Kieran Westwood

57 minutes ago, Stoop said:

I don’t know why footballers bother responding to fans on Twitter 

In fact I don’t know why footballers bother with twitter at all 

Agreed. 

Though tbf to Westwood he's responded in the proper way. 

Must be quite grating when you've been a very good servant for a club and then you've got Alan flipping Biggs (among others) advocating that you get binned off in the summer. 

I completely disagree with those writing Westwood off.  

Number 1 keeper for me.  Keiren has been outstanding for us, and I will even go so far as saying, he is easily the best keeper we have had since Pressman all those years ago.  

Easily still the best keeper outside of the top flight.  

• Like 1

sorry Kieran I disagree ,top bloke,top keeper but injuries and age are catching up with you , keepers always get the least injuries as footballers . he has missed 40 games in 4 years also been subbed off in a number of other games with injuries , he has been a brilliant servant for this club but how many Ireland squads has he pulled out of in 4 years? the question should be how many Ireland squads has he been involved in as its that few . he has had a lot of niggles and injuries which stop him training over last 2-3 seasons but in general he played the week after. injuries are killing this club ,they are draining the life out of club in wasted wages and none have a sellable asset due to having too good a contract. 11 out for season now, totally forget the idea that they will all be fit by next sept/oct few will come back and even fewer will stay fit sorry to say it. 

A fair and valid point for both sides of debate.......cash in will only decrease in value but there’s no substitute for experience and he’s a class act and someone the the younger keepers will benefit from working with gaining valuable knowledge from. Overall I’d say keep around for another season or two might just be to soon for Wildsmith and Dawson if we’re going for playoffs next season

Keiran has 12 months left on his contract. Are we likely to offer him a new deal ?.  As much as he has been a fantastic keeper for us ,  I  can not see us offering him a new deal, with 2 great younger keepers. I think we will ( if he is fit) be putting him on the market this summer , free up a big wage and maybe get a transfer fee . 

22 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

144 league games in 4 seasons.

52 clean sheets

2 player of the season awards 

1 team of the year award

Just said so himself on Twitter after someone suggested we think about gettting rid.

lol

Bluddy good goalkeeper. Full Stop.

17 hours ago, handworth52 said:

sorry Kieran I disagree ,top bloke,top keeper but injuries and age are catching up with you , keepers always get the least injuries as footballers . he has missed 40 games in 4 years also been subbed off in a number of other games with injuries , he has been a brilliant servant for this club but how many Ireland squads has he pulled out of in 4 years? the question should be how many Ireland squads has he been involved in as its that few . he has had a lot of niggles and injuries which stop him training over last 2-3 seasons but in general he played the week after. injuries are killing this club ,they are draining the life out of club in wasted wages and none have a sellable asset due to having too good a contract. 11 out for season now, totally forget the idea that they will all be fit by next sept/oct few will come back and even fewer will stay fit sorry to say it. 

Season 2014-15 he missed 3 championship games.

Season 2015-16 he missed 12 games championship games.

Season 2016-17 he missed 3 games championship games.

Season 2017-18 he's missed most of it.

Not really that  bad is it,certainly not as far as some are suggesting.

20 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Here are Westwood's appearances for the 4 seasons he's been at the club. Only including League, because Carlos liked to play Wildsmith in cup competitions rather than Westwood not due to injury. 

2014/15- 44 appearances. Missed 2 matches, one due to suspension and the other was the last game of the season against Watford.

2015/16- 37 appearances which includes the Play Offs. Missed 12 games due to injury. Missed 5 games around September time and missed 5 games over Christmas in a row. 

2016/17- 45 appearances including Play Offs. Missed 3 games due to injury.

2017/18- 18 appearances. Missed the 3 games after the Derby defeat and then returned. But has not been available since 15th December.

To me his injury record for this season and the 15/16 campaign for a keeper is pretty poor. I'd like to compare that to other number 1s in the Championship. However last season and in his first season here he was pretty much ever present.

Personally if we could get a fee for him I'd sell and use that money to strengthen elsewhere. Particularly if we need to start balancing the books in the summer.

This season there are 14 keepers in our league who have missed 4 games or less. Of the other 9 (not including Westwood) I don't know how many have missed games due to being dropped.

Last season he was 1 of 11 keepers in our league who missed 4 games or less.

17 hours ago, outlaw pete said:

Sorry but  he has reached his sell-by date, sell now while we can collect a decent fee.

Too many errors this season.

But I wish him well.

No he hasn't,not really.

He's played 13 this season.

Yeh, booooooo kieran westwood,with ya 

144 league games in 4 seasons.

52 clean sheets

2 player of the season awards 

1 team of the year award.........................................................FFS

21 hours ago, Owling Wolfe said:

144 games in 4 seasons suggests otherwise

With cup matches there should be around 200+ games. Thats over 25%, Thats a lot of missed games   

Just now, CLswfc said:

With cup matches there should be around 200+ games. Thats over 25%, Thats a lot of missed games   

Yeah but he will have been fit for most of those cup games. 

It's not his fault that Carlos tended to pick Wildsmith or Dawson in cup ties. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Stoop said:

I don’t know why footballers bother responding to fans on Twitter 

In fact I don’t know why footballers bother with twitter at all 

Its nothing to with the ones who are out injured and have plenty of time on their hands especially on Saturdays is it. :picnic: