hirst to united

5 minutes ago, Will69 said:

Easy move for Man United too. They see young England international rotting away in the reserves of a lower division club, out of contract, decent reports from the England camp and his dad repeating the story about how he wished he’d joined Man United and bang, sign him up.

At the very worst they will lose a couple of million in wages to the player and a spot of compensation up front to us (but not a lot). If it works out ok they sell him on an recoup their money, if he turns out to be a worldly they’ve taken a chance and reaped a reward.

Makes perfect sense all round.

Exactly this, its just printing money for man utd, the fact hes already done well an various levels for england, son of an ex prem star, add to that the media friendly story of him living out his dads dream. They could sit him on phones in ticket office after theyve signed him and some idiot like moyes at west ham will one day give them 10 million quid for him.

5 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

We'll get about 2m in compo for him. 

Maybe a sell on fee in the tribunal too.

The PFFCC record fee is £6.5m upfront plus £1.5m in clauses isn’t it? That was for Ings a couple of years ago, even after Burnley has turned down £12m offer prior.

So £2m seems way too high to me.

Guest wilyfox

Fair dos. Resigned to losing him and Clare anyway. So long as the club get fair compensation. Clare made his senior breakthrough this season, and Hirst is back playing and scoring for England. Should be 7-figures for each - especially Hirst. 

3 minutes ago, Will69 said:

The PFFCC record fee is £6.5m upfront plus £1.5m in clauses isn’t it? That was for Ings a couple of years ago, even after Burnley has turned down £12m offer prior.

So £2m seems way too high to me.

Yes but the 12m was seen as not market value at the time.

He's a young, English player who has scored goals for international teams. It'll be £2m 

Guest wilyfox

For those saying we'll get peanuts, we really shouldn't be. He whole point of changes to the tribunal system was to stop top-flight clubs pinching young talent out-of-contract from divisions below, and to ensure clubs got fair remuneration for developing their potential. We should get significant fees. 

31 minutes ago, poite said:

Yeah. Cos staying here was getting him loads of opportunities to play.

We're a total joke of club who are run as badly as pretty much any club I can think of. 

Good luck to George. Can't blame him for wanted to be as far away from us as possible. 

Wow that is the biggest load of poo I think I've read on here, when all this started we were looking like we could go up.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

For those saying we'll get peanuts, we really shouldn't be. He whole point of changes to the tribunal system was to stop top-flight clubs pinching young talent out-of-contract from divisions below, and to ensure clubs got fair remuneration for developing their potential. We should get significant fees. 

Yes and a significant sell on fee if he's moved on eventually.

14 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Yes but the 12m was seen as not market value at the time.

He's a young, English player who has scored goals for international teams. It'll be £2m 

The committee who oversee the process don’t work off “market value” though. The committee takes into account past and future factors, the club’s have to prove their own case to them. For example Ings was a proven international, known goal scorer, established first team player with future England and Liverpool first team appearances almost certainly guaranteed (at the time of the transfer). Burnley could also take evidence of a £12m Spurs offer to the committee as evidence of how much they stood to lose. Burnley were a lower league club being offered transfer fees from the Premiership, just like us, but the difference in players was VAST. We will be going to them with a player who has virtually no first team appearances at a lower level, no first team international appearances and literally no hints that he will progress to the first team for club or country. Added to that the £2m offer we rejected (if true) we don’t have a strong a case as you seem sure of if you ask me. I dunno.

Either way it will be interesting to find out who we send to represent us.

Edited by Guest

27 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Problem is the sell on fee becomes a bit less relevant if its a club like United. If he makes it, he will just stay with them. 

I guess a games played add on  would be more relevant. 

If this is true, and given who Man U have in their first team and youth team it looks as though George Hirst’s career will start when he’s about 22 after Man U have released him. It’s a shame. We saw yesterday how a young lad should develop his career. I think he was still 17, having fought to hold down a first team place in a good footballing team, at the right level, and now probably the best young left winger i’ve seen in years. I don’t know the background so I can’t comment, but my sense is that George won’t thank his dad for all the terrible advice he’s received. 

6 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

If he's out of contract we'll get next to nothing. Problem for him is he doesn't realise he'll never play a major game for Manure.

If he is owt like his dad, of course he will. 

David Hirst was as good as Lukaku is. Better in my opinion. 

Edited by Beholder

20 minutes ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

Yes and a significant sell on fee if he's moved on eventually.

45 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I am almost certain “sell on clauses” are not always added to his transfer by PFCC. He’s out of contract, Man United offer him terms, he signs, we get compensation that has an upfront fee plus add ons such as compensation if he makes X number of first team appearances for them or earns a full cap for England. I may be wrong but I’ve never come across a tribunal forcing sell on clauses into tribunal agreements by PFCC committee? Of course this may be agreed by the club’s directly and the PFCC intervention may not be needed.

@scram will be able to comment.

The committee take into account how much he cost us to sign, money we spent training him (education and welfare costs etc), first team appearances, international progression. They also consider substantial and proven interest from other clubs but we have to provide evidence of this. The length of time spent here and the terms of what we offered in the rejected contract will also play a part.

So I simply can’t see this £2m figure being banded about but I could be wrong.

Edited by Guest

6 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

If he's out of contract we'll get next to nothing. Problem for him is he doesn't realise he'll never play a major game for Manure.

Will he care?

surely he’ll be looking at the opportunity. It’s a challenge for him but he will be surrounded by some of the best coaches and staff, in some of the best facilities in the country. 

He’ll be starting with players around his age, not thrown straight into the first team. He has proven that he can score goals at that level, what an opportunity to try and make the step up

Think some people need to take their Wednesday specs off for a minute, you’d be an idiot to turn down an opportunity like that at his age and with his reputation.

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
10 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Problem for him is he doesn't realise he'll never play a major game for Manure.

Impossible to foresee how it will turn out. For every Rashford, there's a Will Keane and James Wilson. In Hirst's favour, he doesn't have the injury history of the latter two. 

10 minutes ago, Will69 said:

The committee who oversee the process don’t work off “market value” though. The committee takes into account past and future factors, the club’s have to prove their own case to them. For example Ings was a proven international, known goal scorer, established first team player with future England and Liverpool first team appearances almost certainly guaranteed (at the time of the transfer). Burnley could also take evidence of a £12m Spurs offer to the committee as evidence of how much they stood to lose. Burnley were a lower league club being offered transfer fees from the Premiership, just like us, but the difference in players was VAST. We will be going to them with a player who has virtually no first team appearances at a lower level, no first team international appearances and literally no hints that he will progress to the first team for club or country. Added to that the £2m offer we rejected (if true) we don’t have a strong a case as you seem sure of if you ask me. I dunno.

Either way it will be interesting to find out who we send to represent us.

The board do take into account market value. The interest has to be substantiated (their words). In Ings' cause, the £12m offered was disregarded as a desperate attempt by Spurs to pay over the odds to sign the player, therefore not seen as a substantiated offer. It was not considered by the committee when the transfer fee was discussed. The previous bids of £6m were used as the base instead. We have our base that we rejected 3 (?) bids worth between £1.5- 2m for him, indicating IMO his value which we will receive no less than. 

You are right in terms of quality of player of course. However, potential of the player is taken into question too, despite how hard it is to gauge this correctly. He has scored tons of goals at youth level for club and country, and lets be honest he will get a high recommendation from his English coaches if the committee asks them for their opinions on the matter. Who knows what will happen, however I'd be confident that we'll receive an upfront 7 figure sum. Then there is question of add-ons. Seems that sell on clauses are trypically not used, but we could easily see add-ons for club and international appearances/goals included.

Not sure who we'll send.