Kieran Westwood

if chansiri is going to keep chucking money at and ignore FFP  then i'd keep him as he's the best keeper we have but I don't think he'll do that and some wheeling and dealing will have to be done and he's sellable ......leeds must be looking for a keeper in the summer and he'd be a perfect fit for them . 

57 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

With cup matches there should be around 200+ games. Thats over 25%, Thats a lot of missed games   

He also specified league games in the tweet, which to be fair I think is fair of him to focus on... As should we for the reasons Si's given.

I keep seeing the phrase "cash in" how much do you lot actually think we will get for him? 

33 years old, misses on average a quarter of the season, great shot stopper, poor distributer. 

If he goes to a premier league club its as 2nd/3rd choice. 

We would be very lucky to get a couple of million for him. 

27 minutes ago, David1867 said:

I keep seeing the phrase "cash in" how much do you lot actually think we will get for him? 

33 years old, misses on average a quarter of the season, great shot stopper, poor distributer. 

If he goes to a premier league club its as 2nd/3rd choice. 

We would be very lucky to get a couple of million for him. 

This is the first season in his time here he's missed the most of a season,so doesn't infact "misses on average a quarter of the season"

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, torryowl said:

if chansiri is going to keep chucking money at and ignore FFP  then i'd keep him as he's the best keeper we have but I don't think he'll do that and some wheeling and dealing will have to be done and he's sellable ......leeds must be looking for a keeper in the summer and he'd be a perfect fit for them . 

Be lookin for a new f------g manager as well.

On 06/04/2018 at 14:14, StudentOwl said:

They do if they reinvest the money in a way that enables them to improve elsewhere on the pitch.

i very much doubt you'd raise much of a fee for him at his age, and with the time he's been out this season. 

lower the wage bill would be about it, and i think he deserves another crack at it next season.

Westwood still no1 for me, for another season anyway. As much as Wildsmith has really stepped up to the mark, and he’s an excellent shot stopper. I think he still has some learning to do.

We have an excellent experienced keeper in westwood who has been very consistent for us. He is/was part of the core squad that did so well a couple of seasons ago. Can’t just ignore all of that. If we get a big offer for him, then fair enough perhaps it’s something Wednesday should consider. I’d be confident that Wildsmith and Dawson would step up to the mark again. But we shouldnt just label him a cast off like Biggsy basically has. 

On 4/6/2018 at 15:20, beloved_aunt said:

Can't believe how quickly some are writing him off.  Best keeper we've had since the Prem, and probably in my two decades of watching Wednesday.  Still our number one for a couple of years.

He is .. don't get me wrong. He's been one of the best keepers we've had since Kevin Pressmen .. but he's 33, 34 in October, he's a saleable asset and we've got 2 brilliant keepers in Dawson and Wildsmith .. christ we've got Jake Kean as well but he'll be leaving at the end of the season right?

Its worth cashing in on him if he's gonna leave. Dawson and Wildsmith to fight it out for the number 1 spot and bring in a 3rd experienced keeper on the wind down to improve the other 2

Cash in, and when I say cash in I’m not expecting anything significant, we should accept any decent offer. 33 years old and we’ve got Wildsmith and Dawson now. Been a great servant but I’d argue he’s not needed anymore. Wildsmith has enough experience now without having to be an understudy, and IMO he’ll go on to be better than Westwood 

Edited by FreshOwl