Reach - over not around

The key attributes required for LWB are pace and tackling, of which Reach scores very low on both.

As for Left Midfield, again he is not quick enough and doesn't get past a man very well at all. The only way it would work him playing there would be if we had a very direct centre mid and a left back with blazing pace overlapping whilst Reach sits back to cover

We are better off selling and using the money to buy other players. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

The key attributes required for LWB are pace and tackling, of which Reach scores very low on both.

As for Left Midfield, again he is not quick enough and doesn't get past a man very well at all. The only way it would work him playing there would be if we had a very direct centre mid and a left back with blazing pace overlapping whilst Reach sits back to cover

We are better off selling and using the money to buy other players. 

Worthington had no pace, Neither did Brunt, Nor did McGovern, or even Waddle - but they just about managed without it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hawksmore said:

If we insist on playing Reach in a position where he can be our most creative player, he will likely get 10 assists every season, which will result in us always finishing <16th. 

His best position is definitely not opinion, that's a silly thing to say. I never said he gone dun nuffink ivor. 

Ummm, there are only 6 players in the Championship with 10 or more assists this season. 10 assists is a great return for any player! 

He's great! He's shıt! He's great! He's shít! He's great! He's shıt! He's great! He's shıt! He's great! He's shıt! He's great! He's shıt! He's great! He's shıt! He's great! He's shıt! He's great! He's shıt! He's great! He's shıt! He's great! He's shıt! He's great! He's shıt! He's great! He's shıt! He's great! He's shıt!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

He's great! He's shıt! He's great! He's shít! He's great! He's shıt! He's great! He's shıt! He's great! He's shıt! He's great! He's shıt! He's great! He's shıt! He's great! He's shıt! He's great! He's shıt! He's great! He's shıt! He's great! He's shıt! He's great! He's shıt! He's great! He's shıt! He's great! He's shıt!

Sounds like a Wednesday fan going through a list of the players on a team sheet.

We're picking on Reach, but no-one mentions Palmer, Loovens, Pudil, Bannan, Jones etc.etc.etc.  

His introduction to S6 was by playing him at LB . Reach is NOT a 'tackler' , but then , neither are Pudil, Jones etc. I see reach more as a left centre . Don't be fooled by his 'lack of speed' He has proved he can shift when time occurs.

Seems quite harsh to pick out Reach for criticism. He’s obviously been asked to play out of position on numerous occasions and it won’t have helped his own form one bit. He seems a solid personality and I bet he hasn’t complained once about playing unfamiliar roles.

i still believe there’s potential for Reach to become a quality left winger. I don’t seem him as a left back in a back four, but I think he’s comfortable on the left wing  when we play a back three.  

Hopefully next season he’ll be playing in a stronger Wednesday squad where he’ll be played to suit his strengths. Keep the faith folks he’s a keeper for me.

On 4/10/2018 at 23:07, hawksmore said:

He would be the first player out of the door at the end of the season for me. 

He is a solid and consistent 6/10 performer. The problem is because he’s so constantly not bobbins, he’s shoe horned in to just about any position. Nobody actually knows what his best position is. He can’t tackle well enough for defence, he’s not direct enough in the last 3rd of the pitch to play as a number 10, the midfield lacks balance when he’s in there and he’s not quick enough on the wings. 

I honestly don’t think we’d miss him at all and he’s one of the few players we could get some cash for, so for me he’s got to go. If he stays we insist on him playing week in week out just because he’s got a good engine then we will be in for another meh season. 

If he was a sexual position, he would be missionary with your wife of 10 years. No spark, just going through the motions. 

To me he's a left sided midfielder in a 4-4-2. Not 4-3-3 because of his occasional disinclination to tackle. He needs a strong full back behind him to get the challenges in.That, if we're going to persist with 3 centre backs, makes him a square peg in a round hole.

Mind you I could say similar about arguably our best player, Forestieri...

Doesn't Reach have 2 or 3 years left on his contract though?