So Jos in or out at the end of the season??

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

I don't buy the theory that he 'deserves a chance'.  I might "deserve a chance', but then again I don't have the credentials to put a promotion winning side together. 

So he'd be more deserving of a chance because he does know how to !

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
4 minutes ago, vulva said:

I don't buy the theory that he 'deserves a chance'.  I might "deserve a chance', but then again I don't have the credentials to put a promotion winning side together. 

Fair point about 'deserves'but personally he's a keep for me in the interests of the club.

2 hours ago, Owls77 said:

Changing him will be a disaster, a new manager will not bring instant success.

I’m undecided about Jos, but I’m not sure I agree wth you here. If Big mick took over  when the season ended in May I don’t see why he’d do any worse than Jos next season. It wouldn’t take a manager who knows the championship long to assess his squad and to know what players are needed. And he’d have 2 months to work with the players. Jos hasn’t been able to work much with our best players anyway 

Edited by Southie_Owl

He has proved that he is a competent 2nd division manager. The only logical reason for him to be removed would be if someone better is available. I think providing our chairman is prepared to fund some more decent purchases there is no reason why we should not be play off contenders next year with Jos as manager. 

2 hours ago, Walt said:

What was the point in only giving him the job only for a few months? Jos will now know the issues at the club regarding which players are good enough, which players are fit enough to play regular Championship football, what positions need strengthening, what the financial situation is and have a very good idea of this league's standard. It would seem a pretty dumb thing to do, to let him go at the end of the season and start all over again with a new bloke.

does anyone actually know if he was just given the job for a few months or is that just gonads

Since his arrival you have to ask yourself this. Has he had his best 11 to pick from?

The answer is clearly not. He's had to swap and change most weeks through injury, and he's just got on with it. 

Personally, I did criticise him after the Ipswich game for his apparent lack of motivation, but looking at the reality, he surely deserves a crack with a fully fit squad doesn't he?

I think it depends what team we are trying to construct. If we play a cautious, defensive style like the last two seasons, and break teams down tactically by conceding possession and winning by the odd goal, we may as well stay with Jos.

If we look at teams who play with pace and offensively in a more traditional style, we need a warnock type or younger lower league manager like Wilder.

The decision might be taken out of our hands anyway.

Apparently, Swansea are getting fed up with Carlos’ “throw another leek in the stewpot” phrase along with his recent racist comment “there are good sheep, good Welsh sheep, but sometimes a black sheep upsets the flock, and that is no good for the butcher’s waggon”.

They’ve already made tentative enquiries about Jos’ availability, and it’s well known that he too has Swansea connections. Alan Curtis once stayed at his mother’s B&B, and Jos has remained a little Swansea fan ever since, following all their results and many European campaigns.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, fredmciverslovechild said:

Well, after the nonsense of a few good results it's nice to know things are back to normal on here.

Yep, some good results..but lets be reyt we could easily have lost a couple of em.

Plus he's gone and got Bannan injured now, not fit enough shouldn't be playing when semi fit..lol

It's an out from me, far too negativenessation

3 hours ago, Lichfield alien said:

Ginger?? Wtf are you on about you grade A weapon

It's the way you post with unreasonable panic everytime results go against us. You are ginger in my head, deal with it.

Grade A weapon? I'd certainly destroy you pal  

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Pulsar said:

It's the way you post with unreasonable panic everytime results go against us. You are ginger in my head, deal with it.

Grade A weapon? I'd certainly destroy you pal  

Ginger in my head. Made me laugh. lol