Wildsmith

9 hours ago, trask43 said:

I dont really want to scapegoat the lad hes been impressive at times this season but the ball for first goal comes a long way and he just misjudges the flight of the ball and gets caught under it meaning he cant get much of a punch on it. The second is as poor as you'll see at this level he fumbles a tame shot but still has the chance to react to knock it out for a corner and instead knocks it straight back out into a dangerous area. It would be harsh to blame him for the third as you said the cross comes from inside the area the fullback needs to do more and the back post defended better but its a quality cross.

He's still a young kid

Error's by keepers will always be magnified because they usually result in goals

I'm just glad the club are starting to produce players capable to play at first team level

Some of our supporters can't wait to pull players down

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Error rate far too high for what we need right now. 

I called it months ago and got slammed from pillar to post by academy apologists for it. Bumping threads and tagging me after an error free game

I said it then and I’ll say it again now. Needs to be out on loan playing 40 odd games a season, as does Dawson

Wildsmith has made many excellent saves and won us points. He is one for the future, without doubt. But he has also made basic errors and cost us points. Young goalkeepers do - I go back to Bob Bolder and Chris Turner just starting out. But he needs a rest and Dawson deserves a chance.

Either way, anyone who believed we can release Westwood is misguided. I personally hope Dawson and Wildsmith merely fight it out next season to be sub keeper, both understudies to Westwood.

3 hours ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

Players will always have good and bad games. Got to judge him over the season, not one or two games.

Wildsmith has had a lot more good than bad, even in some of the losses he's managed to keep the score respectable.

You can't carry keepers who make this many basic errors.