What's the longest you've queued for Sheffield Wednesday tickets?

I once queued 18 days, when I finally got to the front - they were all sold out, I started crying, then out of nowhere Reggie Blinker paraglided towards me and offered half of his Twix by way of consolation - I kicked him in the knackers and jogged home.

True Story lol

Edited by Spookone
  • Haha 5

If I hadn't made a bit of a scene for the Cardiff play off final...I reckon it would have been a couple of days.

I was in the queue for season ticket holders, forget the day, when lass who I worked with phoned to say she couldn't get down and if her husband could meet me at the ground and pass me their season tickets, could I get them....Collected said season tickets..waited in massive q..got to front..after hours..Purchased my 2 cheap ones..then asked for 2 of the more expensive ones...got moved to the F.ookin' BACK of another fookin' Q that went back to the bloody gates on penistone...waited another couple of hours..mate phoned..can't get minibus.....Got to front of Q asked for 2 of the more expensive tickets...and..2 tickets for the intercity Owl....Lo and behold the Q for the intercity Owl was the next Q on the left..

.I looks..

.It went beyond the gates and halfway up Penistone Rd....

"For the sake of Christ almighty " I screamed..just f.ookin' lean over and take 2 tickets from the Lass sitting 2 yds away!!!!"....They called a steward over....I explained that I had been queing all sodding day in seperate Q's..and was not gonna wait in a third that would take another 4 hours...luckily a fair few folk behind me started mumping about the same thing..and it got sorted...

Edited by asteener1867
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

If I hadn't made a bit of a scene for the Cardiff play off final...I reckon it would have been a couple of days.

I was in the queue for season ticket holders, forget the day, when lass who I worked with phoned to say she couldn't get down and if her husband could meet me at the ground and pass me their season tickets, could I get them....Collected said season tickets..waited in massive q..got to front..after hours..Purchased my 2 cheap ones..then asked for 2 of the more expensive ones...got moved to the F.ookin' BACK of another fookin' Q that went back to the bloody gates on penistone...waited another couple of hours..mate phoned..can't get minibus.....Got to front of Q asked for 2 of the more expensive tickets...and..2 tickets for the intercity Owl....Lo and behold the Q for the intercity Owl was the next Q on the left..

.I looks..

.It went beyond the gates and halfway up Penistone Rd....

"For the sake of Christ almighty " I screamed..just f.ookin' lean over and take 2 tickets from the Lass sitting 2 yds away!!!!"....They called a steward over....I explained that I had been queing all sodding day in seperate Q's..and was not gonna wait in a third that would take another 4 hours...luckily a fair few folk behind me started mumping about the same thing..and it got sorted...

The reggie blinker story is more believable than this, no way did someone in the ticket office see sense and use some logic. 

• Haha 1

Guest LittleG
21 minutes ago, Arthur Bach said:

Slept in South Stand for 91 tickets.

Was awful weather too, spent a good few hour on Penistone Road too.

Some lads took a ball on the pitch and got thrown out, always wondered what happened to them.

You must have had a lot of priority points to buy 91 tickets !!

27 minutes ago, Arthur Bach said:

Some lads took a ball on the pitch and got thrown out, always wondered what happened to them.

She's got sweaty feet, Alouette!!!

Also queued overnight in 91. I was gutted for the bloke that got kicked out.

Rememeber people coming through the river trying to push in? That was before they moved us to the stand.

Best part was everyone we queued with we sat near to at Wembley. 

It was worth every second.

For United away, 2005-06. At the time, the ticket office entrance was up the side of where the shop is now.

We queued from quite a way down Penistone Road, right round the car park and up the side of the now Megastore, before queuing inside the ticket office.

It was winter and bloody freezing. Someone just on front of us fainted when we had only just got in the car park. The staff took them in the ticket office but wouldn’t serve them until it was their turn from their place in the queue.

When we finally got into the ticket office, there were only about 4 of 12 windows actually open.

Overnight for the League Cup Final in 1991, Joe Ashton kept telling us to "go Home"

Never did manage to get one either :wacko:

Got ones for the Arsenal Cup Finals no promble though as was a season ticket holder then with my dad and brother

Edited by steveger

Queued for 91 tickets and slept outside leppings lane entrance for burnley away tickets with my mate only to find we were the only two to sleep out people walking past must have thought we were vagrants laid on cardboard in sleeping bags those were the days.

Just now, hawksmore said:

The reggie blinker story is more believable than this, no way did someone in the ticket office see sense and use some logic. 

Got worse mate...

...Anyone remember the chaos that ensued on the intercity Owl coaches?

The pick up point was Penistone rd outside the ground, they were late...and a rumour spread that they were leaving from the dogtrack..Hence thousands leggin' it from the ground ..up the road in a state of panic...a couple of hundred started legging it..then saw a 53 bus an' started chasing that back down towards the ground..It was going to f.ookin' Parson Cross FFS!..I was helpless...I simply presumed if they had actually changed the venue..some bugger would have said, but they were quite late...We had "Marshalls" wiv badges on...walking up and down the Hordes, calming the bewildered, ..the badges said something like "Coach Marshall"..So I asked a coach marshall where the coaches were..he replied 

"Someone says they are leaving from the dog track"...."Someone???" I says..."Yer a coach marshall FFS!"....he actually..looked at his badge an' sorta simpered..

THEN!

The coaches arrived on the brow of Herries rd...rolled down under the 5 arches..We all cheered, the "Coach Marshall" looked smug.....until, we noticed there were no bloody numbers on some....

Absolute sodding chaos....some had numbers, some didn't..number 53 was f.ookin' empty cos there were about 100 stood at Wordsworth avenue wonderin' why it didn't look much like f.ookin' Cardiff.

I forget which number we were on, there were only 2 of us....say number 26....We were running from coach door to coach door....

"Are you number 26?"

"Dunno mate"

The "Coach Marshall" had f.ooked off....

Luckily I asked another driver

"Are you number 26?"

"How many of you"?

"2"

"Get on"

"Are you 26?"

"Do you want to go to Cardiff"

"Yep"

"Get on"

We got on

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Arthur Bach said:

Ditto Long Long Night/Day.Think I got there about 8pm and back home which is 30 minutes from ground about 11am. But it was worth it!.

Can't remember but the first time I ever came to the ground on the tram it took me ages to get my tickets as I couldn't work out where the ground was from the tram stop. Sadly this was before the time of useful informative videos on Youtube.