Owlin' Wolf

Sean Clare future in doubt

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

Fair enough, I think it’s a load of bolllocks. Guess we’ll see where he ends up. Maybe he’ll shun the big boys and their riches and sign for us. Yet somehow it would be our fault if he doesn’t.

A move to Spurs might also not be that good a move for him, and there’s no guarantee that he won’t end up playing non league Plenty have, some who were far more talented than Clare

We don’t know what him or Hirst have been offered, only that the players and their agents don’t believe it is enough 

It just seems odd that the club will meet the wage demands of so many players who are clearly, well past their sell buy date At the end of the day, the club will have a structure of which players get what 

Personally, I don’t have any trust in the clubs judgement in these matters, but hey, it isn’t my money

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Roland Nilsson said:

He didn't track back anytime in the 2nd half that's why we lost to Villa

The performance of the bent ref had nothing to do with it then?

• Agree 2

Signs or doesn't sign. 

That's that.  He's got promise but I'll not be crying myself to sleep at night if he doesn't.  

I'd have thought he'd look at things and realise he has a good chance here of breaking into a team at a big championship club and making a name for himself. 

• Agree 1

48 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

For me, getting Hirst and Clare signed up, is one of the most important issues right now After the recruitment debacle of the last two years, we need to see that lessons have been learned A younger, more dynamic profile for the squad, is the way forward, and as these two are the poster boys of our development programme, it’s imperative that we keep them

persistencedemotivator.jpeg?v=1403276080

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, The Captain said:

The performance of the bent ref had nothing to do with it then?

The ref didn't stop him marking Glenn Whelan did he?

• Agree 1
  • Haha 2

At the end of the day, both players have been offered new contracts. The club obviously believe they have offered the right price, so it’s up to Hirsty and Clare and their representatives. If they don’t want to stay, then what else can the club do? Personally I’d love them both to stay, realistically I can’t see either staying. They no doubt think they’ve EARNED the right to demand high wages, having played a handful of first team games between them!?! 

WTF:

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, owlsmad said:

At the end of the day, both players have been offered new contracts. The club obviously believe they have offered the right price, so it’s up to Hirsty and Clare and their representatives. If they don’t want to stay, then what else can the club do?

Letting Hirst train with his peers might have been a start.

• Disagree 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Roland Nilsson said:

The ref didn't stop him marking Glenn Whelan did he?

Clare didn’t stop marking Whelan.

Just now, Geoffrey said:

Wouldn't have made the slightest bit of difference as his head was turned by the premiership youngsters at the England meet ups, he simply doesn't want to be here, he's seen the brighter lights outside Sheffield, nothing wrong with that in itself, we all want to better ourselves

• Agree 2

Yawn. Seeya Sean. Thanks for the no memories.

True, but we don’t know what went off between young Hirsty and the club representatives. I doubt they’d freeze him out just for 5hits and giggles! 

3 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

C’est la vie!

21 minutes ago, Roland Nilsson said:

He didn't track back anytime in the 2nd half that's why we lost to Villa

Villa fielding 12 men in black did that one buddy

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, The Captain said:

Clare didn’t stop marking Whelan.

Well our manager disagrees with you.  Look at his interview 

1 minute ago, Roland Nilsson said:

Well our manager disagrees with you.  Look at his interview 

That’s called keeping player’s egos in check and keeping a talented young lad’s feet on the ground.  Jos will know what a big future Clare could have ahead of him.

MOTM performance that day.

We don’t know what they are asking for, though in Hirst’s case, his father said they weren’t far apart, and his son was keen to sign Guess the thing that winds me up, is the millions we’ve spaffed on a load of has beens, and yet we make a stance over a few grand 

47 minutes ago, cognacbarnowl said:

My apologies steelowl. Just tinkered with it a bit lol 

'dafuck!!!!!

couldnt agree more