Jon Newsome "There has to be an inquest into the lack of fitness"

Surely, this is not news but olds. Do we not honestly think that the first thing any new manager does is to examine his squad, estimate their abilities and their deficiencies IN HIS OWN OPINION, then attempt to correct these same deficiencies, gradually imposing his own standards on his staff. One thing is certain. This is what Jos has done. No manager worth his pay would just follow blindly his predecessor and his ways. He is his own man, looks at different players in a different way to his predecessor, then BEGIN to stamp his own mark on the side. Because player A has always played in the fashion he has, doesn't mean tha is either the best way , or that he is best suited for that way. Hence the trial of the younger players, the switching of squads, the formation of partnerships. Even man City, Chelsea etc have their ups and downs.

What Newsome has called for is in the current fashion. Something goes wrong, so there must be a reason for it, and this can only be assessed by a public enquiry. Utter cobblers.

In this situation, a fault has occurred. The Owner has identified it. The man deemed responsible has been replaced. The new man brings his own ideas to the front. Job done. Start afresh. 

Incidentally, the fault has been laid at CC's door. No mention has been made of the players. Surely, these chaos know they ar not fit and have a personal resposibility to do something about it.

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Yes

If you don't like it don't click into Jon Newsome threads

lol

Its been covered 100 times over last 3 months so i think everybody knows the team wasnt fit enough .so really cant see what difference it make if john newsome says it

11 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Amazing how no media outlet had a pop while it was happening.  Perhaps JN ought to enlighten us why that was.

If anybody knows john newsome does

I think we can safely say that SWFC, at a high level have held an inquiry and hold their view on things, including DC. In his position, paying out on injured players wages for long periods of time will have annoyed him as he has watched the team on the pitch suffer.Leave it behind closed doors for me. It looks like Jos has a different way of dealing with injured players and so long as the new medical team are up to the job, the players are in much safer hands and we should get the reward next season.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

1) No - I split the article into three different points
2) There should be no 'inevitable reaction' 
3) I don't see it as negative at all 

I started reading this, because I think it is important for us to learn from our mistakes, move on and improve. I am not sure why people are jumping to the conclusion that it was something to do with the training techniques, the medical staff/physios, or the state of the training pitches. Although my money is on the state of the training pitches. Chris Turner mentioned that the state of the training pitches had been raised before due to them being too hard and solid, when he was commentating on a match, earlier in the season and the types of injuries we were picking up was mentioned by the RS presenter.

Has anybody been able to shed any ore light on this and do we know if the club are looking at making any changes to the training pitches?  

4 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

I have a suggestion ..

In life and football there's a saying 

"The buck stops with the manager"

Carlos Carvallal was the manager of SWFC during the period J Newsome Is commenting on 

So the buck was with him entirely ..

Only inquest that can be had is access to players medical records and any employees left from CC's tenure that will dob him and his troops  in?

Other than that wipe slate clean roll up sleeves n start again 

Which looks like Jos has already done

And considering the absolute "shatau Neuf du pap" he was left 

I think he's the manager of the year tbh.. 

The injuries are still piling up three months into Jos' tenure.  

And to suggest he's the manager of the year is absolutely absurd

52 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

The injuries are still piling up three months into Jos' tenure.  

And to suggest he's the manager of the year is absolutely absurd

Why are they piling up indoor ?

Would it be possible that Jos adopted this unfit poorly coached poorly

clusterfùck of a squad ?

In the time he's had here he's had to work with bare bones, which in my opinion is bordering on miracle work .

As I have previously posted the blame lays firmly at the feet of our previous management structure or whatever you Zen guys call it ?

I call it the Gaffer ....

His fault ....

flower it up with with whatever fancy words you like, from coaching manuals to motivational garbage that's tossed around football these days 

Carlos Carvalhal was the man who put us where we are now.

He did promise promotion !!!

Jos is sifting through the wreckage from his tenure 

And hopefully we will see some more improvement 

Fantastic work is now  being done at Hillsborough 

Look forward - not backwards ...

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST

The reasons for our injury problems lay within the 3 year promotion project that almost paid off but ultimately failed.

The manager overseeing the project left for a position on more money with a bigger company and the new guy has come in to pick up the pieces, assess the assets and take things forward in a different way.

Let it go.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, james o connor said:

He’s right the sheer stupidity of the previous regime can’t happen again 

And that is where the problems lie. The "regime" is the same. How can we learn from our mistakes when we are not sure what they are? Us fans are often kept in the dark about these things and it seems odd that the people who are actually running the club (not the manager/head coach or whatever you want to call him) are making the same mistakes that we have made in the past in so many different areas.

Unfit players or players carrying injuries should not be doing the same kinds of training as the fully fit players. Fair enough, a simple enough lesson, but how did so many players end up with so many similar injuries which have excluded them from joining the few fully fit players in the first place. 

How come in the three full seasons that Chansiri has been in charge we have wasted so much money on older players who are unfit when they come to the club, have no resale value, have played very few games as a consequence, yet are on incredibly high wages? That is the biggest lesson of all that we should have learned after dropping out of the top flight. Never again adopt an old players on high wages philosophy. Yet here we are again. We have 10 players who are 29 or over and I think only one of them has not had a significant injury that has kept him out for a chunk of the season. Of those ten players Wallace has started most games with 24, then Hooper 22 starts, Jones next starting 19 and coming on as a sub 7 times, then Pudil with 19 starts and 3 subs and Loovens with just 19 starts and having to leave the field on a handful of occasions through injury or being sent off for being too slow.

The only player that has appeared in every league game so far is Reach, starting 39 and coming on as sub in one game.

How many of Westwood, Hooper, Loovens, Abdi, Boyd, Fletcher, Wallace, Jones and Pudil are still worth anything like the high wages that they are on when compared to players like Reach, who has played in so many games and so many different positions to keep the team going through the very difficult times this season? We have signed several players in recent years that arrived with known injury problems, such as Hutch, Westwood, Boyd, Fletcher

I still find it funny that so many people are still blaming Carlos for our injury list and criticising his training style when he was complaining so much about our players lack of fitness last season and this season, so much so that he replaced the entire medical/physio team. At least another five players have been added to the players out for the season since Jos arrived in January, so how is Carlos responsible for that too?

I think it is common sense that a combination of things are required to keep a fit healthy squad available, starting with us signing younger fit, healthy players, maintaining that fitness by playing them and training them on a good surface and using whatever modern techniques are applicable to the individual players to support their ongoing well being and fitness.

Good luck with that Jos, Chansiri and company, because it all costs money, so there had better be a much better plan in place than the rehashed disaster course that we have followed the last couple of seasons.

6 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

The reasons for our injury problems lay within the 3 year promotion project that almost paid off but ultimately failed.

Imagine if it had succeeded?

Would have been absolute carnage

We'd have been in the Premiership with no players

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Imagine if it had succeeded?

Would have been absolute carnage

We'd have been in the Premiership with no players

We'd have got loads of money for loads of new players or we'd have been relegated with shitloads of money to go straight back up again.