Family Fun Day info?

I'm looking at taking the Grandson. When I originally saw the post on official SWFC site it looked like it was just playing on the pitch but Grandson is only four so I ruled it out as it says you have to be 5 at least.

Then I've seen the map and it looks like there will be other things to do so might be worth going after all. Think I'm gonna go down at 10 and see what it's all about, I've just registered interest through the ticket office website.

Is anyone else going without having a child playing on the pitch? Or is there any more detailed info out there? Can't find anything else on website. Thanks.

22 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

I'm looking at taking the Grandson. When I originally saw the post on official SWFC site it looked like it was just playing on the pitch but Grandson is only four so I ruled it out as it says you have to be 5 at least.

Then I've seen the map and it looks like there will be other things to do so might be worth going after all. Think I'm gonna go down at 10 and see what it's all about, I've just registered interest through the ticket office website.

Is anyone else going without having a child playing on the pitch? Or is there any more detailed info out there? Can't find anything else on website. Thanks.

Third story on the OS. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSfXfq7snex--UiZ1GOnoD

lol

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2018/april/countdon-continues-to-wawaw-swfc150/

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2018/april/wawaw-fun-day-update/

43 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

Yeah seen both those, make no mention of activities other than treasure hunt, which you've also got to be at least 5 for apparently. No mention of the other activities which is what I was after.

Yeah it's a bit sketchy in terms of full details and not sure exactly what's going on really on the day

I hope there's plenty of indoor stuff given the weather forecast too

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, TommyCraig said:

Tickets are £39 each ,the chairmans autograph is £10 , players auotgraphs £10 and DC will happily pose for selfies at £15 a pop .

@TommyCraig Myself,  3 year old son and mother in law are going. 

I made it clear he was 3 when I emailed to register for the treasure hunt. They replied and gave us a 10.45 time slot and it didn't appear his age was an issue. However I had an email from the club earlier (seems like one they sent to all who expressed interest via the online ticket office) unless already booked on the treasure hunt it's now fully subscribed. Worth knowing about if anyone was hoping to turn up tomorrow and do it. 

As you say with regards the playing on the pitch they do have to be at least 5. I enquired if my son could've joined in with some of the activities with the youngest group with my supervision though this wasn't possible.

I can see from the map there is soft play and some other bits I'll take my son to. Might be worth if your grandson hasn't been in the ground before could be a good opportunity to take him to experience it when not too noisy and get some pics 

Though after we've done the treasure hunt, seen Ozzie and had some pics pitch side etc we'll probably head to the riverside or Wednesday tap for some lunch. 

Then return a little later in the afternoon as I'm playing in the staff v fans match. 

24 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No they're not mate

There's loads back this week

not sure then ,but mine are off till Monday ,usually all schools in Sheffield apart from catholic and private schools have same holiday ,but coal aston comes under Derbyshire and I know they are back at school 

1 hour ago, ReginaldD said:

@TommyCraig Myself,  3 year old son and mother in law are going. 

I made it clear he was 3 when I emailed to register for the treasure hunt. They replied and gave us a 10.45 time slot and it didn't appear his age was an issue. However I had an email from the club earlier (seems like one they sent to all who expressed interest via the online ticket office) unless already booked on the treasure hunt it's now fully subscribed. Worth knowing about if anyone was hoping to turn up tomorrow and do it. 

As you say with regards the playing on the pitch they do have to be at least 5. I enquired if my son could've joined in with some of the activities with the youngest group with my supervision though this wasn't possible.

I can see from the map there is soft play and some other bits I'll take my son to. Might be worth if your grandson hasn't been in the ground before could be a good opportunity to take him to experience it when not too noisy and get some pics 

Though after we've done the treasure hunt, seen Ozzie and had some pics pitch side etc we'll probably head to the riverside or Wednesday tap for some lunch. 

Then return a little later in the afternoon as I'm playing in the staff v fans match. 

Thanks for the info. He's been to every home game bar one this season and completely obsessed. Wish I'd seen the treasure hunt thing earlier but will still give it a go. Tbh if he gets a high five from a player the trip will have been worth it, he saw Lucas João in Law Bros garage the other day and if Thor and The Hulk had been there too, he'd have shouldered them out of the way to see Lucas :biggrin:

• Haha 1