Reach - over not around

He would be the first player out of the door at the end of the season for me. 

He is a solid and consistent 6/10 performer. The problem is because he’s so constantly not bobbins, he’s shoe horned in to just about any position. Nobody actually knows what his best position is. He can’t tackle well enough for defence, he’s not direct enough in the last 3rd of the pitch to play as a number 10, the midfield lacks balance when he’s in there and he’s not quick enough on the wings. 

I honestly don’t think we’d miss him at all and he’s one of the few players we could get some cash for, so for me he’s got to go. If he stays we insist on him playing week in week out just because he’s got a good engine then we will be in for another meh season. 

If he was a sexual position, he would be missionary with your wife of 10 years. No spark, just going through the motions. 

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

He is a solid and consistent 6/10 performer. The problem is because he’s so constantly not bobbins, he’s shoe horned in to just about any position. Nobody actually knows what his best position is. He can’t tackle well enough for defence, he’s not direct enough in the last 3rd of the pitch to play as a number 10, the midfield lacks balance when he’s in there and he’s not quick enough on the wings. 

I honestly don’t think we’d miss him at all and he’s one of the few players we could get some cash for, so for me he’s got to go. If he stays we insist on him playing week in week out just because he’s got a good engine then we will be in for another meh season. 

If he was a sexual position, he would be missionary with your wife of 10 years. No spark, just going through the motions. 

Good man.

Well thought out.

We should keep Fox,Boyd, Butterfield, Jones,Loovens,e.t.c and get rid of Reach first.

Well done that man.

FFS.

• Haha 3

Guest Kagoshimaowl
15 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

He’s been garbage for two months.  Left side or bench for me.  

Personally I’d keep him.  He’s the perfect sub.  Lots of energy and can play in 3 or 4 positions.  He should be no more than that!

He isn’t the problem but he does need to find a position and play in it every week. I’m amazed we haven’t played him at LWB, especially tonight. 

I mean if if someone offered us silly money then sure, but they won’t. 

Young, athletic, can play football. Seems like an odd choice for first one out the door to me... 

• Thanks 1

If he is indeed average at best...but looks one of our most consistent players. What's that day about the others?

Why would one of the few  players who has shown ANY decent form and played in 49 games in all comps, be first name out the door...when we have some players who can't put two back to back performances together without needing a breather?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

If he is indeed average at best...but looks one of our most consistent players. What's that day about the others?

Why would one of the few  players who has shown ANY decent form and played in 49 games in all comps, be first name out the door...when we have some players who can't put two back to back performances together without needing a breather?

Why keep a player who we can’t find the right position for? 

All the other players you’re alluding to, of those, who would we get a fee for to reinvest in to the squad? None. 

26 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

The world has gone mad!

Personally I think the bloke's knackered and it was written all over tonight.

Agreed, he was shying away from challenges and his touch was poor at times but the lad's played 90mins or best part of for months on end now and IMO been the spine of the team, especially since Bannan's been out.

• Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

Why keep a player who we can’t find the right position for? 

I think one of the major factors in him not nailing one position is that so many of his team mates are made of glass. 

Would he have played central midfield if Lee, Bannan,  Hutchinson had been fit?  Would he have played left back last season if Pudil and Fox hadn't been so under par?

Would he have played in 'the hole' if Hooper,  Fernando,  Matias,  Abdi had been fit?

There's been spells he could have done with a rest himself. (Like now) But hasn't had the chance. He'd Probably like to have a set role. He hasn't had chance , mainly because other people couldn't play. 

He's just done whatevers been asked from him. 

And though it might have been a bad season. He's probably going to win player of the year.  And looking around the rest of the squad,  it's pretty hard to disagree really. IMO anyway.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2