Eight strikers on the Sheffield Wednesday books

20 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

I' ll do middlewood road side of the park you do Owlerton green 

What's your legs look like in Fishnets n high heels mate ?

Desperate times call for desperate measures .......

hold on, my support has limits. let them that spent they money get more in, unless of course some on here have 'expertise' in the matter.

byw you looked like you were up for that in a flash. WTF:

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 07.32.57.jpg

We have eight first team strikers currently at the club (9 if you included the mighty George Hirst)

How many of the above 8 players would you expect us to keep hold of for next season, and who can you see being swapped out for another?

Can't see much future for Sam Winnall realistically given the rumoured friction that was caused when he was here

Personally think Jos and Nuhiu get along like a house on fire and the big lad's benefitting too banging in the goals so can't see Jos wanting to offload him unless Luhukay is brutal in his transfer dealings (we dont' know yet)

Matias could be given the benefit of the doubt under a new fitness regime too? (same with Fletcher and Hooper?)

Also what about the policy of not selling players? Will this continue under Mr Chansiri or will Jos force a rethink on it?

Winnall is injured and stated he wants to join Derby so hes gone

Fletcher is always injured due to the weight of his £40,000 a week salary weighing his pockets down - If we can find a foreign chairman stupid enough to get him of the wage bill it would save us £2m a season not to mention the savings on the medical expenses and the scans.

Matias is a left winger but due to the fact he is never fit the tea lady could be classed more as a striking option than him.

Rhodes needs off loading but I think we sell him now we would be lucky to get £3m for him - we send him out on a half season loan to another team, they get him fit and scoring and his valuation hopefully goes up and we then might be able to get rid in January for £5-7m reducing our losses on him.

The other 4 hopefully will make up our strike force with a few kids coming through from the development squad if and when needed.

4 minutes ago, dnhc said:

hold on, my support has limits. let them that spent they money get more in, unless of course some on here have 'expertise' in the matter.

byw you looked like you were up for that in a flash. WTF:

Team player pal

Team player....

Always ready to take one for .............:stuwinky:The Team ....

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Winnall is injured and stated he wants to join Derby so hes gone

Fletcher is always injured due to the weight of his £40,000 a week salary weighing his pockets down - If we can find a foreign chairman stupid enough to get him of the wage bill it would save us £2m a season not to mention the savings on the medical expenses and the scans.

Matias is a left winger but due to the fact he is never fit the tea lady could be classed more as a striking option than him.

Rhodes needs off loading but I think we sell him now we would be lucky to get £3m for him - we send him out on a half season loan to another team, they get him fit and scoring and his valuation hopefully goes up and we then might be able to get rid in January for £5-7m reducing our losses on him.

The other 4 hopefully will make up our strike force with a few kids coming through from the development squad if and when needed.

have to agree that this may well be the best option on rhodes.

matias will be better sent to assist the tea lady.

on fletcher there is very few options, let's hope he comes good.

57 minutes ago, dnhc said:

it may suit you, it wouldn't me, imo fullbacks are for stopping wingers not overlapping them, good job were not working together.  :ghoulguy:

I think wingbacks have to be more offensive minded then defensive though. otherwise you just sit deep and play 5 at the back all match.

Just now, pazowl55 said:

I think wingbacks have to be more offensive minded then defensive though. otherwise you just sit deep and play 5 at the back all match.

i wouldn't play wingbacks, i'd play the ball early to a c/f and play off him, or down the channels, i hope jos does too.

this multi man, multipass movement to the halfway line takes far too long, and allows the opposition to take up extensive defensive positions.

Only ones I'd really want to keep are FF, Joao and Hooper. However I think we'll be selling either Hooper or FF in the summer, just got a feeling one or maybe both will leave.

Like to see what Jos can do with Fletcher. Our run to the playoffs last April was basically spearheaded by him, not sure why he gets the hate he does because he's a quality player. Much rather he stays that Rhodes or Winnall that's for sure.

Think we'll keep Nuhiu too, he wont be on much more than 5k so not too bad.

Winnall will be off, but not until January. Think Rhodes will leave but only on loan, if he starts banging them back in can assess him.

Matias I reckon will go back to Portugal. He won't be on much wage wise either.

For the people fretting over wages, when Loovens, Pudil and Wallace leave on frees in the summer that's at least 30k in wages (maybe more like 40k). A decent RWB and CB can come in for free or loan with that.

6 hours ago, addedtime said:

Please don't delete this post Neil.....

I had posts deleted earlier for 'questioning the regime', its like being in North Korea... 

I'd get rid of:

Rhodes

Fletcher

Matias

Winnall 

Get 1 more in - Happy days, job done

42 minutes ago, ramone said:

I had posts deleted earlier for 'questioning the regime', its like being in North Korea... 

I'd get rid of:

Rhodes

Fletcher

Matias

Winnall 

Get 1 more in - Happy days, job done

YES. NORTH KOREA, ONLY LESS FRIENDLY, AND WITH MORE RULES:tango:

• Haha 2

I hope Jos can sort the issue out with Winnall.

Keep these five fit & performing and they should all reach double figures.

Hooper

FF

Joao

Nuhiu

Winnall

we’ll struggle to move the others on because of big contracts.

Edited by richowl

10 minutes ago, richowl said:

I hope Jos can sort the issue out with Winnall.

Keep these five fit & performing and they should all reach double figures.

Hooper

FF

Joao

Nuhiu

Winnall

we’ll struggle to move the others on because of big contracts.

I'd swap Winnall for Matias. I know, I know. He's made of biscuits. 

I just think when I've seen him this season he's looked better in the forward positions then he ever did in midfield. He's got that little bit of pace. 

Make or break this coming season, so I'd stick with 7. Just see if we can get a decent loan swap deal for Winnall again, nothing like Butters though. Think we've plenty of other striking options in U23 and U18. Matias perfectly capable on wing, just need a bit of tweaking in mid and defence, but we won't be buying, just rejuvenating what we've got. 

Options;

Hooper 

Joao

Dave

Fletcher

FF

Matias

Rhodes should be sold or loaned out and Winnall will go back to Derby. For me, Rhodes is completely out of the picture and for the sake of us and his career, he needs to go. Winnall clearly wants to be at Derby and he is a tail, so he can do one.

I think we could do with a pace option out wide to complement what we’ve got. We are likely to play 3 up top, so we need to have options. 

Fletcher and Matias need to step up this season. No excuses. I think they are both got something but I don’t want to hear about any more injuries with these 2. 

8 senior strikers is totally unsustainable - no wonder we are failing FFP/P&S.

Realistically, I can’t see us moving any of those players on over this transfer window either.  So the hefty assault on the club’s finances continues.

Shoddy short-termist club management since Summer 2016 has brought us here.  The Chansiri/Carvalhal regime left a train-wreck behind, didn’t it..