Is something not right about Jos?

20 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

I mean.. We are 17th, still not mathematically safe with 4 games to spare and our form under his tenure has still been a horror show. 

I think you're giving him a great deal of credit by suggesting he's "guided us away" from anything. Id say its more that we've fell over the line thanks to Nuhiu suddenly turning into a footballer and a brief Bannan cameo. 

All fair points...so where do we go?

He's already into planning for next season.

WTF!?

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

I suppose he has guided us away from danger as required. But in terms of getting us up my gut feel is that he is not the man.

I think anyone could have guided us away from the danger zone...he did go about 8 games without a win.  We've avoided getting dragged into a relegation fight due to the utter dross below us; not anything Jos has done.  

18 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

We don't half have some idiots following this team. Anyone calling for Jos's head is one.

So a fan can't have an opinion on the teams manager and if they do, and want him out they are idiots ? Really? 

I could just say anyone wanting him to stay is an idiot and devoid of any ambition ...... but I won't as every fan has a right to opinion .

1 minute ago, WayneTheOwl said:

So a fan can't have an opinion on the teams manager and if they do, and want him out they are idiots ? Really? 

I could just say anyone wanting him to stay is an idiot and devoid of any ambition ...... but I won't as every fan has a right to opinion .

Well yes you are. You can have an opinion on him, but wanting him sacked is daft. 

He took over a sinking ship destined for relegation after Carlos and Bullen. He steadied it. But its not always going to be plain sailing. He's experimented a little. He deserves a chance next season after a full pre season and hopefully some new signings.

For what it's worth, I'm optimistic about next season. Think we'll finish top half easily.

37 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Well yes you are. You can have an opinion on him, but wanting him sacked is daft. 

He took over a sinking ship destined for relegation after Carlos and Bullen. He steadied it. But its not always going to be plain sailing. He's experimented a little. He deserves a chance next season after a full pre season and hopefully some new signings.

For what it's worth, I'm optimistic about next season. Think we'll finish top half easily.

I don't want him sacked I just want his contract to be up at the end of the season. He's not done anything to suggest he will take this club forward. If a rebuild for the future is what we think is needed then let's get in a forward thinking coach, who knows the English league. 

Even Pep Guardiola couldn't make footballers out of Jones, Palmer, Fox, Buttercup, Boyd and I'm sorry to say it but it's true Rhodes!

Runs to cupboard to find tin hat.helmet.jpg.c35fda520aa4c82d520509913a84e791.jpg

Edited by attyjake
add pic

1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

We don't half have some idiots following this team. Anyone calling for Jos's head is one.

@ramone moan moan flipping moan 10goals in last 5 games no attacking intent WTF do you want, Played Fessi, Joao and Adthe tonight.

Would Ossie Ardiles be attacking enough for you?

6 hours ago, M Royds said:

Word before was that Jos likes his defences tight. Would keep things tight at the back. 

The eveidence points to the complete opposite. We are leaking goals easily and can get overwhelmed, even with injuries slowly clearing up. 

I know building a team is a long process but a manger, whose reputation is on solid defending and keeping the opposition in check, it doesn’t seem to be turning out that way. 

Is Jos able to cut the mustard in the cut and thrust of English football?

We don't have quality defenders, the best of the lot is probably Loovens and that says it all 

Guest Bulgaria

He is foreign with a strange name so he must be a tactical genius right?

If it was a young English manager he would be staring at the sack.

7 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

I suppose he has guided us away from danger as required. But in terms of getting us up my gut feel is that he is not the man.

3 wins in 17 league games is hardly guiding us clear of danger...I think it’s more to do with the fact that the bottom 3/4 have been very very poor and never looked like picking points up.

Based on current form and our current points tally we would be in a mess if it was a normal season/scenario. Thankfully we have got away with one.

7 hours ago, M Royds said:

Word before was that Jos likes his defences tight. Would keep things tight at the back. 

The eveidence points to the complete opposite. We are leaking goals easily and can get overwhelmed, even with injuries slowly clearing up. 

I know building a team is a long process but a manger, whose reputation is on solid defending and keeping the opposition in check, it doesn’t seem to be turning out that way. 

Is Jos able to cut the mustard in the cut and thrust of English football?

NO !!!

6 hours ago, Rogers said:

I think anyone could have guided us away from the danger zone...he did go about 8 games without a win.  We've avoided getting dragged into a relegation fight due to the utter dross below us; not anything Jos has done.  

If we hadn’t won three on the bounce?