hirst to united

7 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Maybe all clubs outside of the Premier League should get a contribution to the running of their academies from PL clubs. 

Seems only fair as inevitably, that’s where any top prospects produced by non-Premiership clubs end up. The PL has it all sewn up hasn’t it? No wonder they want a closed shop. Quite a cartel.

All academies get funding from the PL/EFL

I do agree that the ridiculous price-capping needs to be dropped - they wouldn't dare try to put such restriction in place for all transfers

Don't really see why youth development players such be different tbh

At least it will make David Hirst slightly more interesting after he's had a few at social gatherings.  At least for a month or two anyway.

In fact it would be quite funny if Barcelona are in for young George after a promising start and he decides to stay and goes on to bore the s hit out of anyone who'll listen for the rest of his life.

17 minutes ago, scram said:

Whatever the tribunal decides

I can totally understand why people are confused by it all. We have had decades of ‘transfer value’ or ‘transfer fee’ being ascribed to players, then the Bosman ruling came into force too. The fact that FIFA and the FA have slightly different ways to handle compensation of players unders set age limits whose contracts come to an end and so on.

I would assume Katrien will be the club’s representative on any potential PFCC meeting? Given her legal background and role at the club? Obviously the people who make up the PFCC panel will be secret until after any tribunal.

To add a bit of perspective to this where Manchester United are concerned (as lots of other ‘tribunal’ fees have already been outlined too) only 12 months ago a PFCC tribunal set a fee of £1m for West Ham to pay ‘up front’ for Ashley Fletcher, to Man United. There was also an appearance clause inserted that could mean the final fee could rise to £2m. This took eight months from him signing for the Hammers to the tribunal fee being set, by which point he had played in the Premier League and Europe for West Ham. He was of course an England U20 player whilst at Man United, who had acquired him themselves from Bolton and who had loaned him to Barnsley where he had made considerable appearances leading to a new contract being offered by a Man United. There was known interest from Leeds in his services, before he chose West Ham, all which went into the PFCC thinking.

Knowing that, do people genuinely think a PFCC panel will award us £2 or £3 million plus a considerable sell on clause for a striker from a lower league club? Sorry, I just can’t see it. Hopefully Man United will offer us a fair and decent compensation package to avoid it going to a tribunal but this whole ‘Katrien says it will never go to a tribunal’ line is fantasy. She simply doesn’t have that power, unless she provides Hirst with a contract he will sign or she accepts a compensation package from a club, which in itself if true says to club’s out there “I am ready to accept anything” if you ask me. It’s a weakness at the least, when it comes to the compensation conversation. 

I could be wrong but this article read to me like his agent trying to push Leicester to up their offer.

I have seen the lad play and in my humble opinion he is simply not a Man Utd player. 

That said, If he does have the opportunity, the good luck to him and he would be a fool to say no.

21 minutes ago, dfoster said:

I could be wrong but this article read to me like his agent trying to push Leicester to up their offer.

I have seen the lad play and in my humble opinion he is simply not a Man Utd player. 

That said, If he does have the opportunity, the good luck to him and he would be a fool to say no.

Leicester to up what offer? Have they offered a contract to Hirst then? Sauce?

2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

What's the point in asking for a source when the whole thread is based on a putative mirror article?

WTF!?

Because there may be one? I’ve obviously heard that the Foxes are interested and had made a transfer offer in the window, which was declined. I just wondered where news that a contract has certainly been offered by them has come from.

Not an unreasonable question IMHO.

3 hours ago, Tank_owl said:

Good luck to him. I'll say now he'll be nowhere near the manure 1st team for at least 3years if ever.

But a lot richer than he would be staying at Hillsbro probably. With Doyen filling his head with pound signs , its nailed on he will be off. 

15 minutes ago, scram said:

I've heard he is going abroad tbh - not the source I would put my house on but its plausible

Not completely unheard of. Bayern particularly have a machine geared up to take young players on a chance, and have taken British players before now.

He will know players such as Harper (Real), Guald (Sporting Lisbon), McEachran (Vitesse), Aneke (Zulte) etc are carving a path in decent leagues and teams abroad. And there are shed loads in North America too for that matter. Then there are the club’s in Europe that have links to the likes of Man United where he could go and be taken up by a big club if he flourishes.

A move abroad would certainly be an option to him these days wouldn’t it?

58 minutes ago, scram said:

I've heard he is going abroad tbh - not the source I would put my house on but its plausible

I have actually failed to read between the lines haven’t i?

I assume that the FIFA system of tribunal would apply if he moved abroad at the end of his contract, rather than the PFCC system here in England? So the fee to us would be less? Then the club where he is parked for half a season or so would earn a tidy bonus for selling him back to England and his agent would make a nice sum?

Yup, plausible. It’s happened before...

29 minutes ago, Will69 said:

I have actually failed to read between the lines haven’t i?

I assume that the FIFA system of tribunal would apply if he moved abroad at the end of his contract, rather than the PFCC system here in England? So the fee to us would be less? Then the club where he is parked for half a season or so would earn a tidy bonus for selling him back to England and his agent would make a nice sum?

Yup, plausible. It’s happened before...

Could be dangerously close to the rationale of a move abroad...

5 hours ago, Will69 said:

Not completely unheard of. Bayern particularly have a machine geared up to take young players on a chance, and have taken British players before now.

He will know players such as Harper (Real), Guald (Sporting Lisbon), McEachran (Vitesse), Aneke (Zulte) etc are carving a path in decent leagues and teams abroad. And there are shed loads in North America too for that matter. Then there are the club’s in Europe that have links to the likes of Man United where he could go and be taken up by a big club if he flourishes.

A move abroad would certainly be an option to him these days wouldn’t it?

Yeah, I suppose Hirst might look at the way McEachran and Aneke's spells abroad helped them on their way to becoming first team players for Brentford and MK Dons respectively and see a similar path for himself.

I can't help but think that he can't be that far off breaking into our first team squad if only he were happy to stay here, though.

13 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yeah, I suppose Hirst might look at the way McEachran and Aneke's spells abroad helped them on their way to becoming first team players for Brentford and MK Dons respectively and see a similar path for himself.

I can't help but think that he can't be that far off breaking into our first team squad if only he were happy to stay here, though.

With the injury crisis and if he had been fit and firing on all cylinders I am sure he would have played some part this season.  Forestieri, Fletcher, Hooper all out, Rhodes out of form and Joao and Nuhiu becoming first choice strikers you can't help but feel he would have been on the bench at least a number of times.

7 minutes ago, Etchesketch said:

With the injury crisis and if he had been fit and firing on all cylinders I am sure he would have played some part this season.  Forestieri, Fletcher, Hooper all out, Rhodes out of form and Joao and Nuhiu becoming first choice strikers you can't help but feel he would have been on the bench at least a number of times

And that could have been the invaluable opportunity he needed to prove himself at Championship level and secure himself a first team deal here or elsewhere. Instead, he's played next to no competitive football for a season at this crucial stage of his nascent career, whilst we've been crying out for reinforcements during our injury crisis. It's a shame the way things have worked out for all involved, really.