So David Hirst regrets

Manchester Evening news cuts and pastes something from a 3 year old Daily Mail article.  

Maybe now we can start showing our local hacks a bit more respect, their cut and paste stuff is usually only a week to a old!

Think on

• Like 1

Legend to me , the best striker I’ve ever seen playing for us . If he had gone to Man U I’m sure he would have been just as good and an England regular oh and probably earned a  bob or 2 more , David Hirst sings My Way , regrets I’ve had a few !!! Who wouldn’t think if only in his position !! 

Two strikers made their England debut at the same time one signed for Blackburn for a then record £5m, won the league, captained his country and is the record goal scorer in Premier league history. 

The other stayed at the team he loved and was blighted by injuries, but because of the love of the fans he was consistently rushed back when not fit and ended up breaking down again.

You can't blame Hirst for thinking if he had gone to Man Utd he might have had the career Shearer had. But funnily enough if we had accepted the £4m bid from Man Utd guess who we had lined up to replace him - one Alan Shearer.