New Role for Hutchinson ?

5 hours ago, cookeh said:

and this is how we end up with 30 first team players and no money.

everyone has to be able to do a job.. and the sad reality is hutch can't play even half the games each season.

I have to disagree - we ended up with 30 players because we bought Jones to cover him, but he wasn’t good enough so we bought Buttercup who wasn’t good enough so we bought Pelupessy who the jury is out on. The recruiting being pants is why not the theory behind it. Hutch has played in a lot of games for us and made a massive difference in most.. this season he’s been out loads but so has everyone.

If we keep him and play him and have him pushed by other players of good ability then there is no reason why we shouldn’t get the best from him when he does play and not miss him like we do wjem

he doesnt

2 hours ago, Whatahoot said:

Why cannot we look at using him differently for his remaining two seasons, mostly from the bench to cover centre back, midfield and right back ?  Filling in for a full game due to others injuries at centre back for the odd game.

Because he's out injured for periods of every season. So you can't rely on him to be fit when you need him.

Back up players need to be able to stay fit and be ready when they're called upon. So Hutch isn't a good back up player.

He's a good starter.. but again.. we'd need a quality back up because he's out a lot more than the average player is.

And that's why i'd let him go.

This is the moment to revitalise the squad, make it more efficient and get the club run properly in terms of the playing staff and the wage bill.

Sadly, I don't see where Hutch fits. His situation is kind of like Ledley King towards the end. Plays when he's fit, but you still need someone who's first team quality for when he's not. And ultimately that means you're better off, money wise, with just having the guy who's covering and using one of the kids or van Aken as cover.

I take on board the idea that in the back line Hutch might be a bit more protected from himself, not only in terms of discipline, but his physical workload. If we can't move him on, then sure, let's try that and get what we can from him. Hopefully it'll work out. I think we're left needing to spend on a quality defensive mid whether he stays or goes tho.

52 minutes ago, cookeh said:

Because he's out injured for periods of every season. So you can't rely on him to be fit when you need him.

Back up players need to be able to stay fit and be ready when they're called upon. So Hutch isn't a good back up player.

He's a good starter.. but again.. we'd need a quality back up because he's out a lot more than the average player is.

And that's why i'd let him go.

This is the moment to revitalise the squad, make it more efficient and get the club run properly in terms of the playing staff and the wage bill.

Sadly, I don't see where Hutch fits. His situation is kind of like Ledley King towards the end. Plays when he's fit, but you still need someone who's first team quality for when he's not. And ultimately that means you're better off, money wise, with just having the guy who's covering and using one of the kids or van Aken as cover.

I take on board the idea that in the back line Hutch might be a bit more protected from himself, not only in terms of discipline, but his physical workload. If we can't move him on, then sure, let's try that and get what we can from him. Hopefully it'll work out. I think we're left needing to spend on a quality defensive mid whether he stays or goes tho.

Some good points made cookeh. I think I lean towards the...."hard to get rid off" got him for 2 more seasons.. so lets see what we can get from him in a more protected way.