wages are wrong but where is they coming from ? Is it guessing or is it common knowledge 

 

The usual formula (not an exact science but we know from previously released details is a decent rule of thumb) is that whatever the fee is, project that again over the life of the contract.

 

So a £1m player could expect £1m over four years, or £250,000 a year, or £5,000 a week. Give or take.

 

£4m player like Abdi would expect £4m over four years, or £1m a year, or £20,000 a week. Give or take.

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Abdi has been an abject failure over his time at Hillsborough, for whatever reason.

 

But IMO there is actually a challenger. For a very different reason.

 

We signed David Layne from Bradford for about £20K in the early 1960's. He was a hustle bustle hard centre forward with a rocket shot in either foot. He scored plenty of goals for us in the couple of years he was with us and had put himself in contention for an England place. His worth had multiplied by at least X5. So not a failure in playing terms. But as a professional sportsman, as a Wednesday ambassador and as a person he let us all down in the worst possible way, by taking a bribe to help lose a game. He and the other two ,Swan and Kay were a disgrace. David Layne became a flop in those terms and never regained any respect on his return to play.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Halifax Owls said:

Another player over the age of thirty who has a pea sized heart and would be better suited to running a coffee shop in the Dales.

 

Now then, it's a man's life running a tea shop in the Dales. Those biddies are mental for cake.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dnhc said:

'LIKES TO DO LAYOFFS' it's written there for you all to see. no argument there then, he's had a number of significant 'layoffs' since his arrival.

More like laid off !! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr. Tom said:

 

Now then, it's a man's life running a tea shop in the Dales. Those biddies are mental for cake.

he could get knocked over and badly injured in a stampede for a lemon drizzle cake. WTF:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr. Tom said:

 

Now then, it's a man's life running a tea shop in the Dales. Those biddies are mental for cake.

Got to watch them using old coins on you too.

 

WTF!?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

Abdi has been an abject failure over his time at Hillsborough, for whatever reason.

 

But IMO there is actually a challenger. For a very different reason.

 

We signed David Layne from Bradford for about £20K in the early 1960's. He was a hustle bustle hard centre forward with a rocket shot in either foot. He scored plenty of goals for us in the couple of years he was with us and had put himself in contention for an England place. His worth had multiplied by at least X5. So not a failure in playing terms. But as a professional sportsman, as a Wednesday ambassador and as a person he let us all down in the worst possible way, by taking a bribe to help lose a game. He and the other two ,Swan and Kay were a disgrace. David Layne became a flop in those terms and never regained any respect on his return to play.

 

At least they got 80 games out of him!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr. Tom said:

 

Now then, it's a man's life running a tea shop in the Dales. Those biddies are mental for cake.

 

Fair point in the middle of a lunchtime rush his shoulder would probably pop out reaching for the millionaire shortcake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dnhc said:

he could get knocked over and badly injured in a stampede for a lemon drizzle cake. WTF:

or 'raked' by a zimmer frame. :duntmatter:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

Abdi has been an abject failure over his time at Hillsborough, for whatever reason.

 

But IMO there is actually a challenger. For a very different reason.

 

We signed David Layne from Bradford for about £20K in the early 1960's. He was a hustle bustle hard centre forward with a rocket shot in either foot. He scored plenty of goals for us in the couple of years he was with us and had put himself in contention for an England place. His worth had multiplied by at least X5. So not a failure in playing terms. But as a professional sportsman, as a Wednesday ambassador and as a person he let us all down in the worst possible way, by taking a bribe to help lose a game. He and the other two ,Swan and Kay were a disgrace. David Layne became a flop in those terms and never regained any respect on his return to play.

 

I reckon half the squad are going down for obvious match fixing this season lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dnhc said:

 

can someone clear this up for me please, in years gone by when vic mobley was sold to qpr, we had to return the money as he wasn't fit for purpose as a professional footballer?

I think you are correct. Something like £55K if memory serves. We had to claim on our insurance , but I'm not sure how we did with that claim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

 

The usual formula (not an exact science but we know from previously released details is a decent rule of thumb) is that whatever the fee is, project that again over the life of the contract.

 

So a £1m player could expect £1m over four years, or £250,000 a year, or £5,000 a week. Give or take.

 

£4m player like Abdi would expect £4m over four years, or £1m a year, or £20,000 a week. Give or take.

 

 

Oh I see , learn something new everyday on here !! As long as the transfer fee is near enough correct that !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×