Sean Clare future in doubt

Just now, Utah Owl said:

The game needs to move to a situation where the pay is performance related.

There should be a basic level of weekly pay that is guaranteed and everything else should depend on appearances and results. That way whatever the age of the player they get paid what they are worth to the club as a whole.

Sadly in today's game it's never going to happen.

Hey Leon...how's it going?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Exactly. 

Carlos's remit was to get us promoted. 

Very few managers nowadays are going to chuck the kids in when their job is on the line. 

Some fans live in cloud cuckoo land. 

And so dId one particular Owls  manager 

(Lifelong Swans fan)

FFS............  

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

And so dI'd  one particular Owls  manager 

(Lifelong Swans fan)

FFS............  

I'll have you know that Carlos is the Portuguese son of John Toshack. 

Edited by SiJ

5 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Hey Leon...how's it going?

So far so good!

On me Todd at the moment, wife and youngest are over your side of pond in Manchester. Picking them up in Vegas on Tuesday night!

Edited by Utah Owl

6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Exactly. 

Carlos's remit was to get us promoted. 

Very few managers nowadays are going to chuck the kids in when their job is on the line. 

Some fans live in cloud cuckoo land. 

Jos is giving plenty game time and we haven't combusted. 

I think you miss the point. Why spend money going up a category band only to then just see promising players walk out? Carlos's job wasn't under threat when Hirst was on the bench last season. His job was in danger this season because he continued to stick with the same players time and again.

Please explain why I live in cloud cuckoo land? I just get sick of the club throwing money away then expecting the fan to foot the bill.

Just now, MuddyFunkster said:

Jos is giving plenty game time and we haven't combusted. 

I think you miss the point. Why spend money going up a category band only to then just see promising players walk out? Carlos's job wasn't under threat when Hirst was on the bench last season. His job was in danger this season because he continued to stick with the same players time and again.

Please explain why I live in cloud cuckoo land? I just get sick of the club throwing money away then expecting the fan to foot the bill.

Jos has had his hand forced by the injuries. 

Just now, Utah Owl said:

So far so good!

On me Todd at the moment, wife and youngest so  over your end in Manchester. Picking them up in Vegas o Tuesday night!

I've had a weekend alone too.

Mrs C off visiting...spent the whole time semi p*ssed.. looking for things I need.

Why do they hide things?

Bet when your loved ones land they'll be kissing the tarmac after a visit in Manchester.lol

8 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Mrs C off visiting...spent the whole time semi p*ssed.. looking for things I need.

Why do they hide things?

Bet when your loved ones land they'll be kissing the tarmac after a visit in Manchester.lol

Until the razor cuts ..................

40 minutes ago, MuddyFunkster said:

It's crazy to let the likes of Hirst and Clare leave, regardless of how good people think they are.

Why sign older players on big wages and let younger ones escape? I don't get why we went for the higher academy category band if that's what we are going to do. The risks are far less giving potential a chance than the alternative.

Fletcher or Hirst

Abdi or Clare

There are arguments to suggest that Hirst and Clare will have done just as much in the time that Fletcher and Abdi have been here and on a percentage of their wage. We also have the added bonus of rather than spending millions we are potentially making money as they are saleable assets.

firstly we didn't go for the higher academy category - we stayed at the same level

And I doubt there is one person in world football who 2 years ago would have taken Clare and Hirst over Abdi and Fletcher

Totally false dichotomy - and the 2 youngsters have to earn their stripes in the harsh world of "real" football - not the kids stuff

Both Abdi and Fletcher have done that - and then some

I wonder how much the academy costs to run each year?

I'd seriously consider foookin it off all together, we've never had any decent return on it that I can remember. 

Even when we do have a potential talent like Hirst, the prem clubs tap them up and turn their heads anyway, we end up losing them for next to nowt.

Just bin the academy off and invest that money into the first team. 

43 minutes ago, MuddyFunkster said:

Same players they were injured when Carlos was still here but it didn't force Carlos's hand. Keep going.

I need not to. 

You're talking sheeite. 

2 minutes ago, RichieB said:

I wonder how much the academy costs to run each year?

I'd seriously consider foookin it off all together, we've never had any decent return on it that I can remember. 

Even when we do have a potential talent like Hirst, the prem clubs tap them up and turn their heads anyway, we end up losing them for next to nowt.

Just bin the academy off and invest that money into the first team. 

You make a reasonable point... however it could be argued that Jos would have been in a worse bind without the academy lads when we were down to the bones.

Just now, Costello 77 said:

You make a reasonable point... however it could be argued that Jos would have been in a worse bind without the academy lads when we were down to the bones.

Very true, but this season's injury crisis is something that ive never seen before, and should never happen again, a complete freak situation. 

I've just jinxed it haven't I, it's going to happen again next season isn't it lol

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Why do they hide things?

They were kissing the ground yesterday when they went to Liverpool! That speaks volumes!

• Haha 1

Guest Ash76
37 minutes ago, scram said:

firstly we didn't go for the higher academy category - we stayed at the same level

And I doubt there is one person in world football who 2 years ago would have taken Clare and Hirst over Abdi and Fletcher

Totally false dichotomy - and the 2 youngsters have to earn their stripes in the harsh world of "real" football - not the kids stuff

Both Abdi and Fletcher have done that - and then some

Exactly

Don't get the stick Fletcher gets, done well for us and a shame he got injured

Hopefully he's fully fit and raring to go for the start of the season