'Yeah, I have no explain for that.'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p063xn2y

His interviews often concern me but last night's is most worrying. Seems to take no responsibility for the performance and it's all because the players didn't stop the crosses and deal with the ball in the '30 metres'. His answer to the question about the fans showed little empathy for the punters' views. 'We win together, we lose together' is about all he could manage.

2 minutes ago, wilfsmith said:

His interviews often concern me but last night's is most worrying. Seems to take no responsibility for the performance and it's all because the players didn't stop the crosses and deal with the ball in the '30 metres'. His answer to the question about the fans showed little empathy for the punters' views. 'We win together, we lose together' is about all he could manage.

In a way he is right though. He can't be held responsible for Wildsmith's errors for the first two goals. We can take all day about negative selections and formations but he is setting up as he sees fit. He will be judged on next season, when he has had a full pre season and hopefully a full squad available to him. I for one am looking forward to seeing us next season 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, wilfsmith said:

Have to agree. His worst interview so far. I do find it difficult to understand what he's saying because of the language difference but the tone was strangely complacent. It didn't help that he didn't seem to know the name of our opponents either. I wanted anger, embarrassment, apology, respect for the travelling fans but got nothing. Concerns over whether he's the right choice are mounting for me.

1 minute ago, sheffix said:

Have to agree. His worst interview so far. I do find it difficult to understand what he's saying because of the language difference but the tone was strangely complacent. It didn't help that he didn't seem to know the name of our opponents either. I wanted anger, embarrassment, apology, respect for the travelling fans but got nothing. Concerns over whether he's the right choice are mounting for me.

Realistically the season is over so there's no dramatic need to be going all out to beat the tougher sides and risk injuries

It's almost like pre-season friendlies now till the end of the season, trialling out new formations and players in other positions

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Realistically the season is over so there's no dramatic need to be going all out to beat the tougher sides and risk injuries

It's almost like pre-season friendlies now till the end of the season, trialling out new formations and players in other positions

Let's hope the 1500 fans who spent their hard earned cash travelling down there on a cold Tuesday night knew that it was going to be 'almost like a pre-season friendly.'

• Thanks 2

Just now, wilfsmith said:

Let's hope the 1500 fans who spent their hard earned cash travelling down there on a cold Tuesday night knew that it was going to be 'almost like a pre-season friendly.'

In reality in football there is the truth, and then there is what fans want to hear

We're pretty much now just experimenting for next season but the fans want to hear that we're gonna get all the major players back from injury and go hell for leather to get three points every game (when in fact there's no real need to bust a gut for either of those)

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
4 minutes ago, wilfsmith said:

You have to sympathise with and admire them. I think we're must probably safe though and the important task for Jos and the club has to now be planning and experimenting with the future in mind. Big summer coming up.

5 minutes ago, wilfsmith said:

Let's be honest they'd have to be a bit simple if they didn't.

23 minutes ago, wilfsmith said:

How's your Dutch and German.  I take it you're fluent.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, wilfsmith said:

Agree.

We should be setting up to win every game of football with the best first 11 available until the end of the season.

He lacks charisma for me, whether his record says he’s good in Europe or not, i don’t think he suits us as a manager/figure head.

Bristol City , Birmingham, QPR, the debacle of that Millwall team selection. Give me major doubts.

14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So the players will take a pay cut to "pre-season friendly" rates.   WE ARE NOT SAFE YET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, twolaptops said:

So the players will take a pay cut to "pre-season friendly" rates.   WE ARE NOT SAFE YET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Listen - I have only said what the realistic truth is

You can choose to accept what I say or believe your own reality that Jos will be busting a gut to win three points every game, stick to tried and tested formations, and get players back as quickly as possible to play them.

I know who will be less disappointed and shocked and angry over the coming games

Clue - it won't be me

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Anyone notice that Man City and Barcelona lost last night?

If it had been 2:0 would there be this fuss? Two gk errors and a dodgy penalty with a homer referee?

If the team didn’t care they wouldn’t have had about the same shots etc as the home team and it would have ended six - they put eight past us when I was a kid. 

Why there is any assumption that in this league of all leagues a Sheffield Wednesday team missing its first choice midfield and attackers should win away from home is beyond me. 

FWIW I am not at all convinced about Jos long term (Millwall Swansea teams baffled me) but the wrist slitting “everyone must go including Chansiri and the tea lady” - bleedin eck!

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, One De Bilde said:

In a way he is right though. He can't be held responsible for Wildsmith's errors for the first two goals. We can take all day about negative selections and formations but he is setting up as he sees fit. He will be judged on next season, when he has had a full pre season and hopefully a full squad available to him. I for one am looking forward to seeing us next season 

He can however be held responsible for our starting at such a slow tempo and fannying about across our own penalty box from the first minute as it's been the same in every game under his leadership.

3 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Anyone notice that Man City and Barcelona lost last night?

If it had been 2:0 would there be this fuss? Two gk errors and a dodgy penalty with a homer referee?

If the team didn’t care they wouldn’t have had about the same shots etc as the home team and it would have ended six - they put eight past us when I was a kid. 

Why there is any assumption that in this league of all leagues a Sheffield Wednesday team missing its first choice midfield and attackers should win away from home is beyond me. 

FWIW I am not at all convinced about Jos long term (Millwall Swansea teams baffled me) but the wrist slitting “everyone must go including Chansiri and the tea lady” - bleedin eck!

Can you say that nowadays ?????????

Think he has to take some responsibility for changing to a back 4 and then being 3 down after 15 mins.

Last night struck me as a match where he wanted to try something different seeing as the end of the season is coming and we have nothing to play for!

4 minutes ago, twolaptops said:

Can you say that nowadays ?????????

No - I repent and will delete my account. Don’t want to stereotype, touch type, talk tripe ...( ok maybe a bit of the latter ) I will fall on my zimmer into the Don - bury me under the East Bank near the roots of that old tree. I will rest content! Fare well!

Edited by Rogerwyldesmullet
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, sheffix said:

I wanted anger, embarrassment, apology, respect for the travelling fans but got nothing. Concerns over whether he's the right choice are mounting for me.

He sounds plenty frustrated about the first 15 minutes to me.

He's also not wrong. For the 1st, our central midfield is completely absent. While their is supporting the attack and giving them 3v2 on our right, Both Reach and Jones are just stood watching, 'marking space' and doing nothing. People criticise Palmer, but if you're left 2v1 you will get stuffed every time, i don't care who you are. There's no pressure at all on the man crossing the ball and that should never happen. We then have several mistakes before the goal hits the net. Pudil is tracking back with his man, but blocks Wildsmith's path to come for the ball. Wildmsith doesn't get enough on it as he has to dodge Pudil, and Thorniley is a million miles away from his man.

The 2nd, we're not tight enough on the touchline, Reach is standing around in an offensive position, asking why Adthe hasn't chased back into the area (?!), Lees and Jones are badly positioned so can't cover quick enough, and Wildsmith spills it when he really shouldn't.

The 3rd, Thorniley shows the player inside instead of to the line. I think he's just worried about behind beaten for pace, which highlights the need for an actual left back in the summer. To be fair, it's a really good cross, especially when you consider it's from the left foot of their right back. Lees has lost his man and it's an free header at the back post. No chance for Wildsmith.

The pen.. Jones stands around doing nothing again. Pudil shouldn't dive in, but does and gets muscled out. Lees slides in from miles away and takes the man. 3 individual errors right there.

• Thanks 1