Jump to content

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Not having that. Butterfield is an easy target and not exactly set the world on fire but he did ok when he came on today.

If someone were to give him a contract at S6 we might as well pack in.

total waste of space.

you can add Jones and Fox to that list too.We need to get rid.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Butterface is awful a passenger in his best appearances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought he was ball watching a couple of times yesterday (like I thought Reach also did.)  Other times I thought he did ok.  That miss though, unforgivable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Butterfield made the pass of the match (from a Wednesday perspective). 

He also made a couple of dire passes, but in an hour he misplaced less than Bannan did in 30 minutes.

With Reach being off form, Butterfield was all we had at times. In a game where we were outplayed across the pitch, Butterfield performed as well as (or if you prefer, not as bad as) most players in blue. He kept going, didn't hide.

When all players are fit, he'd be eighth choice in midfield (maybe ninth if we can find someone to play left wing back to allow Boyd in field). Clearly he is not what we need to move forward, and he's previously had some poor performances, but the criticism is way OTT.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Booing someone on to the pitch...

 

:laugh:

 

Jesus

 

I really think you might have lost perspective just a little bit.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought he played alright when he came on. Certainly doesn’t deserve the criticism he’s getting this morning. I wouldn’t want him here next season, and he’s been a massive let down. But don’t just criticise him for the sake of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Kanye West said:

I hate to single him out, but when Bannan went off we’d have better just keeping 10 players on the pitch. 

 

He should be nowhere near the match day squad, he is absolutely awful. Whoever made the decision to bring him in for Winnall needs their heads testing. 

I'm not a fan of Buttercup, but yesterday I though he had a much better game than usual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

butterfield is going back to derby so playing him is pointless unless he offered something on the pitch which he don't. were was abdi again? is it still 2 days training  with him then out again? easily the worst signing ever considering he is on 30-35k a week .if he is fit surely he should be on bench to see what he offers regards next season , cant we pay him off or get him medically written off? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He looked like he had a decent game from the highlights 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ian_D said:

I thought he was ball watching a couple of times yesterday (like I thought Reach also did.)  Other times I thought he did ok.  That miss though, unforgivable.

 

What miss ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tamworthowl said:

Butterfield made the pass of the match (from a Wednesday perspective). 

He also made a couple of dire passes, but in an hour he misplaced less than Bannan did in 30 minutes.

With Reach being off form, Butterfield was all we had at times. In a game where we were outplayed across the pitch, Butterfield performed as well as (or if you prefer, not as bad as) most players in blue. He kept going, didn't hide.

When all players are fit, he'd be eighth choice in midfield (maybe ninth if we can find someone to play left wing back to allow Boyd in field). Clearly he is not what we need to move forward, and he's previously had some poor performances, but the criticism is way OTT.

I wouldnt boo a player coming on because it no good for the team .if you watch games you should know butterfield is a horrific player and should never been seen in a wednesday shirt again

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

I wouldnt boo a player coming on because it no good for the team .if you watch games you should know butterfield is a horrific player and should never been seen in a wednesday shirt again

 

I wouldn't boo a player, full stop.

 

I wouldn't criticise a player the day after he was far from being the worst player on the pitch.

 

I agree that he's not what we need, but horrific, as I said, way OTT.

 

PS. Been to most game this season. Not due a visit to Specsavers for another 12 months. You?

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

 

I wouldn't boo a player, full stop.

 

I wouldn't criticise a player the day after he was far from being the worst player on the pitch.

 

I agree that he's not what we need, but horrific, as I said, way OTT.

 

PS. Been to most game this season. Not due a visit to Specsavers for another 12 months. You?

No mate clear what ive seen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can just imagine the crowd reaction if Butterfield had done those two “attempted” cross field passes that Bannan tried .

I don’t think he was bad yesterday. At least he tried to get hold of the ball and didn’t treat it like a hot potato 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎07‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 20:25, peacock1961 said:

Butterfield is probably the laziest pro footballer i have ever seen. Hides, moves away from where the ball is and doesn't help his team mates out. But i still didn't boo him when he came on cos i was too busy shaking my head and i cant do 2 things at once. The next time you see him in the team watch him instead of the ball and you will see exactly what i mean. My local is full of Derby fans and they laugh before they ask me how he played. 

i'm not a fan but I think that's harsh ......you cant play around 300 games in the championship for numerous managers some who paid good money for him and not be found out if  he's  as bad as you make him out to be .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hugeowl said:

 

What miss ?

I should have gone to specsavers, I've just looked at the highlights and it was Venancio that missed it not Butterfield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like how Butters has the knack of Spreading it about a bit  lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...