Lee - Halo Effect?

2 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

If Reach got the same amount of goals that Lee did from the same playing position he would attract half the criticism he does. 

He just needs to add that bit of aggressiveness to his game and be less timid, his positional play and reading of the game will come with age / more experience. 

I like Lee and we miss him a great deal.

However he played his best when the team was flying.

I don’t think Lee has had to try and carry a patched up team like Reach has been doing this season.

Lee is a better centre midfielder than Reach because he reads the game a lot better however Reach is a better wide player than Lee as anybody who saw Lee play wide right will know 

Kieran wasn’t the same player last time he came back from injury but was still playing with his injury by the looks of things. A fully fit KL from a couple of seasons back is arguably the best player at the club. 

4 hours ago, EBRAwe'rebarmy said:

When Kieran Lee was playing, he never attracted the type of posts criticising his performance that we see for our other midfielders, especially Adam Reach.  Even now, we still see lots of posts lamenting his absence.  It seems the longer he’s out, the better he was.  All this, despite the fact that he isn’t from Oldham; he’s a bit lightweight; his touch isn’t that golden; he gets caught in possession too often; he can’t do anything; and he gives the ball away a lot with poor passes.

What is it?  Is it because he run around lot?

Are you ok?

I don't like these kind of threads. 

Players don't play on paper and words and opinions don't mean a thing. No matter how well someone writes an argument to run a player down, it means nothing because football is enjoyed live.

And I've seen enough of Lee to see not only how fantastic he is as an individual but the effect he has on his team mates. 

A very infectious player. 

10 minutes ago, Beholder said:

I don't like these kind of threads. 

Players don't play on paper and words and opinions don't mean a thing. No matter how well someone writes an argument to run a player down, it means nothing because football is enjoyed live.

And I've seen enough of Lee to see not only how fantastic he is as an individual but the effect he has on his team mates. 

A very infectious player. 

I don't like the sound of that. If he's that infectious maybe C....s wasn't to blame for all the sick note

s?

We need 10 other players like Lee and another 20 to cover when they are injured.

Lee is a good player, but some people on hear think he is the messiah, Reach is quality and rarely picks up an injury so better value to the club and contributes well. 

Some people are always looking to pull Reach down, just don't get it, I would rather have Reach available for 40+ games than Lee for maybe 15.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EBRAwe'rebarmy said:

When Kieran Lee was playing, he never attracted the type of posts criticising his performance that we see for our other midfielders, especially Adam Reach.  Even now, we still see lots of posts lamenting his absence.  It seems the longer he’s out, the better he was.  All this, despite the fact that he isn’t from Oldham; he’s a bit lightweight; his touch isn’t that golden; he gets caught in possession too often; he can’t do anything; and he gives the ball away a lot with poor passes.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, EBRAwe'rebarmy said:

What an idiot.

8 hours ago, EBRAwe'rebarmy said:

This boys a fool. 

010DFEAD-1532-4328-A11C-50B21F9B666A.jpeg

When i asked about his injury at owls in the park he said im fine, im back soon and no im not sick of people asking..in hindsight it made no sense seen as whats happened since..not that id expect him to disclose anything but his hips been screwed for over a year

Edited by HIGHERSTATE

The OP makes some good points. Now Lee is a good footballer but nowhere near as good as some think he is. He isn't box to box, he doesn't spray the box across the pitch, he isn't commanding in the air, doesn't have that change of pace and makes poor decisions with the goal at his mercy. He has played many a good game for Wednesday but equally has had some stinkers that see him hiding in games.

Edited by Ronnie Starling