Player of the Season?

It really is slim pickings but as reach's form falls away its looking to me like nuhiu has the chance to clinch it with a few more goals between now and the end of the season.

Nuhiu barely played in the first half of the season under carlos and has been largely impressive in the second half since he's been a regular so has no real blame attached to him for the poor start, you also feel like it'll probably mean more to nuhiu purely for the length of time that hes been here and the turn around in his goalscoring ability, added to the fact that however much abuse hes endured hes always given everything when given a chance.

There really is few other players who you can make a case for, pudil has arguably been the most consistent performer over the season but its been consistently 6/7s rather than 8/9s, lees, bannan and hooper have all been good when available but been out injured for too long, wildsmith like reach has contributed some top performances but equally contributed too many poor ones.

• Like 1

I was going to say Reach as he's player about twice as many minutes as the rest of them, but he really has been poor for over a month now.

I think at this point I'd have to give it to Adthe. Stepped up. And if he's to leave then it seems a fitting farewell for a guy who clearly loves playing for us.

• Like 1

I saw Reach as a shoo-in for this but his form has badly tailed off the last few weeks (not helped by how much he’s getting moved around the formation). If we could do a player of the year purely based on the second half of the season (which to be fair is what we essentially did when Liam Palmer won it a few years ago) then it’s Nuhiu without question.

I have a real problem with it being awarded to Reach.

He's probably been the best of a bad bunch but he's pretty soft and I'm fed up of constantly seeing him bottle 50/50's.

I don't really think anyone deserves it, this has been a season to forget.

Early doors I thought it a two horse race between Bannan and Hooper.

Then the injuries.

Reach has played in nearly every game and had a really good spell.

Nuhiu has come up on the rails with a furlong to go.

Tight between those two really. Think Reach has to nick it overall

6 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Early doors I thought it a two horse race between Bannan and Hooper.

Then the injuries.

Reach has played in nearly every game and had a really good spell.

Nuhiu has come up on the rails with a furlong to go.

Tight between those two really. Think Reach has to nick it overall

Shows you what a poor season it's been. Hard to give Reach more than a 6/10 for this campaign overall and he's the leading POTS candidate. 

8 minutes ago, kristmace said:

Shows you what a poor season it's been. Hard to give Reach more than a 6/10 for this campaign overall and he's the leading POTS candidate. 

Exactly.

These were the facts before the QPR game

image.png.a10234b2e85dbf31b1146e97e256bf34.png

He might not have set the world alight. But...

He's been doing more than anyone else.

Played 49 games I think it was.

Played all over the park without a grumble. Ok. YOu judge primarily by what happens on the park but he's shown the right attitude too. No toys out the pram.

Took the Captains armband whilst others fell like flies.

Last few games he's been really off the boil.

He's probably shagged out. He's done double and in some cases 10 times the mileage that some of the others have.

Still Reach for me. Gone right off the boil last few matches but I'm hardly surprised - he's been ever-present, never stopped running about, and basically carried us single-handedly in an attacking sense through the darkest periods before the resurrection of Atdhe. the lad must be running on fumes these days.

Might have turned in two or three 5/10 performances this last month or so, but before that he was a solid 7 nearly every game, when those around him were stuggling to earn themselves a 5.

I think he's earned it already, even if his season is pretty much run with five games to go.

Edited by Mr. Tom

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Exactly.

These were the facts before the QPR game

image.png.a10234b2e85dbf31b1146e97e256bf34.png

He might not have set the world alight. But...

He's been doing more than anyone else.

Played 49 games I think it was.

Played all over the park without a grumble. Ok. YOu judge primarily by what happens on the park but he's shown the right attitude too. No toys out the pram.

Took the Captains armband whilst others fell like flies.

Last few games he's been really off the boil.

He's probably shagged out. He's done double and in some cases 10 times the mileage that some of the others have.

Surely most of those stats are based on the fact that he's made 41 starts from 42 games. Most starts after Reach are Fox and Hunt on only 26!

9 minutes ago, kristmace said:

Surely most of those stats are based on the fact that he's made 41 starts from 42 games. Most starts after Reach are Fox and Hunt on only 26!

Quite so. Quite so. It bends  the truth doesn't it, like many stats. 

On the other hand...he's been fit and available every week. In the bizzarro season we're living through where it seems everyone has been injured at some stage that alone probably deserves an award! Especially given the revelations about no proper pre season work. 

Weird season were having is best summed up by this...

We have threads on this site where people want to offload our player of the year for not being good enough!