New Role for Hutchinson ?

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
31 minutes ago, cookeh said:

No model is perfect. But Saying that I'm making the stats look worse by only taking league games seems a bit silly to me. The league is number one. If we get promoted i don't care if we go out in the first round of the cup.

A model that disregards relevant data to bolster a point of view is certainly far from perfect. Very flawed.

As you know full well the discussion is about injury fallibility not importance of different competitions.

I agree league is more important but Hutch is employed to play as directed by the manager in whatever competition the boss decides. Disregarding time played to distort an argument about fitness to play is what is silly IMO.

2 hours ago, Will69 said:

There is some wild speculation and lots of aimless (and at times ridiculous) statements on here so let’s add a bit of perspective..

In truth on his day he is one hell of a player and his combative nature is what makes him that good, we would be mad to take that out of him. He has two seasons left, we won’t be moving him on unless he retires so let’s give him a good break at the end of this season and see if we can improve our fitness as a club and see if he comes back to as good as he was last season before we label him a crock.

I don't disagree with any of points you make, including some remarks that  simply just give up on him, as if he has nothing to contribute.

He is a very good and effective player and is missed when not in the team. To me the question is how we manage his contribution, should he continue with injury issues ? I agree that his getting cards is part of his signature and I partly accept that. But it is frustrating when he makes reckless challenges in unnecessary areas. i The collection of cards and eventual bans for Hutch does nothing but underline his overall absence when games missed due to injury are added to the mix.

I rate him that highly, that it concerns me to think that the only approach we have is to fix/rest him up and lets go again and see what happens. I think we need to be a little more proactive with his management than that.

21 minutes ago, Will69 said:

You’re missing the point. All our players have had injury issues and a lack of fitness this season. Regardless of what particular training programme they are on (and not a chance in hell you actually know what specific programme each player is on unless you work for the club in such a capacity, which you don’t) Sam has been hit with his own specific injuries collecting perfectly with the wider squad training and medical issues.

correlation and causation are separate things.

Just because 'guy who is always injured' is injured during a period while lots of other people are injured, it doesn't mean that he's injury is related to theirs.

and I don't need to work for the club to know that hutch has entirely separate fitness training to the rest of the squad. it's been said numerous times by both him and carlos over the last few years. all i need to be able to do is read the news and not forget.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cookeh said:

correlation and causation are separate things.

Just because 'guy who is always injured' is injured during a period while lots of other people are injured, it doesn't mean that he's injury is related to theirs.

and I don't need to work for the club to know that hutch has entirely separate fitness training to the rest of the squad. it's been said numerous times by both him and carlos over the last few years. all i need to be able to do is read the news and not forget.

So you’re saying, in your opinion, that Hutchinson’s injuries are not at all related to the medical and fitness issues we’ve had all season that has seen most of the squad affected, that his injuries are because he is finished as a player?

And also that you’re certain the squad trains in one way and Hutchinson alone has as special training regime and the rest of the squad members don’t have a specially tailored approach?

That is how it’s coming across to me. And that is böllocks.

4 hours ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Who else had been mooted of late for coaching?

What utter nonsense 

It was a joke fella but if you insist, Loovens,Semedo,Llera. 

Good servants to the club and naturally we have a good affinity with them but at some point they aren’t good enough to play for us anyone but we still want them around. 

On 4/13/2018 at 17:13, Will69 said:

So you’re saying, in your opinion, that Hutchinson’s injuries are not at all related to the medical and fitness issues we’ve had all season that has seen most of the squad affected, that his injuries are because he is finished as a player?

And also that you’re certain the squad trains in one way and Hutchinson alone has as special training regime and the rest of the squad members don’t have a specially tailored approach?

That is how it’s coming across to me. And that is böllocks.

You've certainly embellished what i said, so.. yeah, I call böllocks too.

Keep him make him club captain !!

he has injury issues but this year so has the majority of the squad but he’s a class player when he does play.

Simple buy players to play with him and or cover him if he’s injured or played in a different position.

You don’t get rid of class.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Simple buy players to cover him if he’s injured

and this is how we end up with 30 first team players and no money.

everyone has to be able to do a job.. and the sad reality is hutch can't play even half the games each season.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
30 minutes ago, cookeh said:

everyone has to be able to do a job.. and the sad reality is hutch can't play even half the games each season.

If we get 30 + games from him next season with his qualities it will be hugely beneficial to us. Joey now here and improving and will share the load. This season has been a nightmare full stop with injuries exacerbated by mismanagement. Hutch himself had a misdiagnosis resulting in longer than necessary absence. Starts with a clean slate next season. Contracted anyway so we should use this terrific player prudently..

35 minutes ago, cookeh said:

Exactly.  Retaining money drainers like this is half the reason we are in this mess. He’s a decent player nowt else but he’s crocked , finished . Exactly the sort of player we need rid of