Barry Bannan off after 30 minutes

2 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Game over when he went off, it’s no surprise that our 3 wins came with him on the pitch keeping possession, linking defence with midfield and creating chances.

The lesson we learned today was the midfield needs major work to be a playoff side next season. 

It needs Bannan and Lee. 

Or Bannan and similar to Lee.

2 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Game over when he went off, it’s no surprise that our 3 wins came with him on the pitch keeping possession, linking defence with midfield and creating chances.

The lesson we learned today was the midfield needs major work to be a playoff side next season. 

In all honesty, even when  Bannan  was on, we looked very ordinary today, we never really got at it at all. They outfootballed us and where by far the better team.

Just now, Whatahoot said:

In all honesty, even when  Bannan  was on, we looked very ordinary today, we never really got at it at all. They outfootballed us and where by far the better team.

Agreed. 

I didn't think Bannan was having a particularly good game...though I'd much rather him on the pitch than Butterface. 

My kingdom for a midfielder like Cairney. 

Just now, SiJ said:

Agreed. 

I didn't think Bannan was having a particularly good game...though I'd much rather him on the pitch than Butterface. 

My kingdom for a midfielder like Cairney. 

I did,nt think Bannan looked right from the off. I don,t fancy Butterfield as a player, but he did OK today, poss more effective than Bannans 30 mins.. Ye I would have Cairney if we could afford the price, which we cannot.

2 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

I did,nt think Bannan looked right from the off. I don,t fancy Butterfield as a player, but he did OK today, poss more effective than Bannans 30 mins.. Ye I would have Cairney if we could afford the price, which we cannot.

I thought Bannan looked unfit tbh...which is understandable tbf. 

His decision making was a bit so-so too. 

A daft pass to Reach in our area nearly led to a goal and then there was a pretty risque header back to Wildsmith about 10 mins later. 

Still - it has been nice to have him back and fingers crossed this injury isn't too bad. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

I thought Bannan looked unfit tbh...which is understandable tbf. 

His decision making was a bit so-so too. 

A daft pass to Reach in our area nearly led to a goal and then there was a pretty risque header back to Wildsmith about 10 mins later. 

Still - it has been nice to have him back and fingers crossed this injury isn't too bad. 

What you are pointing at is correct and also he underhit two long cross field balls, which he normally nails.Jos has said that 3 games in a week was probably too much for him at this stage. Probably says something about about Butterfields future at Hillsborough or his alternatives