'Yeah, I have no explain for that.'

3 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

WTF we have been playing 5 3 2 apart from Bristol and Millwall since Jos came so how can that not be an experiment or trying something new, Do you want him to play the kitman up top and bus driver in the net is that the kind of experiment you expect as you have baffled me?

Are you suggesting that none of the players have played 4-2-3-1 in their careers? 

3 hours ago, sheffix said:

Have to agree. His worst interview so far. I do find it difficult to understand what he's saying because of the language difference but the tone was strangely complacent. It didn't help that he didn't seem to know the name of our opponents either. I wanted anger, embarrassment, apology, respect for the travelling fans but got nothing. Concerns over whether he's the right choice are mounting for me.

I think he is staying calm and not startling the horses by too much emotion and criticism. Some of these players will be on the pitch again in four days time. He was frank enough about the mistakes the team made in losing the match within the first 15 minutes.

31 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

Don't want no sympathy pal its called being a supporter I enjoyed yesterday apart from majority of the game and I took the Mrs out Monday night for a meal, Had a week in Lanzarote during International break you are allowed to do all 3 you no and not be such a sap.

Good for you.

3 hours ago, Sham67 said:

Let's be honest they'd have to be a bit simple if they didn't.

How's your Dutch and German.  I take it you're fluent.

Wilf Smith was born in Germany, oddly enough.  His father was a soldier.  

Jos doesn't speak brilliant English but we understand the gist, normally.  

Carlos used to talk too fast.  I rarely understood him. 

If Mick McCarthy did finish up with us next season (maybe unlikely) I'm sure we'd all understand him, although folk outside South Yorks might struggle.  

1 hour ago, ramone said:

Are you suggesting that none of the players have played 4-2-3-1 in their careers? 

What are you going on about they might well have but they haven't or have hardly played it together as a team so he's experimenting to see if we can make it work that's pretty clear. If you don't think that's experimenting then what would you like to see him experiment with?

Don’t know if anybody has mentioned it but by God the man is boring. Gray was boring but at least you could understand what he was saying, Jos just seems to link together random words and phrases. Not knocking the fact English is not his first language, just making an observation that what he says is both boring and nonsensical for the most part, how must that reflect on the playing staff?

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Listen - I have only said what the realistic truth is

You can choose to accept what I say or believe your own reality that Jos will be busting a gut to win three points every game, stick to tried and tested formations, and get players back as quickly as possible to play them.

I know who will be less disappointed and shocked and angry over the coming games

Clue - it won't be me

lol

Bust a gut, no. But give a bit of a s**t and want to turn up and have a go at least, sorry, but yes that’s what we expect. That first 15 mins was the worst I have ever seen us play.

Now helps to slightly erase the game away at Palace where we let them stroll through our defence after 1 minute to score the opener, but that’s last nights only purpose. 

7 hours ago, Box_Man said:

Agree.

We should be setting up to win every game of football with the best first 11 available until the end of the season.

He lacks charisma for me, whether his record says he’s good in Europe or not, i don’t think he suits us as a manager/figure head.

Bristol City , Birmingham, QPR, the debacle of that Millwall team selection. Give me major doubts.

And that first half against Preston.

4 hours ago, cookeh said:

Pudil's been fine at centerback and since his pace has dropped off a bit, i think he's probably better there now. Thorniley as left back was a bad call imo, but.. we don't really have anyone to play there in a flat 4, do we.

Reach isn't a back 4 player. Fox is injured. Pudil's better in the middle. Boyd can barely manage wing back.

It's a gaping whole in the squad tbh. I get why we tried the back 4.. given it allowed us to get Nando in along side the two in form strikers.. but without a real left back, i dont think we can do it reliably.

If I'm being realistic he's been OK at cb yes, but in the three cbs, he has others to cover his failings along with a holding defencive mf. For his hight and size he's awfully inadequate in the air and remember on quite a few occasions where he's ducked out of heading the ball clear. I just think if we're going to try back four play square pegs in square holes especially with an inexperienced lad in,it just didn't make sense, yes pudil Is looking slow, but he'd have had the experience to push the man out wide in the incident for one of the goals you mentioned. 

7 hours ago, wilfsmith said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p063xn2y

His interviews often concern me but last night's is most worrying. Seems to take no responsibility for the performance and it's all because the players didn't stop the crosses and deal with the ball in the '30 metres'. His answer to the question about the fans showed little empathy for the punters' views. 'We win together, we lose together' is about all he could manage.

dickvead

7 hours ago, Box_Man said:

Agree.

We should be setting up to win every game of football with the best first 11 available until the end of the season.

He lacks charisma for me, whether his record says he’s good in Europe or not, i don’t think he suits us as a manager/figure head.

Bristol City , Birmingham, QPR, the debacle of that Millwall team selection. Give me major doubts.

Me too mate 

16 hours ago, coopswfc76 said:

What are you going on about they might well have but they haven't or have hardly played it together as a team so he's experimenting to see if we can make it work that's pretty clear. If you don't think that's experimenting then what would you like to see him experiment with?

Imagine thinking professional footballers are like fish out of water playing 4-2-3-1 :tango: its second nature to all of them. Its not an experiment is it. They've played that system all their careers. Do you think Jos walked through the door and gave them the Men in Black memory loss thing? 

I cant work out whether you're just trying to wind me up or genuinely being serious... 

15 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

If I'm being realistic he's been OK at cb yes, but in the three cbs, he has others to cover his failings along with a holding defencive mf. For his hight and size he's awfully inadequate in the air and remember on quite a few occasions where he's ducked out of heading the ball clear. I just think if we're going to try back four play square pegs in square holes especially with an inexperienced lad in,it just didn't make sense, yes pudil Is looking slow, but he'd have had the experience to push the man out wide in the incident for one of the goals you mentioned. 

Maybe, yeah. But maybe they tried it in training and Thorniley seemed comfortable at left back, so Jos wanted to give him a real game to see how he did and see if he can step into that role, solving a problem for the club. Didn't work out, as things sometimes don't.

For me the Thorniley-Pudil thing is really just a distraction. It wasn't the reason we shipped 3 goals in quick succession. For me it was the workrate of the midfield, notably Jones and Reach. Neither seemed particularly interested in putting in a shift and doing the defensive tasks that needed doing.

1st goal comes from a 3v2 on the sideline which exists because Jones and Reach are stood around marking space instead of men.

2nd goal Reach has decided he doesn't have to defend and is shouting at Nuhiu to do it.. while Jones is once again marking (the wrong) space, and gives up when the first shot comes in instead of making sure.

3rd Thorniley gets isolated and it's a great cross off the left peg of their right back. Fair play to them really, good goal, tho Lees should maybe have done better. But if that just makes it 1-0, then there's still a game to be played.

4th.. Pessy competes for a header. Jones is ball watching and doesn't try and doesn't get back goal side, and Reach is just standing around again..

For me, the problem is the midfield.

6 hours ago, ramone said:

Imagine thinking professional footballers are like fish out of water playing 4-2-3-1 :tango: its second nature to all of them. Its not an experiment is it. They've played that system all their careers. Do you think Jos walked through the door and gave them the Men in Black memory loss thing? 

I cant work out whether you're just trying to wind me up or genuinely being serious... 

You're good at this, WHAT WOULD BE AN EXPERIMENT IN YOUR BOOK THEN? My mind boggles that you don't think a change in formation can be classed as an experiment I've asked loads of times WHAT WOULD BE AN EXPERIMENT IN YOUR BOOK?