Was the #SWFC WAWAW Fun Day unappreciated?

The club recently put on the 150th Year WAWAW Fun Day at Hillsborough with the Chairman and staff all involved in trying to put on the best day they possibly could for those who could attend.

Granted that schools outside of Sheffield had gone back, but the Sheffield schools were mostly still on holiday so the attendance was impacted but not by any means disastrous.

The Chairman, CEO and club staff were all on hand to make the day go by as positively as possible, and players were there to sign autographs and meet the kids. 

Even ex players like Coughlan, Reda Johnson etc were in attendance meeting fans

There was matches on the pitch (even the chairman played) and activities all around the ground

But the feedback has been so muted it's been pretty non-existant and I'm confused why that might be. Everyone who went seemed to enjoy it so what's caused the muted response?

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The club recently put on the 150th Year WAWAW Fun Day at Hillsborough with the Chairman and staff all involved in trying to put on the best day they possibly could for those who could attend.

Granted that schools outside of Sheffield had gone back, but the Sheffield schools were mostly still on holiday so the attendance was impacted but not by any means disastrous.

The Chairman, CEO and club staff were all on hand to make the day go by as positively as possible, and players were there to sign autographs and meet the kids. 

Even ex players like Coughlan, Reda Johnson etc were in attendance meeting fans

There was matches on the pitch (even the chairman played) and activities all around the ground

But the feedback has been so muted it's been pretty non-existant and I'm confused why that might be. Everyone who went seemed to enjoy it so what's caused the muted response?

Because in today’s day and age hardly anyone says a word unless they’re moaning or complaining about things. All that ‘faux outrage’ on social media etc The club should take the relative silence as a positive.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Tudders said:

Because in today’s day and age hardly anyone says a word unless they’re moaning or complaining about things. All that ‘faux outrage’ on social media etc The club should take the relative silence as a positive.

Is does seem that way , far easier to be outraged than impressed these days.

Hastily arranged from what I heard so what they put on was great. The main things being playing on the pitch and the treasure hunt. Stuff in car park was a bit meh but seeing my lad score goals on the hallowed turf was all that mattered to me and him. 

Easter holidays are gonna be out of sync between Sheffield and the rest of the region next year too. Sheffield Schools were off so no complaints about the date from me. Last week could have seen a better turn out but the short time between deciding to do it and putting it on would have been even shorter. 

Seem a very strange day to hold it when the week end would have been better attended, any fans outside of Sheffield (there are alot of Chessy and Rotherham based) could not attend and those living and schooling in Sheffield could maybe not go because their families had to work. Add to that the QPR result the night before, the need to register before hand in order to attend.

For those that went they seem to enjoy themselves from what I was told but just seems to have been very badly planned for a time when few could make it. Had it been the week before on the bank holiday Monday or the week end i think the uptake would have been a lot more.

Would be nice to see a proper 150th legends game end of season / start of preseason maybe for a few local charities I think this sort of event would be well attended and start next season off on a positive note. 

26 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Seem a very strange day to hold it when the week end would have been better attended, any fans outside of Sheffield (there are alot of Chessy and Rotherham based) could not attend and those living and schooling in Sheffield could maybe not go because their families had to work. Add to that the QPR result the night before, the need to register before hand in order to attend.

For those that went they seem to enjoy themselves from what I was told but just seems to have been very badly planned for a time when few could make it. Had it been the week before on the bank holiday Monday or the week end i think the uptake would have been a lot more.

Would be nice to see a proper 150th legends game end of season / start of preseason maybe for a few local charities I think this sort of event would be well attended and start next season off on a positive note. 

We're into our 152nd year and our 151st season.

Answers in the question mate....150th anniversary?..Thanks for nothing, been a complete disaster, ...

You can turn it any way you like, Mr Chansiri on the pitch....fair enough...sooner have had kieron Lee

Sheffield Wednesday fun day...I admire the principle, just have difficulty with the "Fun" bit..its been abject

I'll be there next season, Ive been there every season since 1964.....but don't p*ss down me back an' tell me its raining...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

We're into our 152nd year and our 151st season.

Yes but we need a feel good factor back at the club after the depression of everything that has gone wrong this year both off and on the pitch.

If we start off with the club and fans as one at an entertaining pre season game then who knows we might have a better season next year.

Its not like it could be any worse that the complete cluster fizz of the last few pre-seasons players arriving unfit and not for the start of the season, players unfit and unprepared for the preseason games and league to start, 10 games into the season before the team starts playing as a team for the last 3 season not good enough. I hope for change but have seen nothing from DC to suggest it will.  

22 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

True that

If this season is anything to go by no celebration planned might mean less chance of the club ballsing it up.

Do we have any pre season games confirmed, any details of a possible new shirt, any details of if we will be under embargo - basically have the club communicated anything other than we want your season ticket money?