hirst to united

15 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

And that could have been the invaluable opportunity he needed to prove himself at Championship level and secure himself a first team deal here or elsewhere. Instead, he's played next to no competitive football for a season at this crucial stage of his nascent career, whilst we've been crying out for reinforcements during our injury crisis. It's a shame the way things have worked out for all involved, really. 

I hope I am proved wrong but I can't help but feel he will look back on this season with regret in terms of where his career goes. Nearly a full season lost at 18 and 19 is as bad an age as any.  If he was 25 and proven and out for a season with injury or whatever he would come back no doubt but at his age.......  It's probably worse that he has been fit all season and kicking his heels not playing.  At least if he had been injured there would have been nothing that could have been done about it.

Edited by Etchesketch

8 hours ago, Will69 said:

Leicester to up what offer? Have they offered a contract to Hirst then? Sauce?

Just conjecture mate. One constant of all this has been Leicester interest. Now we're getting to crunch time my guess is that Hirst's agents are trying to squeeze every penny they can (which is their job of course)

8 hours ago, scram said:

I've heard he is going abroad tbh - not the source I would put my house on but its plausible

Interesting. Would maximise signing on fee which I am sorry to say I do think might be a factor in all this.

Scram, now he's 19 and not a total barn anymore, what sort of level you see him progressing to?

7 hours ago, Will69 said:

I have actually failed to read between the lines haven’t i?

I assume that the FIFA system of tribunal would apply if he moved abroad at the end of his contract, rather than the PFCC system here in England? So the fee to us would be less? Then the club where he is parked for half a season or so would earn a tidy bonus for selling him back to England and his agent would make a nice sum?

Yup, plausible. It’s happened before...

Interesting... but sounds v close to a deliberate breach of the rules ... Not saying it doenst happen but it's a dangerous game 

5 hours ago, dfoster said:

Interesting. Would maximise signing on fee which I am sorry to say I do think might be a factor in all this.

Scram, now he's 19 and not a total barn anymore, what sort of level you see him progressing to?

It's hard to say and in truth the only way that will be known is by him getting his chance to play at whatever level

I think a solid season on loan this season would have given more accurate pointers - but it's still a minefield to predict how far an untested player at that age can go

I remember when Josh McEachran looked like he was gonna dominate England and Chelsea midfield for years to come - before he actually got to that level and bombed - then I remember seeing him in the championship and thinking he would never play regularly at that level because he looked so off the pace

Now he seems to have found his level in mid level championship - but it's taken a long time for him to settle

Either way GH now needs proper first team exposure - it won't be in the premier league so it's likely gonna be on loan at the best club he can get

1 hour ago, scram said:

It's hard to say and in truth the only way that will be known is by him getting his chance to play at whatever level

I think a solid season on loan this season would have given more accurate pointers - but it's still a minefield to predict how far an untested player at that age can go

I remember when Josh McEachran looked like he was gonna dominate England and Chelsea midfield for years to come - before he actually got to that level and bombed - then I remember seeing him in the championship and thinking he would never play regularly at that level because he looked so off the pace

Now he seems to have found his level in mid level championship - but it's taken a long time for him to settle

Either way GH now needs proper first team exposure - it won't be in the premier league so it's likely gonna be on loan at the best club he can get

And the sad thing in all this is that our injury-decimated season should have presented him with a golden opportunity to play first team football in the Championship, potentially benefitting both him and our club.

It seems like it's been a missed opportunity all round, really.

Would be a mistake for him to go to United.Mourinho hasnot got reputation for using young players and he would not get a game.Would be farmed out on loan but can not seeit being succesful forhim. Few premier clubs have good reputation with young players and at his age he is no longer in academy class. Having said that I would be surprised if went to United he has talent but needs games to progress probably a couple of seasons at lower level,donot thinkthis makes him as good a proposition as he was a couple of years ago.

21 hours ago, scram said:

All academies get funding from the PL/EFL

I do agree that the ridiculous price-capping needs to be dropped - they wouldn't dare try to put such restriction in place for all transfers

Don't really see why youth development players such be different tbh

I’m glad they’ve listened to me. Good on them. Impressed with how quickly they reacted. lol

Absolutely brilliant for GH. Wednesday have made his life an absolute misery. 

He deserves to be at a proper club where the manager not the owner picks the team. 

JL should have stood up to the owner and picked GH regardless. The manager should pick the team. The same goes for cc. I suspect his life was also made a misery by the owner. 

Good luck to GH if the move to a big club happens. 

It will come as quite a shock being around other players  rather than micky mouse. I'm sure hell soon forget Wednesday. 

As for us its another in a long line of  missed opportunities. 

And once again Wednesday have created all the problems themselves. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

He deserves to be at a proper club where the manager not the owner picks the team. 

JL should have stood up to the owner and picked GH regardless. The manager should pick the team. The same goes for cc. I suspect his life was also made a misery by the owner. 

It will come as quite a shock being around other players  rather than micky mouse. I'm sure hell soon forget Wednesday. 

Let it go Dave..........ffs

7 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

Yeah couldn’t agree more, making the lad a contract offer bigger than any other academy player previously at the club , and still leaving it on the table after his teams refusal to even talk is a sure fire way of making someone’s life a misery 

cannot believe how the club have acted on this one, absolutely shameful 

11 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Yeah couldn’t agree more, making the lad a contract offer bigger than any other academy player previously at the club , and still leaving it on the table after his teams refusal to even talk is a sure fire way of making someone’s life a misery 

cannot believe how the club have acted on this one, absolutely shameful 

What was shameful was the fact that we were interested in Paul Scholes, but didn't match Man Utd's valuation by a million or so.

With the benefit of hindsight, I'd have carried Hirst on my back to Old Trafford, and carried Scholes back the other way.

53 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

lol

57 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

This a wind up I assume?

14 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I can't help but think that he can't be that far off breaking into our first team squad if only he were happy to stay here, though.

After the way he has been treated he won't be happy to stay here.