#SWFC players - will Jos already know?

#SWFC Player movement - will Jos Luhukay already know who he's keeping for next season and who he'll be moving out?

What about the players who on paper haven't played many games per season for us due to injuries?

I think personally that he'll already know who's going, who to try and sell and who to retain and like Jos says there's going to be some tough decisions made this summer regarding a few player favourites leaving that just haven't been on the pitch enough

I reckon he already knows so will already be planning replacements too

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

#SWFC Player movement - will Jos Luhukay already know who he's keeping for next season and who he'll be moving out?

What about the players who on paper haven't played many games per season for us due to injuries?

I think personally that he'll already know who's going, who to try and sell and who to retain and like Jos says there's going to be some tough decisions made this summer regarding a few player favourites leaving that just haven't been on the pitch enough

Hell have had input from bullpen and staff for those he hasn’t seen yet. Think we’ll be having abit of a shake up this summer quite looking forward to it 

He'll have done his homework on those who haven't played under him. No doubt he will have spoken with them to get to know what sort of people they are.

Not quite the same as having them out there on a match day but he will have a good idea about what's what.

Edited by OxonOwl

15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Well..get em named.

WTF!?

Theres no way we are going to offload Rhodes for instance....his confidence is shot, he's been under the radar for every other club on account of his poor scoring record and lack of appearances....

Is there a chance of him turning it around?..Yea...i'm sure there is, the fans have been more than patient, but next home game, watch him in the warm up....he just looks broken.

Joao/ he really has come on this season and is starting to fulfill his early promise...

Abdi?...f.ook knows, honestly , another who's game time has been minimal, clubs will have forgot he actually exists, so is it up to Jos to get him firing?

Nuhiu....nailed on new contract surely, the blokes virtually keeping us up single handed

If it comes to selling someone to buy someone...Its gotta be a keeper hasn't it?..but FFS..choose carefully this time instead of the sodding scattergun crap we have been doing

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He will know who he wants to get shut of, but getting rid of them will be a different story, 

I think when he talks about making difficult decisions he's perhaps refering to selling players who are both high earners and saleable assets.

We'll struggle to find takers willing to pay the wages of Hutch, Abdi, Rhodes, Fletcher etc. But there would certainly be intrest in Forestieri, Lees and Westwood; it wouldn't surprise me if one or more was sold in the summer.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

my GUESS (and that's all we can do) is they'll be a meeting where jos is asked what he wants, and needs?

then they'll have to draw up a list of players he wants to keep, and the club will tell him what realistically saleable assets we have to raise the cash to bring in his needs, 'cos yer can't have the penny and the bun jos'.

I think he will know about 80% of those he wants to keep and make the basis of his squad. He will know which of the out of contract players he wishes to resign (not many and won't include Hirst) He will have a short list of players/positions he wants to sign ( hopefully a left and right back,physical midfielder, pacey wideman and a young promising Div ! striker to add to Fessi, Big Dave, Joao and Hooper).

The club will have a target for those that they hope to receive a fee. Hirst for sure and a couple of these....Rhodes,Abdi,Winnall,Westwood or Wildsmith. add to these the release of Wallace, Jones and Boyd. Then we might be close to saving ourselves from FFP regs and then make some progress on the pitch

36 minutes ago, dnhc said:

my GUESS (and that's all we can do) is they'll be a meeting where jos is asked what he wants, and needs?

then they'll have to draw up a list of players he wants to keep, and the club will tell him what realistically saleable assets we have to raise the cash to bring in his needs, 'cos yer can't have the penny and the bun jos'.

who says he will even be here??

20 hours ago, brando said:

who says he will even be here??

20 hours ago, full fathom five said:

Hope Jos isn't here next season

my guess is dc didn't appoint him for 5 minutes.

he appointed him to improve upon the from we were showing, and it looks like we've stayed up despite very few first teamers being up for selection, maybe job done in the gaffer's eyes.