Reach - over not around

3 minutes ago, Spudvegas said:

Lots of people missing the point here. We could get decent money for Adam Reach without actually losing a huge asset. You can’t replace a FF, or a Lees, or maybe a Bannan (when they’re on form) you can easily replace Adam Reach.,

But, like him or not, he has played a massive part in us staying up this season. Agreed Fessi and bannan are far better players when on form as you put it. However theyv spent the best part of the season injured. You can argue that Hooper and Fletcher are better strikers than Joao and Nuhui. The fact is they havent been available for the season. So without Nuhiu and Joao's goals, we would be down now. 

Reach has been played in different positions this season to cover for unavaible players. Yeah hes not our greatest player, but hes played his part in keeping us up in a poo season. 

49 minutes ago, Hawkowl said:

Ok mate.

That's great.

I am now listening to a bit of Santana and having a beer.

So bugger off and stop bothering me.

FFS.

Nothing like a bit of JJ Cale for chillin , Hawk. Goes well with either beer or whacky baccy lol 

'dafuck??

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Buddy Repperton said:

He's not gonna get any better and has been shocking recently.Time to cash in if we can get some of the 5 mill back and get someone with pace. We've got too many average players. 

load of testicles. he's improved since he got here. with good players around him, he'd be a lot better.

It's not his fault he has to pass to Jones and Butterfield. 

6 hours ago, Hawkowl said:

What's the relevance?

FFS.

I think it’s pretty relevant TBH because he’s been pretty average in most positions he plays. I think the Cult of Reach is right up there with the Cult of Megson garymegson

5 hours ago, mr moody said:

But, like him or not, he has played a massive part in us staying up this season. Agreed Fessi and bannan are far better players when on form as you put it. However theyv spent the best part of the season injured. You can argue that Hooper and Fletcher are better strikers than Joao and Nuhui. The fact is they havent been available for the season. So without Nuhiu and Joao's goals, we would be down now. 

Reach has been played in different positions this season to cover for unavaible players. Yeah hes not our greatest player, but hes played his part in keeping us up in a poo season. 

He’s played a big part in us struggling as well.

2 hours ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

load of testicles. he's improved since he got here. with good players around him, he'd be a lot better.

It's not his fault he has to pass to Jones and Butterfield. 

He's not much better than either of them. 

We'll not go up with players like Reach, get rid.

3 hours ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

In this formation, left wing back. Simple.

Of course.

And in a 442 He can play LB or LW, though it’s at LW that he excels.

He is just not a CM. No-one should be surprised at his current poor showings there. I hope Jos is doing it because he is the best of a bad bunch in CM, rather than genuinely believing it is his best position.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Of course.

And in a 442 He can play LB or LW, though it’s at LW that he excels.

He is just not a CM. No-one should be surprised at his current poor showings there. I hope Jos is doing it because he is the best of a bad bunch in CM, rather than genuinely believing it is his best position.

The 2 key attributes required for the left wing back position are: pace & tackling. 

Adam Reach’s best position is not LWB. 

Agreed in that because he is a consistent 6/10 we shoehorn him anywhere as we don’t know his best position but there a bigger problems in our shambles of a squad that we should be showing the door. Reach is still young, always fit and has room to develop.

IMO Loovens, Abdi, Matias, Jones, Boyd, Wallace, Hutch (always injured) need to be gone before we start shooting ourselves in foot and getting rid of one of our only few players who have been fit all season and a steady performer 

He's had 3 good months since he's joined. 

As the OP says, he doesn't have a position. The best way to describe him is a 5 a side player. Can play football, and is actually alright at it, but isn't suited to a position for 11 a side. . 

However he did carry us when he had his good 3 months. The problem is, he'll win POTY by default and there's no way he's going. 

10 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

Boro have had around 13m out of us for reach and rhodes .

Our recruitment has been part of the big problem here .

I feel sick everytime i think about that.

13 million pounds for 2 VERY average players