Was out drinking in town the following weekend.

Got talking to a Man Utd fan (and took the p155 a bit, obviously) who seemed genuinely surprised that he'd had the misfortune to bump into a Wednesdayite...

... In SHEFFIELD city centre, on a Saturday night.

Hardly one of the worlds greatest ever coincidences.

55 minutes ago, fatzooma said:
Dink
a Southeast Asian, particularly a Vietnamese person. Also used as a disparaging term for a North Vietnamese soldier or guerrilla in the Vietnam War. 

A South Yorkshire, partucually North Sheffield sound. Usually heard when visiting London and predominantly moments after a blistering shot by a striped Shezza.

Fixed it for ya.

In my lifetime, the only thing that topped Sheridan's 'dink' was the final whistle in that game

Scoring in the first half in the cup final, against a team from the higher division, and then keeping the biggest team in the country at bay was something else.

Because Carlton Palmer was suspended, we coudn't play our usual free flowing game, which was a good job for Man U, or we'd have hammered them

Don't believe me? We turned Chelsea over home and away in the semi's, with a 5-1 aggregate

What a time to be a Wednesdayite

People might have forgot this, but at that time, the League Cup was the only trophy Man Utd had never won, they wanted it 

The relief at the final whistle was something else, I'm not ashamed to admit I burst out crying

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.