What's the longest you've queued for Sheffield Wednesday tickets?

Queuing outside the South Stand to pick seats for a season ticket on the newly seated Kop. Can’t remember how long but seemed proper ages. I think I’d been sent a paper plan and you had to mark the seat you wanted with an X. Something like that.

Edited by Sonny

Was in online queue hours for play off final tickets against Hull. lol

Seriously probably one of fa cup semi finals during 1980s, weren't a season ticket holder at time so had to queue hours with other part timers. :duntmatter:

Remember when I was 15 or 16, so bout 1990; we played Derby away; FA cup I think.

We'd sold out; but several hundred extras were released. Went down and queued from 4am with a mate.

Pretty sure people were turning up 8 am  & still getting them.

Also Spora Lux away; not quiet as early.

66 semi final against Chelsea. I was only young so cant remember exactly but something like 5/6 hours. The final there was no wait as we were told to clear off as all the tickets had gone. It was a complete scandal that very few tickets made it to a general sale. Typical of how the club was being run at the time.

Ah, the days before buying tickets online in a virtual queue. Waited for about 4 hours for tickets for the Cardiff play off final, queue was around the car park and into the north stand concourse. It was well worth it. 

4 hours ago, Arthur Bach said:

Slept in South Stand for 91 tickets.

Was awful weather too, spent a good few hour on Penistone Road too.

Some lads took a ball on the pitch and got thrown out, always wondered what happened to them.

Just a normal home game then .

20 minutes ago, torryowl said:

66 semi final for me as well ....think my dad dropped me off around 5am and joined the queue around the bridge on leppings lane 

1966 Semi  v Chelsea. Yep same for my brother and I. Remember walking down Herries Road in the dark and joining the line somewhere near the current Café opposite the junior school. We got our tickets and spent the rest of the day thinking about transport down to Villa Park. Cant remember the wait time though but it was a good few hours.

Way back from Fulham this season my drunken mate regaled us all about how he slept in the south stand for Wembley 91 tickets. He tells a very detailed, elaborate story (especially when drunk) and this is no different: braving the elements, drunks and John Major’s government all for this prized ticket.

A waited a few seconds after his epic story and with timing Bob Monkhouse would have been proud of point out how we just sent off in the post for ours.

I qued from midnight for the Brentford away tickets 2012. We had played Oldham that day I think at home I'd only got back from the boozer about 10:30, I'd been asleep about 10 minutes when the phone went and my mate rang me and told they were already queuing for tickets.

Jumped out of bed wife wondered wtf was happening I told her and she said that I was mad.

Off I toddled back to the ground I was about 20th in the queue ended up stood at the side of one of the lads off the Park coach who immediately gave me a bottle of ale,  job was a good en we qued til about 9:30 for the tickets.

The highlight of the night was when someone at the front lit a bbq about four in the morning in front of the gate to the ticket office and security shouted over the tannoy to put the fire out. Bet the neighbours were right impressed.

It was a good laugh really and with Lleras goal goal at the end off the match then watching the pigs fack up on someone's phone on the Park coach on the way back it was well and truly worth it. 

Bit of a tangent....

I went to pick up my tickets for the semi or final in 93. Whilst queuing, Waddle came up to us all and had some really pleasant chat. Very friendly and unassuming. My (French) wife to be was with me and was gobsmacked. She had adored Waddle since his days in Marseille. 

Same morning, because we had my soon to be in-laws with me I asked if there was any chance they could have a quick glance inside the stadium. I laid it on thick that they had come from France and were really keen etc...A guy from the office stepped forward and said took the four of us into the stadium and gave us a 30 minute tour - stands, tunnels, pitch edge, dressing-rooms etc and he couldn’t have been kinder or more enthusiastic. Paulette and Pierre smile and nodded a lot but I knew they hadn’t understood a single word.

Brilliant day. 

Guest mkowl

I have always managed to delegate this task.

Having generally always had a season ticket then you could always relax for the big finals knowing you were guaranteed to get one. 

So for 1991 we already had ours and we went out to the pub, one mate was driving and went past the smallish queue on the way into town. 3 hours or more and a few pints we drove back past and the queue was right down to Law Bros. Anyway we did an about turn and decided to drive past again but this time waving our tickets at all them in the queue. WAWAW 

Pigs away 11/12 season.

Had a birthday party to go to the night before got home a little bit worse for wear but managed to be asleep by just past midnight, got up at about 4am got my dad to drop me off close to ground at about 5 thinking "this'll be great I'm gonna be first in the queue!" Got round the corner on vere road to see 30+ Already queuing

anyway got my ticket between half 9/half 10 don't know what time cos at that point I was so tired I just slipped into autopilot mode, 

dont even remember how I got back home!

lol 

16 hours ago, Watson said:

Eight hours for the playoff at Cardiff,  qued all around the north stand in the north stand, turned out to be a quite a good day everyone was in a carnival mood.

This, I went down at what I thought was an early time and it was like Unicef had just arrived in Sudan 

• Haha 2