1 hour ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Options;

Hooper 

Joao

Dave

Fletcher

FF

Matias

Rhodes should be sold or loaned out and Winnall will go back to Derby. For me, Rhodes is completely out of the picture and for the sake of us and his career, he needs to go. Winnall clearly wants to be at Derby and he is a tail, so he can do one.

I think we could do with a pace option out wide to complement what we’ve got. We are likely to play 3 up top, so we need to have options. 

Fletcher and Matias need to step up this season. No excuses. I think they are both got something but I don’t want to hear about any more injuries with these 2. 

Jordan Rhodes certainly is NOT out of the picture.

To loan out or even worse sell a proven goalscorer with his experience and ability would be a seriously short sighted move, in my opinion.

We have a long hard season ahead.

Injuries will.occur. 

I want jordan Rhodes playing for Sheffield Wednesday, not for anyone else !

8 hours ago, np pontefract said:

Jordan Rhodes certainly is NOT out of the picture.

To loan out or even worse sell a proven goalscorer with his experience and ability would be a seriously short sighted move, in my opinion.

We have a long hard season ahead.

Injuries will.occur. 

I want jordan Rhodes playing for Sheffield Wednesday, not for anyone else !

Jordan Rhodes couldn’t get in the team when Hooper, Ff, Fletcher and even Joao were injured. He was constantly overlooked. Even in the last game of the season, Jos brought Matias on in the second half and Rhodes didn’t get a kick.

What makes you think that Jos will start playing him next season when everybody is fit? He won’t get in the 18 man squad. He was nearly loaned out in January and I’m convinced he will be at another club come August.

On 05/04/2018 at 07:35, @owlstalk said:

Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 07.32.57.jpg

We have eight first team strikers currently at the club (9 if you included the mighty George Hirst)

How many of the above 8 players would you expect us to keep hold of for next season, and who can you see being swapped out for another?

Can't see much future for Sam Winnall realistically given the rumoured friction that was caused when he was here

Personally think Jos and Nuhiu get along like a house on fire and the big lad's benefitting too banging in the goals so can't see Jos wanting to offload him unless Luhukay is brutal in his transfer dealings (we dont' know yet)

Matias could be given the benefit of the doubt under a new fitness regime too? (same with Fletcher and Hooper?)

Also what about the policy of not selling players? Will this continue under Mr Chansiri or will Jos force a rethink on it?

What’s the average goal count for this treasure trove of talent? 4 goals for the last season? Lol

11 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Fletcher and Matias need to step up this season. No excuses. I think they are both got something but I don’t want to hear about any more injuries with these 2. 

Foul Ref!

Last two seasons.....

Matias - 251 minutes

Fletcher - 3261 minutes

Matias has been a joke for us. I’m baffled why any of us even consider him seriously in discussions about future plans.

Edited by Holmowl

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Foul Ref!

Last two seasons.....

Matias - 251 minutes

Fletcher - 3261 minutes

Matias has been a joke for us. I’m baffled why any of us even consider him seriously in discussions about future plans.

After thinking about it, You’re right mate re; Matias. If I was the manager, I wouldn’t be able to rely on him or trust him to do a job. I was thinking that our new formation would suit him. He was brought in to play in a front 3 and then we ditched the formation.

I think he will be with us until the end of his contract as no club would take a punt on him. You never know, if he keeps fit, he may get some game time in how we are likely to play next season but given the last 3 years, it hardly gives us confidence that it will happen.

2 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Jordan Rhodes couldn’t get in the team when Hooper, Ff, Fletcher and even Joao were injured. He was constantly overlooked. Even in the last game of the season, Jos brought Matias on in the second half and Rhodes didn’t get a kick.

What makes you think that Jos will start playing him next season when everybody is fit? He won’t get in the 18 man squad. He was nearly loaned out in January and I’m convinced he will be at another club come August.

Ah, but everyone won't be fit.

Injuries will occur. 

As for the last game of the season, he was an unused substitute.

That proves absolutely nothing.

With regard to" nearly loaned out in January".

Can you be 100% certain, that was the case ?

In my opinion , We need to retain the services of Jordan Rhodes.

Up the Owls ! 

27 minutes ago, np pontefract said:

Ah, but everyone won't be fit.

Injuries will occur. 

As for the last game of the season, he was an unused substitute.

That proves absolutely nothing.

With regard to" nearly loaned out in January".

Can you be 100% certain, that was the case ?

In my opinion , We need to retain the services of Jordan Rhodes.

Up the Owls ! 

We can agree on one thing - Up the Owls!

Cheers

If we play various formations including 532, 4231 or 433 then it will see some of these players being used differently rather than 8 vying for 2 spots. 

For example 4231 (supposedly Jos’ typical formation in Germany) you could have Nuhiu or Fletcher as the centre forward and any of FF, Joao, Matias, Hooper, Bannan could arguably do a decent job in that role behind. 

Imo 2 or even 1 outright striker is getting outdated now, as are wingers focussed purely on crosses.

The modern hybrid forward like at man c and liverpool can finish like a striker, has technique and creativity like a no10 and pace of a winger.

At this level ff is a top example with matias an injury prone underachieving version, probably only ever fit enough for bench.

Would like our central forwards to be joao, nuhiu, hooper and we're probably stuck with fletcher unless someone took for free with us subsidising wages

So would sell rhodes & winnall (hooper too for decent cash bearing in mind age and injuries) and try to loan 2 young prem forwards (or buy 2) who can play in the 3 for 433 or 4231 like ff can.

So 1 striker and either 2 or 3 mobile forwards around them capable of goals and assists, bearing in mind we probably need 75-90 goals for promotion.

Thats a virtual restructure tho so wouldnt hold mi breath :luhukay:

10 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

After thinking about it, You’re right mate re; Matias. If I was the manager, I wouldn’t be able to rely on him or trust him to do a job. I was thinking that our new formation would suit him. He was brought in to play in a front 3 and then we ditched the formation.

I think he will be with us until the end of his contract as no club would take a punt on him. You never know, if he keeps fit, he may get some game time in how we are likely to play next season but given the last 3 years, it hardly gives us confidence that it will happen.

Agreed but your point that makes this valid is one where no one else will have him. On that basis and the fleeting bits of quality we have seen with him we should make him part of our plans. It basically gives him a chance to earn a contract if he stays fit but it’s totally down to us... we could reep the rewards or we could just have another season like the others he’s been here. 

16 minutes ago, Ash77 said:

Imo 2 or even 1 outright striker is getting outdated now, as are wingers focussed purely on crosses.

The modern hybrid forward like at man c and liverpool can finish like a striker, has technique and creativity like a no10 and pace of a winger.

At this level ff is a top example with matias an injury prone underachieving version, probably only ever fit enough for bench.

Would like our central forwards to be joao, nuhiu, hooper and we're probably stuck with fletcher unless someone took for free with us subsidising wages

So would sell rhodes & winnall (hooper too for decent cash bearing in mind age and injuries) and try to loan 2 young prem forwards (or buy 2) who can play in the 3 for 433 or 4231 like ff can.

So 1 striker and either 2 or 3 mobile forwards around them capable of goals and assists, bearing in mind we probably need 75-90 goals for promotion.

Thats a virtual restructure tho so wouldnt hold mi breath :luhukay:

Kind of agree.... Rhodes Fletcher and Winnall Out if possible and Hooper if we could get value for money but if not when he’s fit he’s class. I still want to see a front 3 of Matias Joao Forestieri Just for the pace !!!

10 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Kind of agree.... Rhodes Fletcher and Winnall Out if possible and Hooper if we could get value for money but if not when he’s fit he’s class. I still want to see a front 3 of Matias Joao Forestieri Just for the pace !!!

and ability, 

A Matias joao ff front 3 is easily a top 6 front 3, maybe better, if matias had new legs :carlos: but maybe matias would be a good bench option, with a new reliable version capable of playing a full season starting instead.

2 minutes ago, Ash77 said:

A Matias joao ff front 3 is easily a top 6 front 3, maybe better, if matias had new legs :carlos: but maybe matias would be a good bench option, with a new reliable version capable of playing a full season starting instead.

Which is probably what we’ll see Maybe a talented young loanee from a Premier League club Hopefully though, we’ll see Matias playing more games next time