So Jos in or out at the end of the season??

Given the hand he was dealt he has done a pretty decent job...................but overall i am nudging towards out.

A bit too cautious for my liking and his one signing so far has hardly filled me with optimism, BUT it`s all immaterial as i think he is nailed on to still be here next season.

18 hours ago, Essix Blue said:

He has a history of gaining promotion in an inferior league to this one. 

Absolutely this, but add to that, he did it with teams who were expected to gain promotion and once promoted were quick to get rid of him. I wosh people would look a little more closely at his time as a coach in Germany rather than just parrot what a few say/taken from his wiki page. 

11 hours ago, Rogers said:

If we could get Dean Smith, then get rid. 

but it’s pretty obvious he’s staying; just hope the negative tactics disappear with a full squad at his disposal 

What would be the point of going for another unproven manager?

if we did get rid of Jos - it’s time we stopped mucking about taking chances on unknowns - pay the dollar and get a man in whos proven he can get teams into the Prem

8 hours ago, fatzooma said:

If Pelupessy is the calibre of payer we’ll be signing then it’s a definite No. not sure I would want a team full of unknown European players.Too risky

I dont think he had anything to do with the budget allocation to buy this player

Im sure he would have bought Kante if he could

8 hours ago, Essix Blue said:

What would be the point of going for another unproven manager?

if we did get rid of Jos - it’s time we stopped mucking about taking chances on unknowns - pay the dollar and get a man in whos proven he can get teams into the Prem

get Mcarthy in lively,bloke works with no cash,what I fear we will need next year

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hawksmore said:

Absolutely this, but add to that, he did it with teams who were expected to gain promotion and once promoted were quick to get rid of him. I wosh people would look a little more closely at his time as a coach in Germany rather than just parrot what a few say/taken from his wiki page. 

Yes I suppose 2/.5 years and 2/.75 years at different clubs constitutes a short spell maybe you should look a little more closely at his time in Germany.??

30 minutes ago, Hughthecone said:

Yes I suppose 2/.5 years and 2/.75 years at different clubs constitutes a short spell maybe you should look a little more closely at his time in Germany.??

Apart from what you’ve read on Wikipedia you know nuttin pal. 

Really not sure. Fundamentally I don't think 3-5-2 has been quite right for us. We don't have the wing backs (though Hunt has done better than some fans give credit for). And now we have FF back options to play a front three or at least FF (or failing that Reach or Matias) behind a front two come into play. I'd like to see him try this. In so far as he has departed from 3-5-2 it's been in a negative direction.

But there have clearly been positives too.

I don't see how anyone can be dogmatic on either side

He's not for me.

Refuses to attack. Constantly picks the wrong team. Is persisting with a system/shape that clearly doesn't suit us. Refuses to make substitutions to change a game. We've rolled over against some of the poorest sides i've ever seen in this league. He's supposed to be a motivator, does that translate to what we're getting on the pitch? 

I didn;t think he was what was needed when we hired him. Everyone in the football world was calling him to be defensive/negative manager that preferred caution. it wasn't what was needed. We were a side that had kept clean sheet records in each of the 3 previous seasons. We needed a different type of manager in my opinion.

Having said that, you simply cant get rid. Its not fair. You have to give him the opportunity to work with the full package and to bring his own players in. So far, he's onl brought in Joey who i'm not sure about. Seems to offer very little. I'm not holding out much hope for next season. Personally, all I can see is Alan Irvine mkII.

I'll be delighted if i'm proven wrong. 

I do like Jos and given the probs he has faced in his short time here hes done a steady job...but we need a good Championship manager who knows the league and more important how to bring in bargain players maybe from lower divisions, i feel that is a better way to go instead of unproven foreign players, we need a good mix of youth and experience.

4 hours ago, thewookieisdown said:

Really not sure. Fundamentally I don't think 3-5-2 has been quite right for us. We don't have the wing backs (though Hunt has done better than some fans give credit for). And now we have FF back options to play a front three or at least FF (or failing that Reach or Matias) behind a front two come into play. I'd like to see him try this. In so far as he has departed from 3-5-2 it's been in a negative direction.

But there have clearly been positives too.

I don't see how anyone can be dogmatic on either side

He will know we need 2 wing backs as he would be fcuking blind he if didn't! With regards to whether he is the man to take us forwards as I have said all along get a fully fit squad with a PROPER pre-season behind them and then judge him. Some on here think we have a god given right to walk all over teams and march straight to the title, this has and never will be the case IMHO.

A strong start to the new season so we are in the top 3 at the end of September instead of our usual playing catch up and I honestly believe we will kick on and get automatic, but the key to this will be the comings and goings in the coming weeks/months.

I literally can't believe so many people would like to see Big Mick at the club.

• Stoneage hoofball
  • Predictable and boring signings from his small knowledge base of British players
  • Fighting with the fans
  • Negative tactics

Attendances at Portman Road have halved since he went there.  We can do so much better.