next seasons captain

11 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Not a sentimental person when it comes to footy, he was OK in his first year but never been a favourite of mine even when he was going through his rich vein of 

form, his latest technique to stop an attacker is to block his path whilst turning away and falling over, refs have called his bluff on a couple of occasions, just shows

you how his mind is working, cant catch a player, bring him down whilst trying to make it  look like a foul against him, not even thinking about the consequences, giving 

away penalties, the bloke is too slow and I would like to see him replaced.

With one of the kids?

• Haha 1

Sam Hutchinson would be first choice but doesn't play enough games to be considered full time.  I'd probably go with Tom Lees.  In reality you need a dressing room full of leaders and not just rely on the captain to see you through.

Guest timrud
6 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Don't think he's a captain Tim?

He needs coaching on the Football side .

He has got to concentrate on his own game , he will be a great player for Wednesday but not Captain material ....

I saw him interviewed and he really struck me as captain material - not what I expected.

8 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

With one of the kids?

I understand exactly our dilemma, but a choice has to be made, we have no money, loan?

Or a kid, he wont be on that bad a wage so a loan deal wouldn't be out of the question, and as for back up yes use one of the kids.

That's of course if he's out of contract.

40 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

They all need to be captains and therein lies the problem. Too many wallflowers.

What a great statement !!

Do you do Theatre work Owlsman ?

Can just image you with a skull in your hand lol

leaving myself wide open here .......

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, timrud said:

I saw him interviewed and he really struck me as captain material - not what I expected.

Oh dont get me wrong mate ,

yes he's a nice lad 

But hes got to be selfish and improve his game ..

There's a golden diamond encrusted  nugget that lies within this player .....

12 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

The one player I've noticed shouting and bawling and bossing people about of late is Daniel Pudil.  

Mind, given his own deal runs out this summer...

Your kidding right? I think any shouting he does is merely to mask his own inadequacies and lack of confidence. The fear in those eyes as he backpeddles. He's the sort of player we need to start shifting going forward.

31 minutes ago, Halifax Owls said:

Your kidding right? I think any shouting he does is merely to mask his own inadequacies and lack of confidence. The fear in those eyes as he backpeddles. He's the sort of player we need to start shifting going forward.

He was really bossing that back four and pulling them into shape in the Preston and I'd put no fault down to him at Loftus road.

I agree about his back peddling. Struggles when people go straight at him. But for my money most centre halves do. The hum tackle/block is annoying though certainly. Mind if he was getting away with it we'd call it canny,  or experienced play! 

Ues, there's a concern when players run directly at him.  Though I've thought the same about Loovens for 2 years.  Pudils use of the ball is far better though. And he looks sharper getting over to the left in those cover runs.  In fact it was on of the highlights of the first half of the season for me when he first played there and I first saw a centre half play a ball of longer than 2 feet and negated the need for one of our midfield players to drop 20 yards pick it up.

Will he get a new deal? 

Not sure. Not sure.  Depends I think on whether Jos actually considers him a centre half or a left back. The fact he can cover both might work in his favour.  

Interesting summer 

37 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

He was really bossing that back four and pulling them into shape in the Preston and I'd put no fault down to him at Loftus road.

I agree about his back peddling. Struggles when people go straight at him. But for my money most centre halves do. The hum tackle/block is annoying though certainly. Mind if he was getting away with it we'd call it canny,  or experienced play! 

Ues, there's a concern when players run directly at him.  Though I've thought the same about Loovens for 2 years.  Pudils use of the ball is far better though. And he looks sharper getting over to the left in those cover runs.  In fact it was on of the highlights of the first half of the season for me when he first played there and I first saw a centre half play a ball of longer than 2 feet and negated the need for one of our midfield players to drop 20 yards pick it up.

Will he get a new deal? 

Not sure. Not sure.  Depends I think on whether Jos actually considers him a centre half or a left back. The fact he can cover both might work in his favour.  

I've said before that I'm using Pudil as a bit of a weathervane here (opportunity for all you photoshoppers). Whether or not he goes or stays will tell ME a lot about Jos as a coach and possibly where we are financially. 

He's filled in OK as a CB (and fair play to him) where he's been protected a little more than in his natural FB position. He is another 30 plus player who knows that his legs have gone and is struggling to keep his head above water at this level. 

I may be doing him a disservice here but because of this he takes the easy option too many times or develops a limp and takes on fluids. Apologies for singling out Daniel as he's not on his own. His retirement plan should be funded elsewhere.

Oh and after walking out of the ground on new years day I would have bitten your hand off if you offered me a 10 point gap at this stage of the season.

• Thanks 1