'Yeah, I have no explain for that.'

52 minutes ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

You have to sympathise with and admire them. I think we're must probably safe though and the important task for Jos and the club has to now be planning and experimenting with the future in mind. Big summer coming up.

Why? 

They aren't doing it for me...

1 hour ago, wilfsmith said:

Let's hope the 1500 fans who spent their hard earned cash travelling down there on a cold Tuesday night knew that it was going to be 'almost like a pre-season friendly.'

Those fans won’t give a hoot, they are proper Owls and have seen us lose a thousand times over. Just like always they went, they sang their hearts out for the boys and yeah we lost but it wasn’t like we were battered. On another day it could have been us with the 3 points so don’t you worry your little cotton socks about the fans who went.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

In reality in football there is the truth, and then there is what fans want to hear

We're pretty much now just experimenting for next season but the fans want to hear that we're gonna get all the major players back from injury and go hell for leather to get three points every game (when in fact there's no real need to bust a gut for either of those)

What did we experiment last night? 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Realistically the season is over so there's no dramatic need to be going all out to beat the tougher sides and risk injuries

It's almost like pre-season friendlies now till the end of the season, trialling out new formations and players in other positions

The season is not over yet. We can still mathematically be relegated, and if we continue to take our foot off the accelerator it will become even more likely.  I have been supporting Wednesday for too long to assume that there is "no need to be going all out and risk injuries".

We have avoided going flat out for the last twelve months, and that's why we are in this position now.

1 hour ago, wilfsmith said:

Let's hope the 1500 fans who spent their hard earned cash travelling down there on a cold Tuesday night knew that it was going to be 'almost like a pre-season friendly.'

Hard earn cash, blah blah blah, fans blah blah blah blah blah. They didn't have to spend their hard earned cash on a cold Tuesday night. No. Instead they could have took their wife out for a meal, put the money towards a holiday for the family... I don't know how anyone can have "sympathy" for fans who travel to matches spending over £100 in the process, knowing full well there's NOTHING to play for. I've been watching nearly every away game on IFollow. Last night, no chance; and that's only a fiver. 

1 hour ago, cookeh said:

He sounds plenty frustrated about the first 15 minutes to me.

He's also not wrong. For the 1st, our central midfield is completely absent. While their is supporting the attack and giving them 3v2 on our right, Both Reach and Jones are just stood watching, 'marking space' and doing nothing. People criticise Palmer, but if you're left 2v1 you will get stuffed every time, i don't care who you are. There's no pressure at all on the man crossing the ball and that should never happen. We then have several mistakes before the goal hits the net. Pudil is tracking back with his man, but blocks Wildsmith's path to come for the ball. Wildmsith doesn't get enough on it as he has to dodge Pudil, and Thorniley is a million miles away from his man.

The 2nd, we're not tight enough on the touchline, Reach is standing around in an offensive position, asking why Adthe hasn't chased back into the area (?!), Lees and Jones are badly positioned so can't cover quick enough, and Wildsmith spills it when he really shouldn't.

The 3rd, Thorniley shows the player inside instead of to the line. I think he's just worried about behind beaten for pace, which highlights the need for an actual left back in the summer. To be fair, it's a really good cross, especially when you consider it's from the left foot of their right back. Lees has lost his man and it's an free header at the back post. No chance for Wildsmith.

The pen.. Jones stands around doing nothing again. Pudil shouldn't dive in, but does and gets muscled out. Lees slides in from miles away and takes the man. 3 individual errors right there.

From your assessment it sounds like part of the problem we had defensively was a guy that's played left back for over a decade at cb in pudil and a still very unexperienced cb in Thorniley playing left back hampering their natural thoughts on positional play and marking. Making me think why didn't we play them both in their natural positions allowing the young lad to be sat between an experienced cb in Lees and an experienced lb in pudil in a position he naturally plays??. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, One De Bilde said:

In a way he is right though. He can't be held responsible for Wildsmith's errors for the first two goals. We can take all day about negative selections and formations but he is setting up as he sees fit. He will be judged on next season, when he has had a full pre season and hopefully a full squad available to him. I for one am looking forward to seeing us next season 

I know Rob Staton's an Owl, and I know he must have been annoyed last night, but the hatred of Jos was shining through again in that interview. It's been there from day one.

I thought Journalists were supposed to be impartial, in this case RS (Radio Sheffield or Rob Staton) seem to have some kind of vendetta against Jos. 

Now you could understand it if the previous coach was still here, but I can't share his fury that we have lost the last two games, one of which was against one of the best teams in the division.

Wildsmith's had a good season, but lets be honest he's dropped a couple of clangers along the way, just like he's made saves which you would not expect him to save. The goal keeper's luck evens itself out over the course of the season.

Keep Calm

And

Believe in Jos

19 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

From your assessment it sounds like part of the problem we had defensively was a guy that's played left back for over a decade at cb in pudil and a still very unexperienced cb in Thorniley playing left back hampering their natural thoughts on positional play and marking. Making me think why didn't we play them both in their natural positions allowing the young lad to be sat between an experienced cb in Lees and an experienced lb in pudil in a position he naturally plays??. 

Pudil's been fine at centerback and since his pace has dropped off a bit, i think he's probably better there now. Thorniley as left back was a bad call imo, but.. we don't really have anyone to play there in a flat 4, do we.

Reach isn't a back 4 player. Fox is injured. Pudil's better in the middle. Boyd can barely manage wing back.

It's a gaping whole in the squad tbh. I get why we tried the back 4.. given it allowed us to get Nando in along side the two in form strikers.. but without a real left back, i dont think we can do it reliably.

Reading what Jos has said about us never starting like we did last night before . It needs to be said we have more often than not started slowly this season but have not shipped as many goals so quickly.

We do not have the type of player who will sort out the more "dainty" players both on the pitch or the dressing room ( except Hutch?). At times this season our midfield play as though they learnt the game playing for Lopham Street Methodists.

2 hours ago, ashley8 said:

Never mind this season now.... We can all just look forward to WASTING next season under woeful JOS. 

Happy clap your way out of that reality 

Pathetic and we wonder why certain managers wont come here its not only DC to blame half the fan base wont give any manager a chance, Hounded Carlos after 2 seasons in play offs after we spent a bit of cash while totally ignoring others had spent far more.

Now Jos steadied the ship won 3 on bounce he's ace lose 2 he's got to go how can we have so many fans with bi polar its ridiculous.

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

In reality in football there is the truth, and then there is what fans want to hear

We're pretty much now just experimenting for next season but the fans want to hear that we're gonna get all the major players back from injury and go hell for leather to get three points every game (when in fact there's no real need to bust a gut for either of those)

Its just those who can't accept he has saved us from the mire CC left.

However if a new manager came in I wouldn't be overly annoyed.

We are in a delicate situation and need to start well next season to get momentum back.

1 hour ago, Hitcat said:

Hard earn cash, blah blah blah, fans blah blah blah blah blah. They didn't have to spend their hard earned cash on a cold Tuesday night. No. Instead they could have took their wife out for a meal, put the money towards a holiday for the family... I don't know how anyone can have "sympathy" for fans who travel to matches spending over £100 in the process, knowing full well there's NOTHING to play for. I've been watching nearly every away game on IFollow. Last night, no chance; and that's only a fiver. 

Don't want no sympathy pal its called being a supporter I enjoyed yesterday apart from majority of the game and I took the Mrs out Monday night for a meal, Had a week in Lanzarote during International break you are allowed to do all 3 you no and not be such a sap.

1 hour ago, Hitcat said:

"cold Tuesday night" always tickles me that one 

Usually followed by Rochdale or somewhere else in Lancashire 

1 minute ago, ramone said:

If you think 4-2-3-1 is new for players then really have your head stuck in the sand

WTF we have been playing 5 3 2 apart from Bristol and Millwall since Jos came so how can that not be an experiment or trying something new, Do you want him to play the kitman up top and bus driver in the net is that the kind of experiment you expect as you have baffled me?